PDA

View Full Version : Dna

indago
02-17-2016, 10:31 AM
I have been watching a program about the murder of Eugenie Boisfontaine on Discovery ID Killing Fields. There was a segment concerning DNA sampling, and a new company that has developed a computer program that can take a DNA sample and construct the facial features of the one who left it. In the program, the sample given to the company was constructed into the facial features of one of the Detectives on the case.

program (http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/killing-fields/videos/the-case-of-eugenie-boisfontaine/)

Gunny
02-17-2016, 10:45 AM
I have been watching a program about the murder of Eugenie Boisfontaine on Discovery ID Killing Fields. There was a segment concerning DNA sampling, and a new company that has developed a computer program that can take a DNA sample and construct the facial features of the one who left it. In the program, the sample given to the company was constructed into the facial features of one of the Detectives on the case.

program (http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/killing-fields/videos/the-case-of-eugenie-boisfontaine/)

I have mixed emotions on DNA. People have come to believe it is infallible. They don't listen to circumstances nor witnesses -- if the forensics say it's so, it's so. I've seen many a case on ID where a complete assumptive story is built around the forensics.

One guy was busted 40 years later for supposedly raping a college coed and killing her. On the pantyhose they dug up, was some of his DNA, and the DNA of a guy who was 3 years old at the time of the rape and murder. IMO, you have a contaminated source that should not have been allowed to be used as evidence against a guy who had lived a quiet, law-abiding life so far as anyone knew.

In another thread you bitch about over-zealous prosecutors; yet, you would put it past them to plant evidence? Using DNA makes it a lot easier than a drop gun.

indago
02-17-2016, 07:11 PM
In another thread you bitch about over-zealous prosecutors; yet, you would put it past them to plant evidence? Using DNA makes it a lot easier than a drop gun.

Point out where I "would put it past them to plant evidence".

indago
02-19-2016, 09:33 AM
A doctor who says she was forced out of her job at the medical examiner's office after raising questions about the city's use of a disputed technique for analyzing trace samples of DNA filed a federal civil rights lawsuit on Thursday.

Dr. Marina Stajic said she was told she could either retire or be fired from her job as a laboratory director in April 2015. She says she was perceived as an adversary because of her position on the use of the DNA profiling technique known as low copy number, which critics have argued is unreliable and should not be used in court.

article (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_DNA_CONTROVERSY_LAWSUIT?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2016-02-18-20-48-17)

indago
02-19-2016, 09:38 AM

Well, here it is, a couple of days gone by, and did Ol' Huff'nPuff "Point out where I "would put it past them to plant evidence""?

Of course not. And why am I not surprised! Just some old bluster and BS. And didn't I just know, somehow, that this is the way this would turn out. So predictable. Ol' BlowHard thrives on making bold and sweeping generalizations, but when called upon the carpet to examine into the ranting, the foundation crumbles, along with veracity; and, we find that the equivocations are just that; just blowing smoke, and now eating crow; and enjoying a favorite dish:

SMOKED CROW

Gunny
02-19-2016, 10:53 AM

Why should I point out something in response to an assumption on YOUR part? It was a rhetorical question, not an accusation.

indago
02-19-2016, 11:07 AM
Why should I point out something in response to an assumption on YOUR part? It was a rhetorical question, not an accusation.

What "assumption" would that be?

Gunny
02-19-2016, 01:32 PM
What "assumption" would that be?

You assumed I stated that you, personally, did not think the DA would plant evidence. I did not. Don't try playing word games with me. You're not good enough at it.

I find the entire topic of DNA interesting. I'm just not buying it lock, stock n barrel.

indago
02-19-2016, 03:29 PM
You assumed I stated that you, personally, did not think the DA would plant evidence. I did not. Don't try playing word games with me. You're not good enough at it.

And I asked you to point this out and you failed to do so, and failed miserably too, I might add...

Gunny
02-19-2016, 05:32 PM
And I asked you to point this out and you failed to do so, and failed miserably too, I might add...

Post #3, this thread. Done trying to be Yogi Bear yet?

indago
02-19-2016, 11:45 PM
Post #3, this thread. Done trying to be Yogi Bear yet?

And ANOTHER failure on your part. You just never tire of stuffing yourself with SMOKED CROW!