PDA

View Full Version : Could the division be indecision?

jimnyc
02-09-2016, 12:06 PM
If you were to kick Trump off the trail... - why is there so much indecision? Take him out of the equation and I have an extremely difficult time right now knowing who folks want to next lead the nation. A good comment or article here and there, but back to negativity about Trump. This is a weird election season so far. At this point, seems more about chopping down Trump than it is about voting for a better candidate.

So much positive talk and support for Trump. So much negativity towards Trump. A small noise in the background for the others. I don't get it, if folks hate Trump so much, you would think they would spend more time propping up the better candidate, the person they plan to vote for.

Black Diamond
02-09-2016, 12:13 PM
If you were to kick Trump off the trail... - why is there so much indecision? Take him out of the equation and I have an extremely difficult time right now knowing who folks want to next lead the nation. A good comment or article here and there, but back to negativity about Trump. This is a weird election season so far. At this point, seems more about chopping down Trump than it is about voting for a better candidate.

So much positive talk and support for Trump. So much negativity towards Trump. A small noise in the background for the others. I don't get it, if folks hate Trump so much, you would think they would spend more time propping up the better candidate, the person they plan to vote for.
I'll help a brother out.

For me, it's down to Trump and Christie. So if Trump is knocked out of the equation, it's fat boy all the way.

Black Diamond
02-09-2016, 12:15 PM
And I disagree re small noise. They are playing that clip of Christie body slamming rubio all over the TV and radio.

jimnyc
02-09-2016, 12:16 PM
I'll help a brother out.

For me, it's down to Trump and Christie. So if Trump is knocked out of the equation, it's fat boy all the way.

I still like Trump, Cruz, Rubio, Carson and Christie I still think is a LONGshot.

I have to say, Christie is another smart one, love the way he debates, the man is almost always ready and prepared.

Abbey Marie
02-09-2016, 12:18 PM
I get annoyed watching all those NH voters saying they are still undecided, yesterday and even today.
I don't believe it. They just know that they will get air time if they say they're undecided.

As for the rest of us mortals, whose opinion in this primary doesn't even get to count, I have said I like Carson from the get-go. Still do, but I added Rubio to my top tier. And his performance at the last debate doesn't bother me one bit.

I stickied a thread for people to list their fave(s), but to your point, most people don't seem to want to narrow it down to one or even two choices so far.

Black Diamond
02-09-2016, 12:21 PM
I get annoyed watching all those NH voters saying they are still undecided, yesterday and even today.
I don't believe it. They just know that they will get air time if they say they're undecided.

As for the rest of us mortals, whose opinion in this primary doesn't even get to count, I have said I like Carson from the get-go. Still do, but I added Rubio to my top tier. And his performance at the last debate doesn't bother me one bit.

I stickied a thread for people to list their fave(s), but to your point, most people don't seem to want to narrow it down to one or even two choices so far.

Yeah it has been, for most folks, trump or Anti trump.
Do you think the undecideds in iowa were actually all Rubio voters?

Kathianne
02-09-2016, 12:22 PM

Right now I'm with you regarding Rubio, though I fear his inexperience, the same with Cruz. Rubio just is more in line with my positions and doesn't have the chip on his shoulder I get from Cruz. I could vote for any, with the one exception I've mentioned many times.

I don't think the robo nonsense will haunt Rubio beyond NH, something new will come along shortly.

Abbey Marie
02-09-2016, 12:24 PM
Yeah it has been, for most folks, trump or Anti trump.
Do you think the undecideds in iowa were actually all Rubio voters?

All? I doubt it, but I suppose one could make that argument.

Can't wait to see what all those undecideds in NH do.

Black Diamond
02-09-2016, 12:29 PM
All? I doubt it, but I suppose one could make that argument.

Can't wait to see what all those undecideds in NH do.

Oops. I didn't mean all. But that seemed to be the key statistic they were quoting..

