PDA

View Full Version : Shades of Blue

Abbey Marie
02-17-2016, 09:43 AM
Anyone watching this crime drama starring Jennifer Lopez and Ray Liotta? I'm not a big fan of cop shows generally, but I started binging this one because of Liotta. It is really very good. Anyone else watching?

Kathianne
02-17-2016, 09:46 AM
Anyone watching this crime drama starring Jennifer Lopez and Ray Liotta? I'm not a big fan of cop shows generally, but I started binging this one because of Liotta. It is really very good. Anyone else watching?

No, gotta admit seldom watch NBC, I'll check it out. Thanks!

NightTrain
02-17-2016, 09:47 AM

Haven't seen that one.

Right now Sharon and I are bingeing on Grimm... they've got 5 seasons on Amazon Prime.

I'll watch anything with Liotta... he plays a pretty solid gangster.

Abbey Marie
02-17-2016, 09:49 AM
Haven't seen that one.

Right now Sharon and I are bingeing on Grimm... they've got 5 seasons on Amazon Prime.

I'll watch anything with Liotta... he plays a pretty solid gangster.

Right? He's a deliciously crooked cop in this one.

NightTrain
02-17-2016, 09:54 AM
Right? He's a deliciously crooked cop in this one.

That part would be right up his alley. It's funny that the guys that have a knack for portraying a cop or a criminal seem to do each equally well.

Kathianne
02-17-2016, 09:56 AM
I can view the previous 3 episodes with 'On Demand.' I'll check those out. I also have Amazon Prime, haven't got it installed yet though since the last move, maybe I'll fiddle with that after doctor appt.

NightTrain
02-17-2016, 09:57 AM
Remember Dennis Farina? Loved that guy.

He was awesome at playing a criminal - any kind of criminal - and he was a retired Chicago cop! :laugh:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8418&stc=1

It was a sad day when he died.

Abbey Marie
02-17-2016, 09:58 AM
That part would be right up his alley. It's funny that the guys that have a knack for portraying a cop or a criminal seem to do each equally well.

Lol.

The surprise for me was Lopez. She is actually good here. She Exec-Produced her way into the starring role, so it could easily have gone badly, IMO. But she's good. (And from my old Bronx neighborhood, btw :cool: ).

The story line revolves around her and Liotta as close friends and dirty cops, and the FBI finds out and forces her to turn on Liotta.

indago
02-17-2016, 02:39 PM
Lol.

The surprise for me was Lopez. She is actually good here. She Exec-Produced her way into the starring role, so it could easily have gone badly, IMO. But she's good. (And from my old Bronx neighborhood, btw :cool: ).

The story line revolves around her and Liotta as close friends and dirty cops, and the FBI finds out and forces her to turn on Liotta.

Yes, I've been following that one. I've seen Lopez in several movies now and I'm thinking that she is an excellent actress.

Abbey Marie
02-17-2016, 02:45 PM
Yes, I've been following that one. I've seen Lopez in several movies now and I'm thinking that she is an excellent actress.

:thumb:

Sort of ironically, she's a better actor than her ex Ben.

indago
02-17-2016, 02:58 PM
Remember Dennis Farina? Loved that guy.

He was exceptionally good in Paparazzi. He played a detective.

Abbey Marie
03-03-2016, 11:01 PM
This show gets better and better. Anyone try it out yet?

SassyLady
03-04-2016, 12:31 AM
I tried watching it when it first came out ... not a fan of crooked cops. Dropped it after 3rd episode. Might try again when all my other shows are on hiatus. Here's what I'm currently obsessed with:LimitlessSecond ChanceCan't wait for:VikingsOutlanderPower TyrantPerson of Interest

Kathianne
03-04-2016, 03:09 AM
I tried watching it when it first came out ... not a fan of crooked cops. Dropped it after 3rd episode. Might try again when all my other shows are on hiatus. Here's what I'm currently obsessed with:LimitlessSecond ChanceCan't wait for:VikingsOutlanderPower TyrantPerson of Interest

I tried it too, for the same reasons it didn't click for me-I don't like 'crooked cop' shows. But the acting/writing is very good. I will probably watch it again, when time permits.