PDA

View Full Version : My son's girlfriend

jimnyc
02-14-2016, 08:24 AM
They're both in 10th grade. She visited last night for Valentines day so Jordan could take her out to dinner, since she lives in Connecticut. Well, somehow Scalia came up and she said "Oh, you guys are a republican house?" - followed by how much she would love to see GWB gone, and if she could she would go back in time and do the same to Reagan.

When I started to set her straight my wife kicked me. Apparently I can't be mean to the kids girlfriend. :) I'm afraid she may teach liberal crap to my boy though. :laugh: :beer:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-14-2016, 10:42 AM
They're both in 10th grade. She visited last night for Valentines day so Jordan could take her out to dinner, since she lives in Connecticut. Well, somehow Scalia came up and she said "Oh, you guys are a republican house?" - followed by how much she would love to see GWB gone, and if she could she would go back in time and do the same to Reagan.

When I started to set her straight my wife kicked me. Apparently I can't be mean to the kids girlfriend. :) I'm afraid she may teach liberal crap to my boy though. :laugh: :beer:
YOUR SON, SO ITS YOUR ROLE TO GUIDE/COUNSEL HIM AT HIS CURRENT AGE.
If it were my son at that age, with that kind of ffed up liberal gal, I'd tell him in no uncertain terms to drop her-- the ocean is wide and deep and millions of other fish to choose from.

You may consider that as an unrequested friendly hint.. :beer: -Tyr

jimnyc
02-14-2016, 10:50 AM
YOUR SON, SO ITS YOUR ROLE TO GUIDE/COUNSEL HIM AT HIS CURRENT AGE.
If it were my son at that age, with that kind of ffed up liberal gal, I'd tell him in no uncertain terms to drop her-- the ocean is wide and deep and millions of other fish to choose from.

You may consider that as an unrequested friendly hint.. :beer: -Tyr

Kids and love, kids and love. She could be the next satan and anything I say wouldn't matter. But in reality she's a good kid. At that age they learn most of that stuff at home. I still have the dinner table. :) Jordan was never the type to even be influenced by others, even by his parents at times!! But he enjoys getting involved in our political discussions. He's definitely NOT a fan of Obama. He seems to stand for conservative stuff. He loves guns and has went shooting many times, and has been taught about the COTUS and the 2nd.

NightTrain
02-14-2016, 10:52 AM
I wouldn't let that slide. Not in my house by a sophomore!

"Time to get you learned up, girlie!" :laugh:

Kathianne
02-14-2016, 10:53 AM
I agree with Jim. Dating and friendships from high school through 20's really are when 'kids' bring what they've learned 'at home' and other sources and test with others.

There's a lot to be said about heart and 20's; mind and older.

jimnyc
02-14-2016, 11:02 AM
I wouldn't let that slide. Not in my house by a sophomore!

"Time to get you learned up, girlie!" :laugh:

I was headed in that direction when I got kicked. I think I got as far as "What the f..." when my shin felt a sudden pain. It was funny, she saw the huge statue my wife has on the fireplace recognizing the 2nd amendment, and a large framed picture above it of the constitution. She looked at it as if she's never seen it before. :) Her Mom is from Australia and Dad is American, don't know anything about him, but I can instantly tell he is VERY controlling. I don't know which one she gets it from, if at all.

I agree with Jim. Dating and friendships from high school through 20's really are when 'kids' bring what they've learned 'at home' and other sources and test with others.

There's a lot to be said about heart and 20's; mind and older.

Hell, when I was 14-21, I would have made believe I was Mickey Mouse if it gave me a chance with one of the ladies. :laugh:

Abbey Marie
02-14-2016, 11:06 AM

Was her name by any chance, Danielle? ;)

jimnyc
02-14-2016, 11:09 AM

Nope! LOL It's "Claire", which I believe is a popular Australian name, no?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-14-2016, 11:26 AM
Nope! LOL It's "Claire", which I believe is a popular Australian name, no?

My wife's name is Clarisa, she goes by "Riza" as its her nickname since early childhood there in Cebu, Philippines.
Strange, but I always call her Riza myself. Especially when I am irritated at her for something, as it just seems to lend itself to
easy use when yelling at her from another room! ;)

Truth is, I once told my daughter to drop a boyfriend. I met the kid, knew right off he was very, bad news.
Had him checked out and sure enough, he sold drugs on the sly.
I told her to drop him (I explained about his dope selling, she had no clue) or else I WOULD GROUND HER until she was 18!!
She was 16 at the time (he almost 18) and she gave me no lip about it.
He called our home that night after she told me she had told him to get lost.
I answered the phone, he asked to speak to her. I then asked had she told him to get lost that day at school, he replied yes.
I then said, ok she told you, now you little piece of drug dealing shit I'm telling. You'd best understand that I dont play, as I'll "break you like a damn twig", should you ever bother her again-- you got that!?
To this day, he has never spoke another word to her.
At least he knew that when a man (angry father) told him to shut up and get lost it would be a very wise thing to obey.. -Tyr

NightTrain
02-14-2016, 11:35 AM

...and was she a 35 year old dingbat dressed up like a 16 year old? :thumb:

gabosaurus
02-14-2016, 11:58 AM
...and was she a 35 year old dingbat dressed up like a 16 year old? :thumb:

Dude, please. You can insult me all you want, but lay off my kid. She did the best she would when confronted by a bunch of combative elderly asswipes like you. :lame2:

Jim, welcome to life. Now you know what my husband's family felt like when he met me. Nice, upstanding, naive conservative boy from a solid Republican and Baptist family. In 12th grade, he meets the liberal 10th grader from hell.
Poor boy was never the same again.
His family eventually accepted me. Sort of. :laugh:

NightTrain
02-14-2016, 12:12 PM
Dude, please. You can insult me all you want, but lay off my kid. She did the best she would when confronted by a bunch of combative elderly asswipes like you. :lame2:

I thought it was clear, but let me dumb it down for you : I think you were posing as your daughter. I'm positive, in fact.

Black Diamond
02-14-2016, 12:13 PM
I thought it was clear, but let me dumb it down for you : I think you were posing as your daughter. I'm positive, in fact.

Either that or she cloned herself.

Bilgerat
02-14-2016, 12:54 PM

Jim, remember he's your son. He'll grow up with the care value YOU and him Mom installed.

If you aren’t a liberal when you’re young, you have no heart, but if you aren’t a middle-aged conservative, you have no head.

aboutime
02-14-2016, 01:28 PM

N.T. How funny is that? Gabby waited about a week before stepping into her OLD SELF, and coming here to defend her PRETEND...other self? Looks like the queen of Asswipes couldn't figure a way to hide her own identity long enough for all of us to forget she's the PHONY.

DLT
02-14-2016, 05:25 PM

She's been indoctrinated probably her whole life. And yes, she will fundamentally transform your son into one of em unless you set your son straight about how things really are. And even then....the power of the "p" (or the hope for it) will probably win out over your sage advice and counsel...lol.

jimnyc
02-14-2016, 05:27 PM
She's been indoctrinated probably her whole life. And yes, she will fundamentally transform your son into one of em unless you set your son straight about how things really are. And even then....the power of the "p" (or the hope for it) will probably win out over your sage advice and counsel...lol.

Yup, that's the truth of the matter. The best I can do is like everything else in life, keep teaching him all the good things, teach him about the mistakes I made. But some guys will let someone else cut their finger off to be with a gal.

DLT
02-14-2016, 05:32 PM
Yup, that's the truth of the matter. The best I can do is like everything else in life, keep teaching him all the good things, teach him about the mistakes I made. But some guys will let someone else cut their finger off to be with a gal.

I'm afraid so. All you can do is gently instruct him on how things really are and inform him of all the ways the left has already removed freedoms from our citizens and are still 'at it'. In fact, they will now double down on their previous efforts.

Remind him that his decisions in the coming years as a young adult will have an impact on how his children and grandchildren may have to live under a totalitarian/communist regime. Point to communist China, Cuba and various other commie nations where the people are subjugated and live in liberal/literal poverty while the commie elitists live in the lap of luxury....since they alone control all of the wealth. He won't get that kind of instruction in school, so you have to give it and pray that he keeps an open mind to what you are telling him.

Good luck.

My stepson is a flaming liberal and no amount of logical reasoning has ever made a bit of difference. But at least I tried.

gabosaurus
02-14-2016, 06:45 PM
But some guys will let someone else cut their finger off to be with a gal.

If you (and other guys) remember what it was like in high school, sometimes you got it bad. Girls have the power and we know how to use it. We got what you want. If you want what we got, there is usually a price to pay. :dev3:

I don't understand why anyone would confuse me with my daughter. She's 14 years old! At the same time, she is quite intelligent and perceptive. She has learned a lot of things from friends and other classmates that I have never discussed with her. And I am quite sure she has read a lot of my DP posts about politics, since my husband and I make have made a point not to try influencing her beliefs (being on opposite sides of the political spectrum).
With the 2016 election filling the news, obviously Danielle wanted to know more about it. I warned that DP was too adult for her and that she wouldn't be well received. Of course she had to find out for herself. There will always be idiots who are not afraid to punish kids for the sins of their elders.

I know most of you have made a point of indoctrinating your kids into your own political beliefs and lifestyles. It's why children from military families continue that cycle (whether they want to or not) and why they tend to parrot their parents' political and religious indoctrination. They often don't have a choice.

I see kids who have been browbeat into submission all the time. Pretty sad when you can't live your own childhood. My parents allowed me to chart my own course in life and I am determined to do the same. I refuse to damage my child like so many of you have obviously done to yours.

jimnyc
02-14-2016, 06:57 PM
If you (and other guys) remember what it was like in high school, sometimes you got it bad. Girls have the power and we know how to use it. We got what you want. If you want what we got, there is usually a price to pay. :dev3:

Oh, I do, I remember very well. And if I recall correctly, women can do some crazy things when young and in love too!!

I was kind of surprised that the kid got dressed up and made reservations at a classy Italian restaurant. Sometimes he seems like he's actually a young adult coming into his own. Other times, I find him at 3am in his pajamas playing games with his friends online, and am reminded of his age!

gabosaurus
02-14-2016, 07:39 PM
Oh, I do, I remember very well. And if I recall correctly, women can do some crazy things when young and in love too!!

I was kind of surprised that the kid got dressed up and made reservations at a classy Italian restaurant. Sometimes he seems like he's actually a young adult coming into his own. Other times, I find him at 3am in his pajamas playing games with his friends online, and am reminded of his age!

Congratulations! Now you know how I felt last fall. A guy my daughter knew from school asked her out to a nice restaurant. I looked at her wearing a fancy dress and makeup and thought "Is this really my child?"
I attend music recitals and academic competitions and wonder if Danielle is growing up too quick. Then I get a phone call from a mom who hosted a slumber party and came across a bunch of teenage girls covered with whipped cream. So who smuggled the messy stuff in the house? You guessed it. :uhoh:
My daughter is an honor student and a talented musician. She also has no filter and constantly gets into trouble for it. In addition to flirting recklessly with 14-year-old boys who often take things the wrong way.

Relax Jim. Allowing your son to encounter kids with different beliefs and values allows him to form his beliefs and opinions. I am guessing that my husband's parents were just as horrified as you are when I came along. They handled it fairly well. Aside from confrontations with my parents. Couples with proper conservative backgrounds often have problems interacting with freewheeling 60's era hippies.

I am guessing your son and his new girlfriend will get along well. Until she convinces him to stop in a secluded location so they can "get to know each other better."
Not that I was ever guilty of such shenanigans. :bunny4:

NightTrain
02-14-2016, 08:50 PM
I don't understand why anyone would confuse me with my daughter. She's 14 years old!

:blah:

Whatever you say. I'm just wondering how nutty you have to be to pull that stunt and what could possibly be the upside?

Save your weaksauce for someone else who hasn't watched your inane babbling & lies for the last decade. You typed that silly crap. End of story.

gabosaurus
02-14-2016, 10:53 PM
Don't forget that I (and other members of DP) have had to put up with your frostbitten excuse for a feeble mind since you came here.
My child is intelligent, free thinking and is trying to develop character and personality. As opposed to sitting in the bunker polishing my weapons of choice while endlessly regurgitating daddy's insipid dead end survivalist mantra.
I am fortunate that my parents allowed me to grow and prosper in an atmosphere that allowed me to find success and happiness. As opposed to trapping me in a permafrost wasteland with chance to make up my own mind.
It's sad that you put up Sarah Palin as a model politician and citizen. Especially with the sad travesty that she and her useless husband made of their family. I hope you managed to do better. But it is Alaska.

NightTrain
02-15-2016, 08:53 AM
Don't forget that I (and other members of DP) have had to put up with your frostbitten excuse for a feeble mind since you came here.
My child is intelligent, free thinking and is trying to develop character and personality. As opposed to sitting in the bunker polishing my weapons of choice while endlessly regurgitating daddy's insipid dead end survivalist mantra.
I am fortunate that my parents allowed me to grow and prosper in an atmosphere that allowed me to find success and happiness. As opposed to trapping me in a permafrost wasteland with chance to make up my own mind.
It's sad that you put up Sarah Palin as a model politician and citizen. Especially with the sad travesty that she and her useless husband made of their family. I hope you managed to do better. But it is Alaska.

Since I got here? I was here before you were, toots. I think this board was 2 weeks old when I got back from a road trip and jumped here. And before that, a founding member of USMB. Playing the longevity game won't get you anywhere, especially since you're not bright enough to notice 'Join Date' that is displayed on every single post on this board.

Your 'child' was a sock puppet that you quickly abandoned when AT publicly noted that your puppet account was you. The puppet attacked the same members that you do, using the same phrasing and ignorant mocking assumptions that are the unique trademark of your posting style. I think if I put up a poll, 100% of the Not-Gabby members who read those threads will say it was you.

If "frostbitten mind" and Sarah Palin are all you can come up with as you struggle to insult me, you haven't been paying attention or aren't bright enough to grasp my shortcomings. Every time you've attempted to go up against my Frostbitten Mind, you've lost miserably.

With that in mind, you might consider moving from California to a more northern latitude to gain the intellectual benefit of frostbite. Be warned, though - there's a reason CA is called the Land of Fruits and Nuts and it's a different world out there in the 49 other States.

As far as my children go, step lightly. My kids aren't a member of this board, puppet account or not, and with such status makes them off limits.

Include my kids again in one of your lunatic rants and you'll feel my digital boot in your sorry ass.

gabosaurus
02-15-2016, 10:53 AM
I never "attack" or even recognize aboutime for the same reason I would never mock residents at a retirement home. Once you lose it, it's gone and there is nothing you can do about it.

If you want to think it was a "sock puppet" account, fine. But it is still not a good thing to attack kids. My daughter came here in good faith. Not to be thrown to the wolves.

I don't give a crap if you are a staff person or not. You shouldn't be making judgements about others. Keep your digital boot up your frozen butt where it belongs.

tailfins
02-15-2016, 05:32 PM

Jim, you are one of the few people here I like, so let me give you my best advice. Irrespective if the girl wears clothes with hammers and sickles all over them, don't do anything that would interfere with your son having a good time; just make sure he stays out of trouble. A guy should care what a girl's ideology is for a serious relationship. If she's just a good time; it doesn't matter.

I once paid a visit to the university where I took a few graduate courses and met this really cute girl who spoke Portuguese with those indigenous features I like (I gave up on Anglo women almost 30 years ago). It turned out that she was a very active member of the Brazilian Communist Party. It was the end of the semester and she making her travel arrangements to go back to Brazil for the Summer. I asked if she wanted a ride from Missouri to Miami. She accepted: I had an incredibly good time: 1,200 miles of sheer joy.

aboutime
02-15-2016, 08:06 PM
I never "attack" or even recognize aboutime for the same reason I would never mock residents at a retirement home. Once you lose it, it's gone and there is nothing you can do about it.

If you want to think it was a "sock puppet" account, fine. But it is still not a good thing to attack kids. My daughter came here in good faith. Not to be thrown to the wolves.

I don't give a crap if you are a staff person or not. You shouldn't be making judgements about others. Keep your digital boot up your frozen butt where it belongs.

Thank you gabby. Good to see how thin-skinned you really are when exposed as being the fraud most of us know you to be. You simply couldn't resist attacking again, which is more evidence of what you have been in denial about since pretending to be your daughter. Thank you so much.

tailfins
02-15-2016, 09:36 PM

This is really directed to everybody, not just you. Consider why you are here. Then consider if your time would be better spend doing something like washing your car. At least you would have a clean car when you're done. I really have two objectives now days: 1. Get an idea what might drive a wedge between Trump and his supporters. 2. Find out how Jim's son is overcoming what obstacles come his way.

I'm thrilled that Jim's son has found *A* girl. I just want to remind him it doesn't have to be *THE* girl. I hope he doesn't throw any cold water on his son's parade.

Abbey Marie
02-15-2016, 09:48 PM
Jim, you are one of the few people here I like, so let me give you my best advice. Irrespective if the girl wears clothes with hammers and sickles all over them, don't do anything that would interfere with your son having a good time; just make sure he stays out of trouble. A guy should care what a girl's ideology is for a serious relationship. If she's just a good time; it doesn't matter.

I once paid a visit to the university where I took a few graduate courses and met this really cute girl who spoke Portuguese with those indigenous features I like (I gave up on Anglo women almost 30 years ago). It turned out that she was a very active member of the Brazilian Communist Party. It was the end of the semester and she making her travel arrangements to go back to Brazil for the Summer. I asked if she wanted a ride from Missouri to Miami. She accepted: I had an incredibly good time: 1,200 miles of sheer joy.

So, use the girl for a "good time"? Nice.

tailfins
02-15-2016, 10:29 PM

You would be surprised how many are OK with that. If you think that's a new thing, carefully consider the lyrics of this 1965 song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qhovT-x6S8

GALE GARNETT"We'll Sing In The Sunshine"

(Gale Garnett)

We'll sing in the sunshine
We'll laugh every da-a-y
Then I'll be on my way

I will never love you
The cost of love's too dear
But though I'll never love you
I'll stay with you one year

And we can sing in the sunshine
We'll laugh every da-a-y
Then I'll be on my way

I'll sing to you each mornin'
I'll kiss you every night
But darlin', don't cling to me
I'll soon be out of sight

But we can sing in the sunshine
We'll laugh every da-a-y
Then I'll be on my way

My daddy he once told me
"Hey, don't you love you any man"
"Just take what they may give you"
"And give but what you can"

"And you can sing in the sunshine"
"You'll laugh every da-a-y"
"You'll sing in the sunshine"
"Then be on your way"

And when our year has ended
And I have gone away
You'll often speak about me
And this is what you'll say

"We sang in the sunshine
"You know, we laughed every da-a-y"
"We sang in the sunshine"

"Then she went away"

Abbey Marie
02-15-2016, 10:32 PM
You would be surprised how many are OK with that. If you think that's a new thing, carefully consider the lyrics of this 1965 song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qhovT-x6S8

Anecdotal, really. I aspire to much better. And as a Christian, so should you. The girl in question is a teen.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-15-2016, 10:33 PM

EXACTLY! In Tailfins world thats perfectly ok. Hell , spit on her when done, I am sure TF THINKS THAT SWEET TOO.
AND THIS FOLKS, IS WHY HE WAS SUCH A BIG SUPPORTER OF THE MUSLIM JAFAR.
Also why he works for muzzys and defends them. Muzzies treat their women like that and find a big fan in him .
Dude damn sure is not wrapped too tight IMHO. -TYR

tailfins
02-15-2016, 10:53 PM
Anecdotal, really. I aspire to much better. And as a Christian, so should you. The girl in question is a teen.

That's why you teach young men that rule number one is to stay out of trouble.

Abbey Marie
02-15-2016, 11:02 PM
That's why you teach young men that rule number one is to stay out of trouble.

Then what did you mean by he should "have a good time" with the young girl?

tailfins
02-15-2016, 11:15 PM
Then what did you mean by he should "have a good time" with the young girl?

Keep an eye on the law. Have the boy exchange notes/ love letters to document any consent. CYA as much as possible. If she has liberal parents and he is invited to spend the night, get an email from those parents as documentation .

Abbey Marie
02-15-2016, 11:32 PM
Keep an eye on the law. Have the boy exchange notes/ love letters to document any consent. CYA as much as possible. If she has liberal parents and he is invited to spend the night, get an email from those parents as documentation .

Ok, but what about my question? What did you mean?

tailfins
02-15-2016, 11:46 PM
Ok, but what about my question? What did you mean?

Don't give the boy any ideas, but don't have him feel like he's missing out on anything either. With my oldest, I got a break.

All he wanted was photographs with a cute date at the school dance. It was like a bucket list item. He said he didn't have anything in common with her and never went out with her again. She wanted to stay later. He was already bored with her. I called the girl's parents and they were OK with picking her up later.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-16-2016, 12:24 AM
Don't give the boy any ideas, but don't have him feel like he's missing out on anything either. With my oldest, I got a break.

All he wanted was photographs with a cute date at the school dance. It was like a bucket list item. He said he didn't have anything in common with her and never went out with her again. She wanted to stay later. He was already bored with her. I called the girl's parents and they were OK with picking her up later.

Are you saying that he just used her for a photo-op?
If so, then methinks he is a very astute young man and has learned from you.
Now its up to you to figure out if thats good or bad..--Tyr

Jeff
02-16-2016, 09:03 AM

He needs to hump her and dump her, most Liberals like this treatment, they call it woman's lib or something like that. :laugh:

PixieStix
02-17-2016, 07:11 AM

Tell your Son that if she is a liberal, that is a total deal breaker :salute::2up: