PDA

View Full Version : Jim Morrison's death...

jackass
07-14-2007, 06:58 PM
Here is the latest rumor about his death...

The official story goes like this: On the last night of Jim Morrison's life, the rocker went to a movie in Paris, listened to records, fell ill and died of heart failure in his bathtub at the age of 27. But rumors have always swirled around the death of The Doors frontman and, 36 years later, a former Paris nightclub manager is telling a different story.

In a new book, Sam Bernett says that Morrison died in a toilet stall of his club after what he believes was a heroin overdose.

He writes of his shock on finding Morrison's body: "The flamboyant singer of 'The Doors,' the beautiful California boy, had become an inert lump crumpled in the toilet of a nightclub." Bernett, whose French-language book is called "The End: Jim Morrison," says he believes two drug dealers brought Morrison's body back to his apartment.

http://music.yahoo.com/read/news/45053211

I never did buy the story that his g/f told police. Just sounded too normal for them. This seems to be more along the lines of how his life was being lived.

Said1
07-14-2007, 07:03 PM
Here is the latest rumor about his death...

The official story goes like this: On the last night of Jim Morrison's life, the rocker went to a movie in Paris, listened to records, fell ill and died of heart failure in his bathtub at the age of 27. But rumors have always swirled around the death of The Doors frontman and, 36 years later, a former Paris nightclub manager is telling a different story.

In a new book, Sam Bernett says that Morrison died in a toilet stall of his club after what he believes was a heroin overdose.

He writes of his shock on finding Morrison's body: "The flamboyant singer of 'The Doors,' the beautiful California boy, had become an inert lump crumpled in the toilet of a nightclub." Bernett, whose French-language book is called "The End: Jim Morrison," says he believes two drug dealers brought Morrison's body back to his apartment.

http://music.yahoo.com/read/news/45053211

I never did buy the story that his g/f told police. Just sounded too normal for them. This seems to be more along the lines of how his life was being lived.

It's possible. Given the weight gain, it's possible he went to Paris to get off drugs and slipped. Who really knows, but given that Pamela was a heroine addict, it's entirely possible.

nevadamedic
07-14-2007, 07:17 PM
It's possible. Given the weight gain, it's possible he went to Paris to get off drugs and slipped. Who really knows, but given that Pamela was a heroine addict, it's entirely possible.

That guy is probably just trying to see his book. Jim Morrison may have been in his club before he died, but I really doubt he died in this guy's club.

Said1
07-14-2007, 07:21 PM
That guy is probably just trying to see his book. Jim Morrison may have been in his club before he died, but I really doubt he died in this guy's club.

Maybe not, but I believe the overdose part.

nevadamedic
07-14-2007, 07:24 PM
Maybe not, but I believe the overdose part.

I think everyone realizes that part is true. The many years of drug use finally caught up to him.