PDA

View Full Version : The best defense of Trump I've heard so far

tailfins
02-16-2016, 02:35 PM
This article by itself wouldn't do it. However Limbaugh's explanation of this article made sense. Limbaugh said that he agrees with both sides of the Trump/Cruz divide. He explained that with Cruz you get the true conservative we have been waiting for, but with it an intact Democrat party. Rush also didn't insult people's intelligence, instead pushing the idea that Trump doesn't have to be conservative. Trump's audience is independents and blue-collar Democrats. Trump is poised to bust up the Democrat party. A busted-up Democrat party would advance the conservative cause, even if the one busting up the Democrats wasn't completely conservative.

http://nypost.com/2016/02/15/donald-trump-has-invented-a-new-way-to-win/

pete311
02-16-2016, 02:37 PM
It's all one big game. Like Lakers vs Knicks and it's the fans who lose.

fj1200
02-18-2016, 04:28 PM
This article by itself wouldn't do it. However Limbaugh's explanation of this article made sense. Limbaugh said that he agrees with both sides of the Trump/Cruz divide. He explained that with Cruz you get the true conservative we have been waiting for, but with it an intact Democrat party. Rush also didn't insult people's intelligence, instead pushing the idea that Trump doesn't have to be conservative. Trump's audience is independents and blue-collar Democrats. Trump is poised to bust up the Democrat party. A busted-up Democrat party would advance the conservative cause, even if the one busting up the Democrats wasn't completely conservative.

http://nypost.com/2016/02/15/donald-trump-has-invented-a-new-way-to-win/

Can't say I agree with that. The Democrat party is on the ropes pretty much everywhere since BO was elected; they have no bench if sanders and hrc are the best they can come up with and their control at the state level has been crushed. How does it advance the conservative cause if the Republican candidate is already willing to move left on certain issues like health care? It seems like some want to vote in an anti-establishment candidate who already agrees with many of the arguments against establishment candidates in the first place. The current establishment talks about defunding Planned Parenthood but the "anti-establishment" candidate already disagrees with defunding PP.

The question to me should be how to capture those independents and blue-collar democrats for the Republican party rather than rely on an out-sized personality.

jimnyc
02-18-2016, 10:53 PM
Can't say I agree with that. The Democrat party is on the ropes pretty much everywhere since BO was elected; they have no bench if sanders and hrc are the best they can come up with and their control at the state level has been crushed. How does it advance the conservative cause if the Republican candidate is already willing to move left on certain issues like health care? It seems like some want to vote in an anti-establishment candidate who already agrees with many of the arguments against establishment candidates in the first place. The current establishment talks about defunding Planned Parenthood but the "anti-establishment" candidate already disagrees with defunding PP.

The question to me should be how to capture those independents and blue-collar democrats for the Republican party rather than rely on an out-sized personality.

Fwiw - Trump has stated that he believes that PP does some good things, but not the abortions. He stated that he was NOT for funding them so long as they performed abortions.

fj1200
02-19-2016, 09:36 AM
Fwiw - Trump has stated that he believes that PP does some good things, but not the abortions. He stated that he was NOT for funding them so long as they performed abortions.

Sure. How many people were mad that the Republicans made a big deal about defunding PP and then ended up funding PP?