That rubio won a huge number of undecideds in iowa

Gunny
02-09-2016, 12:35 PM

One, Trump is the divider BECAUSE as opposed to your theory. it is Trump that has chopped everyone down. That a few have started fighting back is only natural. I wouldn't have taken near as much crap off him as any othe rest of the candidates have.

But you always use the word hate and I think it's misused I don't like Trump as a President doesn't require one bit of hate.

As propping up the "better" candidate, don't you mean propping up whoever's ahead in polls right now? That's THE reason people stay home. It's eating in the chow hall. Hold out your tray eat what I shovel. Half us bought our food and in the barracks.

What would REALLY work is if someone would get around to rebuilding the GOP from the Ground up and have one or two candidates everyone can mostly get behind, and maybe I or two actual debates instead of a dozen of these name-calling farces.

The bigger problem the ostriches in the GOP have is they can't sell their own brand.

Black Diamond
02-09-2016, 12:40 PM
One, Trump is the divider BECAUSE as opposed to your theory. it is Trump that has chopped everyone down. That a few have started fighting back is only natural. I wouldn't have taken near as much crap off him as any othe rest of the candidates have.

But you always use the word hate and I think it's misused I don't like Trump as a President doesn't require one bit of hate.

As propping up the "better" candidate, don't you mean propping up whoever's ahead in polls right now? That's THE reason people stay home. It's eating in the chow hall. Hold out your tray eat what I shovel. Half us bought our food and in the barracks.

What would REALLY work is if someone would get around to rebuilding the GOP from the Ground up and have one or two candidates everyone can mostly get behind, and maybe I or two actual debates instead of a dozen of these name-calling farces.

The bigger problem the ostriches in the GOP have is they can't sell their own brand.

You make a good point that Candidates have taken too much crap from trump. Why is that? And why is it he's never gone after Christie? Could it be he knows better?

Abbey Marie
02-09-2016, 12:41 PM
You make a good point that Candidates have taken too much crap from trump. Why is that? And why is it he's never gone after Christie? Could it be he knows better?

I would say he never thought Christie was enough of a threat to bother.

Black Diamond
02-09-2016, 12:45 PM
I would say he never thought Christie was enough of a threat to bother.

Possible. But he has hit Rand Paul and Carly.

jimnyc
02-09-2016, 12:47 PM

Umm, no. I mean exactly what I wrote, If folks think there is a better candidate, and for better reasons - they should be sharing this information so as to hopefully help others learn and understand about them. Bellyaching over and over and over about someone you won't vote for, but really very very little actual support for anyone else, pretty much accomplishes nothing whatsoever.

If Christie was my favorite, you would know it based on the threads I start and the way I support him. I think you know who I mainly stand behind up until this point, and likely even know my second choice. I just don't get the point of almost all negativity about one candidate and lack of anything positive about other candidates. People need to put forth something else if they expect others to listen and/or change.

One half is simply positive about the candidate they like, even if it's Trump and others don't care for him. The majority of the other half whine and bitch about Trump and offer little to nothing positive towards/about other candidates.

jimnyc
02-09-2016, 12:48 PM

I think Christie is a pit bull himself and might be more trouble than he's worth, considering where he's mainly been at in the polls.

Gunny
02-09-2016, 12:57 PM
Umm, no. I mean exactly what I wrote, If folks think there is a better candidate, and for better reasons - they should be sharing this information so as to hopefully help others learn and understand about them. Bellyaching over and over and over about someone you won't vote for, but really very very little actual support for anyone else, pretty much accomplishes nothing whatsoever.

If Christie was my favorite, you would know it based on the threads I start and the way I support him. I think you know who I mainly stand behind up until this point, and likely even know my second choice. I just don't get the point of almost all negativity about one candidate and lack of anything positive about other candidates. People need to put forth something else if they expect others to listen and/or change.

One half is simply positive about the candidate they like, even if it's Trump and others don't care for him. The majority of the other half whine and bitch about Trump and offer little to nothing positive towards/about other candidates.

Seems to me every time someone DOES try to say there's a better candidate they get called "Trump haters". Like everyone whined and bitched about McCain? We lost. Romney? We lost. Going for a 3-peat. And it's easier to do it about Trump because gone after ANY Republican that thought was a threat viciously. He deserves anything gets as far as I'm concerned.

I'll also point out the whole point the debates is to allow voters to choose. It ain't choosing if you make up your mind on Day One. I think everyone here has narrowed down to a couple-to-a-few people and said so. I have. Others have. They then amazingly get turned into Trump threads by Trump supporters. I also think there's no one on this board that isn't in a coma that knows what I think of Trump.

jimnyc
02-09-2016, 01:19 PM
Seems to me every time someone DOES try to say there's a better candidate they get called "Trump haters".

Let's finally put this BS to bed...

Put up LINKS to the threads about the other candidates and where a Trump supporter did so. Don't just make lame accusations, please show me EXACTLY what you are talking about and give a few examples. I know, speaking for myself, NOT ONCE have I ever done what you are stating. But I'll happily look at the links of others doing this...

Gunny
02-09-2016, 01:27 PM
Let's finally put this BS to bed...

Put up LINKS to the threads about the other candidates and where a Trump supporter did so. Don't just make lame accusations, please show me EXACTLY what you are talking about and give a few examples. I know, speaking for myself, NOT ONCE have I ever done what you are stating. But I'll happily look at the links of others doing this...

You know I putting up no links. I don't have time go searching around the even if I wanted. We can put it rest easy: Don't call Trump haters when YOU made it about Trump. Am I supposed to discuss my granny? Any other thread about anyone else I comment on THEM too.

So here's clearing it up: I don't like Trump. I don't care if you don't like that I don't like him. I will NOT support Trump in the primaries. He's arrogant loud-mouthed bully who has drowned everyone simply because he can afford to. If he wins the GOP nomination, I'll hold my nose and go down the Titanic voting anti-Democrat. But it STILL won't be for him.

jimnyc
02-09-2016, 01:30 PM
You know I putting up no links. I don't have time go searching around the even if I wanted. We can put it rest easy: Don't call Trump haters when YOU made it about Trump. Am I supposed to discuss my granny? Any other thread about anyone else I comment on THEM too.

So here's clearing it up: I don't like Trump. I don't care if you don't like that I don't like him. I will NOT support Trump in the primaries. He's arrogant loud-mouthed bully who has drowned everyone simply because he can afford to. If he wins the GOP nomination, I'll hold my nose and go down the Titanic voting anti-Democrat. But it STILL won't be for him.

No one has lashed out or called you a "trump hater" because you started a thread about another candidate or simply offered what you thought was a better candidate. You'll make that accusation, but then suddenly become lazy when it comes to PROOF. So unless you care to backup such BS, how about just stop making accusations that you CAN'T backup?

Gunny
02-09-2016, 01:39 PM
No one has lashed out or called you a "trump hater" because you started a thread about another candidate or simply offered what you thought was a better candidate. You'll make that accusation, but then suddenly become lazy when it comes to PROOF. So unless you care to backup such BS, how about just stop making accusations that you CAN'T backup?

I'm not lazy. Want to come hold this 7 months old that's had me up since 4 so I can search for something that doesn't matter to me? Instead of pimping one guy, why don't you work on getting people to vote period instead of holding out? In that case, you're wasting time arguing with ME. I vote. You'll be about as lucky as I was last two elections. The same people that held out the last two elections are going to do it again. Cruz and/or Bush would have better chances at winning the Presidency.

As far as who I think would be better than Trump? Everyone on the stage. That's just my opinion.

Gunny
02-09-2016, 01:45 PM
And one more thing ..... I'm sick of hearing about Trump, the NH Primary, Hillary getting a free ride, and Cam's behavior. I'd like to hear actual news I watch the news. Not all the oversensationalism of a lose-lose deal in the end anyway.