PDA

View Full Version : Intensity

Perianne
02-09-2016, 07:57 AM
Do you consider yourself an intense person?

NightTrain
02-09-2016, 08:01 AM

In what way?

darin
02-09-2016, 08:18 AM
No

Perianne
02-09-2016, 08:23 AM
In what way?

In showing strong emotions.

When I enter a patient's room and introduce myself, I walk in with a smile and generally that shows I am a warm and friendly person. People respond positively in such a situation.

When angered, though, I display such intensity that the other woman recognizes I am willing to fight and/or defend myself. I may be little, but no one wants to fight a badger.

Doctors have learned that I am not the one to pick on. A doctor once berated a coworker of mine for something he felt she did wrong. I heard it and jumped in his stuff and chewed his butt for about five minutes straight. Finally, I told him I was finished and he slithered away. Then I thought of something else to say and called him back for another couple of minutes. Later, my coworkers cheered me. The story was repeated and I eventually became a legend, lol. I still hear about it from time to time.

I jumped in my deceased husband's stuff from time to time, but he thought it was amusing for me to be so little but have so much intensity. When he got tired of hearing my mouth, he let me know in one form or another.

Those are examples of intensity. For what it's worth, I don't usually recommend to be so intense, unless in self defense or defending one's family.

Jeff
02-09-2016, 08:28 AM
In showing strong emotions.

When I enter a patient's room and introduce myself, I walk in with a smile and generally that shows I am a warm and friendly person. People respond positively in such a situation.

When angered, though, I display such intensity that the other woman recognizes I am willing to fight and/or defend myself. I may be little, but no one wants to fight a badger.

Doctors have learned that I am not the one to pick on. A doctor once berated a coworker of mine for something he felt she did wrong. I heard it and jumped in his stuff and chewed his butt for about five minutes straight. Finally, I told him I was finished and he slithered away. Then I thought of something else to say and called him back for another couple of minutes. Later, my coworkers cheered me. The story was repeated and I eventually became a legend, lol. I still hear about it from time to time.

I jumped in my deceased husband's stuff from time to time, but he thought it was amusing for me to be so little but have so much intensity. When he got tired of hearing my mouth, he let me know in one form or another.

Those are examples of intensity. For what it's worth, I don't usually recommend to be so intense, unless in self defense or defending one's family.

Perianne my OL Lady is 5' tall even, her mom is like 4'9" ( meanest thing I have ever met, she is like a Chihuahua on steroids ) But yea it if funny when the OL Lady blows, all 5 foot of her, and dam what a temper she has, cracks me up.

NightTrain
02-09-2016, 08:39 AM
Not usually.

It takes a lot to get me to let fly. Then there are fireworks, but my temper cools quickly and someone really has to have wronged me bigtime to where I hold a grudge.

I'm naturally an easygoing guy and happy, and not much rattles me off my center. Difficulties are worked out much better in my experience without undue emotion involved.

aboutime
02-09-2016, 08:16 PM
Nope. I leave being intense to others. Getting way too old to worry about what people think, say, or do anymore. None of it is within my control. But I do have an Intense Laughter Factor. Seeing what the real world of sheer stupidity, ignorance, and the results of being Uneducated on other human beings can be...and the results.

I intensely dislike LIARS, LIES, and People who feel they must Fabricate everything just to get attention.

Otherwise. I feel happy knowing "I've heard just about everything...before!"

Drummond
02-09-2016, 08:35 PM

Generally speaking, no.

And when I am, I usually stick to just the one tent to be inside (unless I'm feeling particularly sociable) ...

Perianne
02-09-2016, 08:38 PM
Perianne my OL Lady is 5' tall even, her mom is like 4'9" ( meanest thing I have ever met, she is like a Chihuahua on steroids ) But yea it if funny when the OL Lady blows, all 5 foot of her, and dam what a temper she has, cracks me up.

You know that only makes it worse, to laugh about it? lol

jimnyc
02-09-2016, 08:57 PM

YES!

Try being in my living room when the Steelers are playing, and the game is within a TD apart, and it's the 4th quarter. :towel:

Jeff
02-12-2016, 10:32 AM
You know that only makes it worse, to laugh about it? lol

Yes I do, that is all part of it. She blows and I just laugh ( no arguing back, just laugh ) yea that really puts her over the deep end. :laugh:

OOO and I love the new avatar !!! I bet there is at least one member already getting ready to bus folks to Jim's to protest, until they get it sand blasted off the pages. :laugh: