PDA

View Full Version : Destiny

jimnyc
07-14-2007, 09:49 PM
Just was in the mood to write a little something this evening. Please don't ask questions, as there are no answers. Sometimes you have weird visions in your head and you feel like writing about them. And sometimes although we know they're only words, we also know they are our words, and we'd be willing to live them or we wouldn't have visioned them.
-------------------------

what does the future hold
do we really want to know
does it hold riches and fame
or more of the same 'ol same

what if you could make changes
what would you choose
would you help others
or would you help you

we danced like there was no tomorrow
but what if there was none
would she know how I truly feel
or how about my son

I may not be much
but I feel the protector
her future depends on mine
all I need is a sign

You can avoid all death
as it can't happen if it doesn't happen
but where does that leave you
do things really change for you

So I knew the wreck is going to happen
all seems surreal, and others go along like any other day
I ponder the choices and how to continue a life of sadness

You can avert tragedy, maybe be a hero
but the hero doesn't always get what he truly wants
but you must stop it at all costs, or all is lost

You can't take powers lightly
and in fact it can be a curse at times
sounds so easy to fix
but it's much more complicated

The future can't make a man
The future cannot produce love
It can't change who you are
and can't instill nonexistent feelings

So you set out to avert the tragedy
knowing your love isn't yours
but your love is them

You take the quickest car there
avoiding all stops and being reckless
when all is lost, going harder is easier
down the last hill with that bad memory only seconds away

As they cross the intersection, you are putting the pedal to the floor
unaware of their fate, wife an son continue with the laughs
not knowing the 18 wheeler will soon turn the laughs to eternal pain

As I reach the bottom of the canyon
thoughts of my life racing through my head
I don't hesitate a second and run straight past them well over 100
directly into the oncoming truck that was about to blast the red light.

So they slowly gaze and drive by, realizing the tragedy they came within inches of
They hug one another out of happiness to still be together
The truck driver exits the vehicle, unhurt, wondering what just happened
He realizes he has killed a man who ran into him head on

While distraught, he feels lucky and learns to move on, and be more careful
While the wife and son forever embrace one another knowing life could be shorter
But something that day saved them and gave them second lives

As for me, I'll be ok. I finally get the respect from my wife that I've yearned for
My little boy is sad but understands his daddy is a hero and gave his life to him to live
I look down and watch their happiness, which gives me happiness.

That's when it hit me. That was the first time that I realized I had sacrificed my life for my very own family.
Is that the definition of undying love? The rest was reactionary but the reality has set in.
I'm gone and they are still there, fine and well. They'll miss me, but better than me with the pain of missing them.

I can't have this in the present life, but if afforded to me, I would take the future and give it to them. It's only fair, as they have given me my wonderful past.

All I ever wanted was respect and love from those very two.

But you must let destiny determine the path.

nevadamedic
07-14-2007, 09:51 PM
That's pretty awesome!

jimnyc
07-15-2007, 06:49 PM
31 views and 1 reply :( (and a rep from my bud Darin)

Did you all think it was a bit too strange? My Mom thought I was suicidal after reading it! LOL

I watched the movie "Next" last evening with Nicolas Cage. He's able to see into the future, even if it's only by 2 minutes at a time. So it had me thinking, that's all. I write stuff all the time but am generally VERY hesitant about sharing my words with others.

nevadamedic
07-15-2007, 07:20 PM

Did you all think it was a bit too strange? My Mom thought I was suicidal after reading it! LOL

I watched the movie "Next" last evening with Nicolas Cage. He's able to see into the future, even if it's only by 2 minutes at a time. So it had me thinking, that's all. I write stuff all the time but am generally VERY hesitant about sharing my words with others.

Is Next a new movie?

jackass
07-15-2007, 07:50 PM
I read it Jimbo...and was going to give you a hard time about it. Something along the lines of....did you switch your meds again. :laugh2:

You said no questions at the beginning, that you just wanted to put some words down...so I read it...thought it...a little dark but good and left it at that. My apologies..I dont really think to rep all that much. I have gotten out of the habit and need to get back into it.

Abbey Marie
07-15-2007, 10:22 PM

Sorry, Jim! Your "Please don't ask questions" comment kind of kept me from responding. I am always amazed by people who can lay themselves open so publicly. Kudos to you! :clap:

nevadamedic
07-15-2007, 10:42 PM
Sorry, Jim! Your "Please don't ask questions" comment kind of kept me from responding. I am always amazed by people who can lay themselves open so publicly. Kudos to you! :clap:

I am impressed as he seem's to not care what other people think. That's pretty hard to do.