PDA

View Full Version : W. Bush vs D. Trump

revelarts
02-13-2016, 07:26 PM
quick survey?

If you had to vote today and the choice was George W. Bush vs Donald Trump who would you vote for?

I'd vote Bush myself without hesitation.

Abbey Marie
02-13-2016, 07:28 PM
Not difficult for me: I've always been a fan of George, and still am.

NightTrain
02-13-2016, 07:57 PM
Dubya all the way. Great President.

tailfins
02-13-2016, 08:17 PM
quick survey?

If you had to vote today and the choice was George W. Bush vs Donald Trump who would you vote for?

I will not support Donald Trump under any circumstances. If Trump were the nominee and I were putting up yard signs for Congressman Sam Johnson, I would say "No thank you" if the county GOP asked me to put up Trump signs since I was already putting up signs anyway.

Elessar
02-13-2016, 08:17 PM
GWB through and through.

Perianne
02-13-2016, 08:37 PM
George W. Bush. His nomination of Samuel Alito was enough to make him a good president.

Kathianne
02-13-2016, 08:53 PM
GW without a doubt.

Drummond
02-14-2016, 04:44 AM
To the extent that a Brit's vote counts ... I have enormous respect for GW Bush .. he's tried and tested, his War on Terror was the perfect response to 9/11. Even so .. I'd want to give Trump a chance. He definitely has the right instincts, he's his own man, he undoubtedly will do whatever it takes to take care of America's interests, not least your national security. Yes, I say - give Trump a chance. My 'vote' is for Trump !

jimnyc
02-14-2016, 07:32 AM
quick survey?

I like them both. Different men of different times, even though only 8-16 years apart.

But I like GWB more as a religious man. He seems to be more genuine than the majority out there. He truly came off as a man that loved his country. He loves the troops and folks are unaware that he STILL does things with them to this day. This isn't a knock on Trump, I just love GWB. A lot of emotion went on during his presidency due to wars, but I think ultimately he will go down as a great president.

As a New Yorker, I also identify with Trump. I understand the attitude of folks that are pissed off with the typical crap in DC. People are pissed at the lack of borders and control. People are pissed at ISIS. People are pissed at a lack of jobs. People are pissed at a lot of things today, and I honestly don't think this "pissed off" stuff was as bad just 8 or 16 years ago.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-14-2016, 09:41 AM
I like them both. Different men of different times, even though only 8-16 years apart.

But I like GWB more as a religious man. He seems to be more genuine than the majority out there. He truly came off as a man that loved his country. He loves the troops and folks are unaware that he STILL does things with them to this day. This isn't a knock on Trump, I just love GWB. A lot of emotion went on during his presidency due to wars, but I think ultimately he will go down as a great president.

As a New Yorker, I also identify with Trump. I understand the attitude of folks that are pissed off with the typical crap in DC. People are pissed at the lack of borders and control. People are pissed at ISIS. People are pissed at a lack of jobs. People are pissed at a lot of things today, and I honestly don't think this "pissed off" stuff was as bad just 8 or 16 years ago.

GWBush was ABSOLUTELY wrong on his stand regarding the Mexican border, WRONG PROSECUTING THOSE TWO BORDER AGENTS AND WRONG WHEN AFTER 9/11 HE SAID ISLAM IS NOT OUR ENEMY.
SO LETS NOT GET CARRIED AWAY IN SAYING HE IS SOME KIND OF PERFECTION.
I like both he and Trump , each for different reasons.
If little brother can not place(win) the primary on his own over Trump then we'd be better served to have Trump.
I have been some truly dangerous, serious fights over my life and never once did I request help from my older brother!!
Had I ever done so, I'd never forgiven myself for that weakness. Ans a weakness it is IMHO.
JUST ANOTHER HAMMER TO HIT TRUMP WITH IMHO.
Trump's comments about Bush pissed me off too but no one single candidate is perfect.

