PDA

View Full Version : Scalia: A Tribute As A Person and Jurist

Kathianne
02-15-2016, 10:50 AM
His behavior towards thought and others should be a model.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/feb/14/antonin-scalia-supreme-court-arguments-opponents-friendships

WiccanLiberal
02-15-2016, 08:38 PM
I am sad for the loss to his family and friends for whom it was apparently unexpected. I respect the man for his years of service to the law. I will not be hypocritical and praise him after his death for decisions with which I disagreed. RIP.

Perianne
02-15-2016, 08:43 PM
I am sad for the loss to his family and friends for whom it was apparently unexpected. I respect the man for his years of service to the law. I will not be hypocritical and praise him after his death for decisions with which I disagreed. RIP.

There are some leaders who can legitimately be thought of as gods, small "g". Reagan was one. Scalia was another.

Anyway, thank you for not disrespecting him. I have been in a funk ever since he died. He was a legal god to me.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-15-2016, 08:44 PM

And I will think nothing of the authorities announcing today that no autopsy would be performed....
as everybody knows that after eating a meal there, then his suddenly complaining about being sick is of no consequence. ;)
I post this because I do respect him tremendously my friend.... ....--Tyr

WiccanLiberal
02-15-2016, 09:02 PM
I had not heard of the lack of an autopsy. Perhaps his personal physician was aware of a preexisting condition? Maybe more news will follow.

Perianne
02-15-2016, 09:04 PM
I had not heard of the lack of an autopsy. Perhaps his personal physician was aware of a preexisting condition? Maybe more news will follow.

I read he was found with a pillow over his face. Family did not want an autopsy.

WiccanLiberal
02-15-2016, 09:08 PM
Families frequently do not want autopsies performed, especially in cases where a loved one had prior serious diagnoses and they may feel no need of a confirmation. I have to say that some of the jurisdictions in this country have an odd view. In most other places, a local coroner would insist on an autopsy of any unattended death. Even more important in the case of a respected public figure.

Kathianne
02-15-2016, 09:55 PM

May well be the case. In general, traditional Catholics are not keen on autopsies. It's not against the religion, just some don't care for. Same with cremation, not forbidden at all, but some think it wrong.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-15-2016, 10:07 PM

That is certainly a possibility my friend. As is that he met with foul play.
Many states , any unattended death an autopsy is required.
My wife's filipina friend Jean's husband died a few years ago, I believe even though he had a long standing serious heart condition an autopsy was still performed. He took a short walk that day, came in laid on his bed for a nap and was found a few hours later dead.
It was known that his heart condition was bad enough that he could go at anytime.
Coroner still came, gathered his meds , talked to his wife and my wife and I because we rushed over there when she called crying after finding him.
County cop asked me several questions, I guess routine but sure seemed almost like-- "what are you doing here"? This looks suspicious, etc....

Kathianne
02-15-2016, 10:30 PM
That is certainly a possibility my friend. As is that he met with foul play.
Many states , any unattended death an autopsy is required.
My wife's filipina friend Jean's husband died a few years ago, I believe even though he had a long standing serious heart condition an autopsy was still performed. He took a short walk that day, came in laid on his bed for a nap and was found a few hours later dead.
It was known that his heart condition was bad enough that he could go at anytime.
Coroner still came, gathered his meds , talked to his wife and my wife and I because we rushed over there when she called crying after finding him.
County cop asked me several questions, I guess routine but sure seemed almost like-- "what are you doing here"? This looks suspicious, etc....

I just don't go 'conspiracy' without a great deal of information. Someone saying that there's going to be a series of assassinations because of liberals wanting to thwart the will of the people doesn't make it so. I know that if an autopsy isn't performed, many are going to go all WTC #7 on us:

http://www.redstate.com/leon_h_wolf/2016/02/15/okay-scalia-assassination-conspiracy-theories-getting-hand/

Kathianne
02-16-2016, 10:09 AM
Back to Scalia as a model, his friendship with Ginsburg, his 'best buddy' on the court was different, her tribute was moving. One can vehemently disagree with another, but good people are good people-there are too few:

http://www.people.com/article/antonin-scalia-tribute-ruth-bader-ginsburg

...The pair frequently dined and vacationed together, and they would ring in every New Year's together with their families. And yes, they challenged each other professionally as well – including, since 1993, as justices together on the nation's highest court.

"We disagreed now and then," Ginsburg wrote, "but when I wrote for the Court and received a Scalia dissent, the opinion ultimately released was notably better than my initial circulation. Justice Scalia nailed all the weak spots – the 'applesauce' and 'argle bargle' – and gave me just what I needed to strengthen the majority opinion."

She added: "He was a jurist of captivating brilliance and wit, with a rare talent to make even the most sober judge laugh. The press referred to his 'energetic fervor,' 'astringent intellect,' 'peppery prose,' 'acumen,' and 'affability,' all apt descriptions. He was eminently quotable, his pungent opinions so clearly stated that his words never slipped from the reader's grasp."

Scalia was just as fond of Ginsburg.

"Call us the odd couple," he said last year (http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-court-odd-couple-20150622-story.html) at a George Washington University event with her. "She likes opera, and she's a very nice person. What's not to like? Except her views on the law."

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-16-2016, 10:22 AM
I just don't go 'conspiracy' without a great deal of information. Someone saying that there's going to be a series of assassinations because of liberals wanting to thwart the will of the people doesn't make it so. I know that if an autopsy isn't performed, many are going to go all WTC #7 on us:

http://www.redstate.com/leon_h_wolf/2016/02/15/okay-scalia-assassination-conspiracy-theories-getting-hand/

They have already announced that no autopsy will be performed.
Now if its because well known he had some major and potentially fatal illness then fine.
However, why wouldnt his family reveal that fact if its true--thus ending speculations????

We the people, have every right to know that an independent and full investigation ruled out any foul play.
If no autopsy and no family revelation about some potentially fatal illness as noted before--it sure looks like smoke to me, but then again I know exactly what the obama is and who his puppet masters are.
Where there is smoke there is usually fire..
Myself, I think anybody thinking that such an act is not a possibility for the ("honorable" :puke3: )obama to order is either gullible, blind , brainwashed or in his camp.
And that judgment is written to the world at large--not directed at you! -Tyr

Kathianne
02-16-2016, 02:02 PM
They have already announced that no autopsy will be performed.
Now if its because well known he had some major and potentially fatal illness then fine.
However, why wouldnt his family reveal that fact if its true--thus ending speculations????

We the people, have every right to know that an independent and full investigation ruled out any foul play.
If no autopsy and no family revelation about some potentially fatal illness as noted before--it sure looks like smoke to me, but then again I know exactly what the obama is and who his puppet masters are.
Where there is smoke there is usually fire..
Myself, I think anybody thinking that such an act is not a possibility for the ("honorable" :puke3: )obama to order is either gullible, blind , brainwashed or in his camp.
And that judgment is written to the world at large--not directed at you! -Tyr

Like this?:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/justice-antonin-scalias-health-woes-publicly-disclosed-death/story?id=36975416

Unlike the White House, which regularly releases updates on the president's health, the Supreme Court does not have set guidelines regarding what they do and don't disclose publicly...

The Associated Press reported that Guevara said the doctor told her that Scalia had a history of high blood pressure, heart trouble and was considered too weak to undergo shoulder surgery following a recent injury.

Guevara told ABC News that the death certificate will say that he died of natural causes with myocardial infarction, better known as a heart attack, being a contributing factor.

pete311
02-16-2016, 02:47 PM
His behavior towards thought and others should be a model.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/feb/14/antonin-scalia-supreme-court-arguments-opponents-friendships

Yes a role model for all the racist homophobes. Guess he'd fit right in here.

NightTrain
02-16-2016, 02:54 PM
Yes a role model for all the racist homophobes. Guess he'd fit right in here.

If you ever wonder why you get savaged around here : Here's your sign.

There's no need to be an insulting prick all the time.

Kathianne
02-16-2016, 03:13 PM
If you ever wonder why you get savaged around here : Here's your sign.

There's no need to be an insulting prick all the time.

Following the text usually protects all:

https://reason.com/archives/2016/02/16/antonin-scalia-was-a-great-jurist-for-cr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-17-2016, 10:14 AM
Like this?:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/justice-antonin-scalias-health-woes-publicly-disclosed-death/story?id=36975416

Guevara told ABC News that the death certificate will say that he died of natural causes with myocardial infarction, better known as a heart attack, being a contributing factor.

^^^ That is what autopsy's may find, not just somebody deciding to say, well he had heart problems so lets just go with that.

I have a heart condition myself, I know tons and tons about such because I spent years educating myself on the subject..
People that are predisposed to want to believe that our government would never such a thing are easily convinced by clever official comments. Additionally all they had to do was convince his family that no autopsy was needed and its a done deal.

Feel free to believe as you like, I do not swallow government spill so easily myself..
As I learned long ago that when its just too damn coincidental and is a major benefit to some person or group, its suspect .
Personally, I think most members here have just NOT hung around with the bad crowd(I did for over a decade) and learned about lies, scams and what people in power will do.

Problem is --- It could well be that he died of natural causes(!) but that second red flag-no autopsy, added a whole new element to it IMHO.
Third red flag is , the state he died in requires that any dead body transported out of state must first be embalmed, thus destroying most if not all evidence of any foul play...

What a coincidence, a SCOTUS judge dies and it just happens to be before obama leaves office in 11 months and his main opponent on the Supreme Court!
And --one of the two-- that Gaffer and I predicted he would likely have murdered.

I hope that Trump wins and has that body exhumed! We citizens need the real and indisputable truth IMHO. --TYR

Kathianne
02-17-2016, 10:16 AM
There's no reason to believe that an autopsy would quell your concerns, it would just further the idea that the government via coroner was hiding the truth.

Thus I do feel the family's wishes should be followed.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-17-2016, 10:22 AM
There's no reason to believe that an autopsy would quell your concerns, it would just further the idea that the government via coroner was hiding the truth.

Thus I do feel the family's wishes should be followed.

There's no reason to believe that an autopsy would quell your concerns,
^^^ Wrong, it would if a totally independent trust worthy medical group did the autopsy!
Personally, I do not care that you take that view..
You may believe anything you like about anybody you like..

As may I... Tyr

namvet
02-17-2016, 05:51 PM
a lotta rumors going round claims the dems had him knocked off. no autopsy to be performed. if I was trump I'd grow eyes in the back of my head

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-17-2016, 06:01 PM
a lotta rumors going round claims the dems had him knocked off. no autopsy to be performed. if I was trump I'd grow eyes in the back of my head

E-ZACTLY..... TRUMP HAD BETTER HAVE HIS OWN HANDPICKED SECURITY TRIPLE CHECKING ANY PROVIDED BY THE OBAMA CONTROLLED LEFTIST GOVERNMENT....

ONLY THE NAIVE AND GULLIBLE DISMISS THAT IS A POSSIBILITY IMHO.

THEY DO AUTOPSY ON ORDINARY EVERYDAY CITIZENS --
I wonder why in many states its mandated by law???-Tyr

namvet
02-17-2016, 06:47 PM
E-ZACTLY..... TRUMP HAD BETTER HAVE HIS OWN HANDPICKED SECURITY TRIPLE CHECKING ANY PROVIDED BY THE OBAMA CONTROLLED LEFTIST GOVERNMENT....

ONLY THE NAIVE AND GULLIBLE DISMISS THAT IS A POSSIBILITY IMHO.

THEY DO AUTOPSY ON ORDINARY EVERYDAY CITIZENS --
I wonder why in many states its mandated by law???-Tyr

I honest to god think they would rather see him dead than prez

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-17-2016, 07:11 PM
Following the text usually protects all:

https://reason.com/archives/2016/02/16/antonin-scalia-was-a-great-jurist-for-cr

Kudos for this great post. :beer: :beer:
An exceptional presentation of Scalia's career, honesty, INTEGRITY and greatness IMHO.-TYR