PDA

View Full Version : Iraqi prime minister says U.S. troops can go 'anytime they want'

nevadamedic
07-14-2007, 06:59 PM
Story Highlights

Nouri al-Maliki: Iraqi forces are capable, nation has made progress
Top aide: U.S. violates human rights, treats his country like "experiment"
2 U.S. soldiers killed Saturday in bombings in Baghdad area
Alleged high-level al Qaeda in Iraq cell leader nabbed at Baghdad airport

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/07/14/iraq.military.ap/index.html

Either this guy is in bed with the terrorists or is one of the dumbest idiots on the face of the Earth. If we pull out he will probably be assisanated and terrorists will take over the Government, or he is another Saddam in the making.

Gaffer
07-14-2007, 08:01 PM
I think he's a sadr puppet. All we have to do is pull back from one area and he would see what happens. He just wants us out before we start seriously cracking down on sadr and mahdi army. Right now we are concentrating on al queda.

nevadamedic
07-14-2007, 08:06 PM
I think he's a sadr puppet. All we have to do is pull back from one area and he would see what happens. He just wants us out before we start seriously cracking down on sadr and mahdi army. Right now we are concentrating on al queda.

I honestly think he want's to become another Saddam.

LiberalNation
07-14-2007, 08:34 PM
Either way, how do ya expect to win, when even the Iraqi government not to mention most of the people don't support us being there. Just a waste of time and US lives. You can't defeat an idea with military force or at least not the kind we're using in Iraq.

nevadamedic
07-14-2007, 09:09 PM
Either way, how do ya expect to win, when even the Iraqi government not to mention most of the people don't support us being there. Just a waste of time and US lives. You can't defeat an idea with military force or at least not the kind we're using in Iraq.

Actually if we took out Iran and the AQ base in Pakastan then the resistance would crumble at the seams.

nevadamedic
07-14-2007, 09:10 PM

I saw we just bomb the AQ bases that we know about, screw diplomacy at this point. They are getting ready to attack us, it's obvious.

LiberalNation
07-14-2007, 09:43 PM
Not really, Iraq has plenty of weapons lying around that they don't really need to import and it wouldn't stop the secterian fighting at all.

nevadamedic
07-14-2007, 09:50 PM
Not really, Iraq has plenty of weapons lying around that they don't really need to import and it wouldn't stop the secterian fighting at all.

Iran is supplying the weapons to AQ fighting us in Iraq. Also Iran is harboring AQ leaders.

LiberalNation
07-14-2007, 09:54 PM
So, AG aren't the only ones killing in Iraq. In fact I'd wager they are a very small portion of the fighters.

nevadamedic
07-14-2007, 09:55 PM
So, AG aren't the only ones killing in Iraq. In fact I'd wager they are a very small portion of the fighters.

Actually they are a large portion of the fighters.

Kathianne
07-14-2007, 09:56 PM

They may or may not all be AQI, but it's been syrians, iranians, Saudis for the most part...

nevadamedic
07-14-2007, 09:58 PM
They may or may not all be AQI, but it's been syrians, iranians, Saudis for the most part...

The AP even did a story recently about how some of the other groups that were fighting us are teaming up with us take out the AQ people in Iraq.

LiberalNation
07-14-2007, 10:15 PM
True and they are supporting their own friendly Iraqis. Iran and Syria the shia and suadi the sunnies.

LiberalNation
07-14-2007, 10:16 PM
The AP even did a story recently about how some of the other groups that were fighting us are teaming up with us take out the AQ people in Iraq.
Yes and when they're done with that they'll go right back to killing their other enemies us. The enemies of our enemies are not always our friends.

Gaffer
07-14-2007, 10:18 PM
Our main concern right now is AQI. They are the main problem there and the iraqi's are joining us in hunting them down. Anwar has become a model province in the past month.

I agree, taking down iran would see major changes for the better in the entire region. All roads lead to tehran. While AQ and iran have different ideologies they have the same goal. And they will use each other to the max.

nevadamedic
07-14-2007, 10:18 PM
Yes and when they're done with that they'll go right back to killing their other enemies us. The enemies of our enemies are not always our friends.

Maybe, Maybe not. We liberated them.

LiberalNation
07-14-2007, 10:33 PM
You expect that to matter. They didn't ask us too and the groups fighting have a chance at putting their guy on top if they can get us to leave.

nevadamedic
07-14-2007, 11:06 PM
You expect that to matter. They didn't ask us too and the groups fighting have a chance at putting their guy on top if they can get us to leave.

The hell they didn't. :link: I have friend's who are over there and they get thanked every day by people over there. Saddam was doing the same thing to the Kurds that Hitler was doing to the Jews and Polish people.

nevadamedic
07-14-2007, 11:09 PM

You don't realize, if the wrong guy makes it to the top, Iraq will become nothing but a big den of terror.

LiberalNation
07-14-2007, 11:12 PM
True but we have little choice int he matter now. Things wont be fixed and the longer we wait to pull out the more of our people will die in vein for something we aren't going to make work.

nevadamedic
07-14-2007, 11:20 PM
True but we have little choice int he matter now. Things wont be fixed and the longer we wait to pull out the more of our people will die in vein for something we aren't going to make work.

What you dont realize is that it can work and it is working.

LiberalNation
07-14-2007, 11:21 PM
It can't work because will be leaving shortly. Right after 08, it wont work in that time frame so it doesn't matter.

nevadamedic
07-14-2007, 11:31 PM
It can't work because will be leaving shortly. Right after 08, it wont work in that time frame so it doesn't matter.

That pull out is not set in stone yet, you never know what can happen.

LiberalNation
07-14-2007, 11:32 PM
It would take a miracle to keep it from happening and one hasn't happened yet in regards to this occupation.

nevadamedic
07-15-2007, 12:48 AM
It would take a miracle to keep it from happening and one hasn't happened yet in regards to this occupation.

No it won't, just wait and see.