NOW IF TRUMP CONTINUES AND ESCALATES IT THEN HE IS LIKELY TO LOSE ME AS WELL.
HE HAD BETTER LEARN FAST WHEN TO DROP ACTIONS/WORDS THAT WILL COMPLETELY PISS OFF
WE CONSERVATIVES OR ELSE HIS BASE MAY SUFFER A HIT TOO DAMAGING FOR HIM TO WIN.--Tyr

NightTrain
02-14-2016, 10:12 AM
GWBush was ABSOLUTELY wrong on his stand regarding the Mexican border, WRONG PROSECUTING THOSE TWO BORDER AGENTS AND WRONG WHEN AFTER 9/11 HE SAID ISLAM IS NOT OUR ENEMY.
SO LETS NOT GET CARRIED AWAY IN SAYING HE IS SOME KIND OF PERFECTION.

Agree with both points. To clarify : I've not once said that Dubya was perfection personified - he did a few things that I didn't agree with. Hell, I'm sure he did things that HE didn't agree with, just because politically he had to.. that's the nature of the game.

But he's a good man, and was a great President.

I like both he and Trump , each for different reasons.
If little brother can not place(win) the primary on his own over Trump then we'd be better served to have Trump.
I have been some truly dangerous, serious fights over my life and never once did I request help from my older brother!!
Had I ever done so, I'd never forgiven myself for that weakness. Ans a weakness it is IMHO.
JUST ANOTHER HAMMER TO HIT TRUMP WITH IMHO.

I don't hold Jeb using Dubya to assist in his campaign as a weakness. It's risky because so many Americans feel the opposite of what I do about him - but Jeb knows that now is the time to roll the dice, because he's losing right now by quite a margin. Using W is a valid above-board strategy.

Trump's comments about Bush pissed me off too but no one single candidate is perfect.

NOW IF TRUMP CONTINUES AND ESCALATES IT THEN HE IS LIKELY TO LOSE ME AS WELL.
HE HAD BETTER LEARN FAST WHEN TO DROP ACTIONS/WORDS THAT WILL COMPLETELY PISS OFF
WE CONSERVATIVES OR ELSE HIS BASE MAY SUFFER A HIT TOO DAMAGING FOR HIM TO WIN.--Tyr

I already said my piece in the GOP / CBS thread.

About the only way I see to coming back into the Trump camp now is a statement from Trump saying he was wrong about Dubya, 9/11, WMDs, the lie accusations, etc. That stuff was verbatim the bile that Gabby, Pete, Bully, Virgil, Psychobabble and all the other moonbats have said right here on DP... I was stunned to watch him say that last night, and extremely disappointed. More than disappointed, maybe appalled is a better word.

We all know that the facts show what he said last night is bullshit. All of us here, you included, Tyr, have spent the last 13 years destroying the moonbats that say that crap with facts showing that to be wrong.

My nose is seriously out of joint over this, right or wrong.

jimnyc
02-14-2016, 10:32 AM
Agree with both points. To clarify : I've not once said that Dubya was perfection personified - he did a few things that I didn't agree with. Hell, I'm sure he did things that HE didn't agree with, just because politically he had to.. that's the nature of the game.

But he's a good man, and was a great President.

I don't hold Jeb using Dubya to assist in his campaign as a weakness. It's risky because so many Americans feel the opposite of what I do about him - but Jeb knows that now is the time to roll the dice, because he's losing right now by quite a margin. Using W is a valid above-board strategy.

I already said my piece in the GOP / CBS thread.

About the only way I see to coming back into the Trump camp now is a statement from Trump saying he was wrong about Dubya, 9/11, WMDs, the lie accusations, etc. That stuff was verbatim the bile that Gabby, Pete, Bully, Virgil, Psychobabble and all the other moonbats have said right here on DP... I was stunned to watch him say that last night, and extremely disappointed. More than disappointed, maybe appalled is a better word.

We all know that the facts show what he said last night is bullshit. All of us here, you included, Tyr, have spent the last 13 years destroying the moonbats that say that crap with facts showing that to be wrong.

My nose is seriously out of joint over this, right or wrong.

