PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Drudge poll

jimnyc
02-14-2016, 05:19 PM
I know it will be said that, well, this is Drudge, it's to be expected. Well sure, Drudge leans hard to the right. I wouldn't care much for a poll from DU or MSNBC. Most polls are somewhere around 1,000 people. This poll is about 570,000 folks. Even with let's say a 10% chance of error, which would be completely unheard of. Does this mean much? What it means is that Trump has a ton of core support, and debate issues aren't going to be what gets rid of him. Look at the mumbo jumbo all beneath him. That needs to be narrowed to just one or 2 candidates. Drudge is far right supporters, but still folks who will be at the polls.

---

*DRUDGE POLL** WHO WON THE 9TH REPUBLICAN DEBATE '16?

<label class="pds-feedback-label"> TRUMP 53.78% (306,472 votes) </label>

<label class="pds-feedback-label"> CRUZ 21.48% (122,384 votes) </label>

<label class="pds-feedback-label"> RUBIO 13.35% (76,101 votes) </label>

<label class="pds-feedback-label"> KASICH 5.51% (31,375 votes) </label>

<label class="pds-feedback-label"> BUSH 3.26% (18,549 votes) </label>

<label class="pds-feedback-label"> CARSON 2.62% (14,970 votes) </label>

Total Votes: 569,851

---

Abbey Marie
02-14-2016, 06:09 PM
Wow. Not only did Trump have an extremely poor showing in that debate, Cruz seemed to be sleep-walking through most of it. And Bush (3.2%) had a rather good night. That's a bizarro-world poll.

Black Diamond
02-14-2016, 06:25 PM
I saw a time magazine poll that said 65% said trump won.

Black Diamond
02-14-2016, 06:28 PM
I guess whoever yells the loudest and insults the most wins.

Jeb's comment about trump insulting his way to the nomination may end up being propehetic.

jimnyc
02-14-2016, 06:44 PM
Wow. Not only did Trump have an extremely poor showing in that debate, Cruz seemed to be sleep-walking through most of it. And Bush (3.2%) had a rather good night. That's a bizarro world poll.

I saw a time magazine poll that said 65% said trump won.

I think it's what I've been saying. I don't think a lot of the Trump numbers are going to change, not unless there is a consensus on one other candidate to go against him. I think we'll get even a better picture this week as polls come out for SC and see if anything there got affected because of the debate. I don't think we see a huge difference until the crowd is drawn down even further or if Trump makes a fatal mistake.

NightTrain
02-14-2016, 08:58 PM
I'm pretty surprised at those numbers... tomorrow they should have a few new polls out.

Kathianne
02-14-2016, 09:45 PM
Drudge is an internet site poll, meaning that someone goes there and cast their vote. Ron Paul supporters were great at that, phone in polls too!

I'll wait for the polls mid-week, better yet when SC votes the 20th.

Black Diamond
02-14-2016, 09:46 PM
I'm pretty surprised at those numbers... tomorrow they should have a few new polls out.

Name recognition, my friend.....

jimnyc
02-14-2016, 09:54 PM
Drudge is an internet site poll, meaning that someone goes there and cast their vote. Ron Paul supporters were great at that, phone in polls too!

I'll wait for the polls mid-week, better yet when SC votes the 20th.

But of course, I assumed everyone knew that Drudge was an internet site. And Paul didn't have nearly the amount of numbers and not nearly as long as Trump has. But more importantly, he wasn't the clear leader via votes and national polls. I guess my point was, the core supporters were not changed. In Paul's instances back then, I don't think he garnered much in the voting department, but maybe 10% in a state or 2.

Kathianne
02-14-2016, 09:55 PM
But of course, I assumed everyone knew that Drudge was an internet site. And Paul didn't have nearly the amount of numbers and not nearly as long as Trump has. But more importantly, he wasn't the clear leader via votes and national polls. I guess my point was, the core supporters were not changed. In Paul's instances back then, I don't think he garnered much in the voting department, but maybe 10% in a state or 2.
THAT makes sense, thank you!