PDA

View Full Version : A new debate topic, that has barely been touched until now

Little-Acorn
02-13-2016, 07:59 PM
The death of Antonin Scalia opens up a new and immediate debate topic, that has remained almost untouched so far.

* "Would you vote for a U.S. Senator who would approve a "moderate" SC Justice, thus paving the way for more approvals of Obamacare, Eminent Domain permission, gun control, and "non-treaties" like the Iran Nuclear Agreement?"

* "Would you vote for a President who would appoint an SC Justice who would continue to approve Obamacare, gun control, and warrantless wiretapping?"

Elessar
02-13-2016, 08:26 PM
Negative to all 3 above.

Liberalism and its mindset have undercut this Nation too long.

We presently have a pResident who legislates from the Executive Branch and is Unconstitutional.
We presently have a Supreme Court where hard-line Liberals blockade any attempt to salvage
any sense of "Majority Rules".
Put another Liberal in the SC, and see us destroyed.

Perianne
02-13-2016, 08:33 PM
Negative to all 3 above.

Liberalism and its mindset have undercut this Nation too long.

We presently have a pResident who legislates from the Executive Branch and is Unconstitutional.
We presently have a Supreme Court where hard-line Liberals blockade any attempt to salvage
any sense of "Majority Rules".
Put another Liberal in the SC, and see us destroyed.

Thus, the tragedy of today's death of Scalia.

I was disheartened today when I came to work and no one, not one person other than me, even knew who Scalia was. Someone asked me if "she" was an actress. This folks, is America.

indago
02-13-2016, 09:25 PM

I was disheartened today when I came to work and no one, not one person other than me, even knew who Scalia was. Someone asked me if "she" was an actress. This folks, is America.

Tell them to sign up here and learn something...

Perianne
02-16-2016, 11:44 AM

32% (http://www.gallup.com/opinion/polling-matters/189251/long-serving-scalia-controversial-widely-unknown.aspx) of Americans have never heard of Scalia.

revelarts
02-16-2016, 11:57 AM
32% (http://www.gallup.com/opinion/polling-matters/189251/long-serving-scalia-controversial-widely-unknown.aspx) of Americans have never heard of Scalia.

i think it might be more than that.

Abbey Marie
02-16-2016, 12:07 PM
If he had done a reality show and dressed like a woman, or even just had a huge butt, everyone would have known who he was.

Little-Acorn
02-16-2016, 05:14 PM
If he had done a reality show and dressed like a woman, or even just had a huge butt, everyone would have known who he was.

Actually it points up that most Americans have a more-or-less proper relationship with their government (except they are lacking vigilance for govt wrongdoing).

Government should be a group that has little to do with our everyday lives. We put them in place to get certain things done that no other groups can do (National defense, civil litigation, criminal prosecution, foreign relations, coining money, etc.). And once in place, they should take care of those things so that we can get along with our lives.

Unfortunately, the people's lack of vigilance has allowed government to run wild and start doing a lot more than it was ever authorized to do. And that's where most of our domestic troubles come from.

The Framers knew that in most parts of their lives, Americans didn't need much governing. The stuff I mentioned above plus a few more (see Article 1 Section 8 for a handy list) is what govt should be doing. "The states and the people" should take care of the rest.

But we now have some big-govt liberals who think the Fed govt should provide health insurance, retirement funds, police working conditions, govern our neighborhood zoning, and regulating everything from our light bulbs to the size of our toilets. Since most of those things are unconstitutional, the big-govt pushers are perfectly happy that not many people are paying attention.

Abbey Marie
02-16-2016, 06:40 PM
So we shouldn't even know who these folks are? That's a weird angle on limited gov't.

gabosaurus
02-16-2016, 08:27 PM
Not many people know the nine individuals who make up the Supreme Court.

The Constitution clearly states that the President has the sole power to nominate a replacement. Nothing says he has to wait until his term of office ends. Obama can nominate who he wants. The Senate would be derelict in their duties to refuse to consider the nomination.
That being said, the new justice should be a moderate liberal. Bear in mind that the next president will likely get to nominate a pair of SCOTUS justices.
I am looking forward to a Court that has six moderate or liberal justices. Our country can finally get moving again.

Elessar
02-16-2016, 08:58 PM
i think it might be more than that.

They need to read the news, and not some limited Internet 'Blog's'.

No wonder this place is falling apart.

Elessar
02-16-2016, 09:01 PM
Government should be a group that has little to do with our everyday lives. We put them in place to get certain things done that no other groups can do (National defense, civil litigation, criminal prosecution, foreign relations, coining money, etc.). And once in place, they should take care of those things so that we can get along with our lives.

Liberals do not view it that way.

To them, Government should be nurse-maids, sheep-herders, lead the bull or Ox by a ring in its nose.

Elessar
02-16-2016, 09:07 PM
Not many people know the nine individuals who make up the Supreme Court.

The Constitution clearly states that the President has the sole power to nominate a replacement. Nothing says he has to wait until his term of office ends. Obama can nominate who he wants. The Senate would be derelict in their duties to refuse to consider the nomination.
That being said, the new justice should be a moderate liberal. Bear in mind that the next president will likely get to nominate a pair of SCOTUS justices.
I am looking forward to a Court that has six moderate or liberal justices. Our country can finally get moving again.

1. You underestimate people that do not see your wearing of horse blinders, refusing what is actual and reality.
2. The Senate is the FINAL authority, not the sitting President - or pResident in this case.
3. Moving backward more...make more of a laughing stock globally?

Ohh.."Welcome Back, Gabby!"