If this turns out to be where the floor drops out from underneath Trump, who do you think will be the one that ends up in the lead?

NightTrain
02-14-2016, 10:45 AM
If this turns out to be where the floor drops out from underneath Trump, who do you think will be the one that ends up in the lead?

Man, I just don't know... gotta be Cruz or Rubio.

I'm hoping that Trump will come around and correct himself.

Black Diamond
02-14-2016, 10:54 AM

He has held this view about George W for years. There is no correcting himself.

jimnyc
02-14-2016, 10:57 AM

He's not going to correct himself, very doubtful. I don't think he's a fan of GWB and Jeb alike, and doesn't realize this will hurt him. How much will be the question. And will any of the others somehow use this to go after him? Thing is, after this debate, and we'll have to see what happens now in SC - the more that stay in the better it is for Trump. I'm not saying this as a supporter of his but rather the reality of things. The longer Bush/Rubio/Cruz keep after one another and remain in the race, this helps Trump. I think somehow at least one of them needs to go before super tuesday. I don't know. Even better if they all rallied around one candidate. Otherwise, the free for all continues, and it doesn't appear any of them can catch up.

Kathianne
02-14-2016, 11:01 AM
I think that the Bush hatred will hurt him with some, though not most of his core supporters.

What I do wonder though, how about his defense of Planned Parenthood? Does that give anyone pause?

jimnyc
02-14-2016, 11:08 AM
I think that the Bush hatred will hurt him with some, though not most of his core supporters.

What I do wonder though, how about his defense of Planned Parenthood? Does that give anyone pause?

It did for me, because I can't stand them. But my hatred stems from their abortion crap, which he also doesn't support. Whether one could defend them in other areas, and condemn them in the abortion area? Are the other things they offer actually "positive" things? If I was the one making decisions, I would like to see PP shut down, or defunded. Bu I like to :poke:people because I simply don't like them or out of revenge. :) Hell, is this place ever going to get defunded or disappear anyway? Why won't congress do so?

revelarts
02-14-2016, 11:10 AM

very little seems to give Trump supporters pause.
As he said he could shoot someone in times square....

revelarts
02-14-2016, 11:12 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nbm3ZmoF-6k

jimnyc
02-14-2016, 11:13 AM
Here is what Trump said:

-----

“It does wonderful things, but not as it relates to abortion,” Trump said, under fire from Sen. Ted Cruz. “Wonderful things that have to do with women’s health.” (Trump’s position on Planned Parenthood is somewhat unclear. He has said that he believes Planned Parenthood does good for women overall and that its non-abortion services should be funded. But he has also said he supports shutting down the government in order to stop federal funding for the group.)

https://www.yahoo.com/politics/trump-says-planned-parenthood-does-1364695835000886.html

Black Diamond
02-14-2016, 11:13 AM

He has been saying what he said last night about Planned Parenthood since the scandal broke: that planned parenthood does good things, but not with regard to abortion.

Black Diamond
02-14-2016, 11:16 AM
It did for me, because I can't stand them. But my hatred stems from their abortion crap, which he also doesn't support. Whether one could defend them in other areas, and condemn them in the abortion area? Are the other things they offer actually "positive" things? If I was the one making decisions, I would like to see PP shut down, or defunded. Bu I like to :poke:people because I simply don't like them or out of revenge. :) Hell, is this place ever going to get defunded or disappear anyway? Why won't congress do so?

Yeah... Omnibus...

Abbey Marie
02-14-2016, 11:17 AM

I have this feeling that Jeb is coming on strong now.

Kathianne
02-14-2016, 01:42 PM
The following is a very interesting post, from someone that had been supporting Trump-though self-admittingly not for the best of reasons, but more out of anger at the electorate. Last night he heard something that changed that, (not about the electorate, but about his support of Trump.) It includes some thoughts on 'conservatives' and why it matters-yes, Obama support in previous elections enters in, thus my choice to post in this thread.

http://ace.mu.nu/archives/361507.php