PDA

View Full Version : A vote for Trump is a vote for Democrats

gabosaurus
02-18-2016, 03:32 PM
My husband and I broke our long standing agreement to not discuss politics because he was disturbed about the possibility of Trump taking the GOP nomination. He said he would support any candidate except Trump.
Since my husband would never vote for a Democrat, he said he would not vote at all if Trump was on the ballot.

That led to wonder how many Republicans would do the same thing. Trump obviously does not have the support of the GOP establishment and has created a lot of dissenters among the rank and file.
If a lot of potential Republican voters stay at home, how would that affect candidates lower on the ballot? All House seats and a third of the Senate are up for grabs, in additions to many state contests. Could a Trump nomination cost Republicans control of the House and Senate?

tailfins
02-18-2016, 04:22 PM
My husband and I broke our long standing agreement to not discuss politics because he was disturbed about the possibility of Trump taking the GOP nomination. He said he would support any candidate except Trump.
Since my husband would never vote for a Democrat, he said he would not vote at all if Trump was on the ballot.

That led to wonder how many Republicans would do the same thing. Trump obviously does not have the support of the GOP establishment and has created a lot of dissenters among the rank and file.
If a lot of potential Republican voters stay at home, how would that affect candidates lower on the ballot? All House seats and a third of the Senate are up for grabs, in additions to many state contests. Could a Trump nomination cost Republicans control of the House and Senate?

I also will not vote for T-Rump under any circumstances. I will, however vote for Congressman Sam Johnson and whomever gets the GOP nomination for State Representative.

aboutime
02-18-2016, 04:53 PM

You failed again gabby. Everything you said ^ above sounds like the typical Liberal, Democrat, DNC blather of propaganda designed to aid Democrats who are AFRAID of Trump. It's the same kind of attempts at LAME democrat reverse psychology used many times before. A Liberal like yourself, pretending to be defensive for those who know WHAT your ultimate plan is by telling us more BS?

It will probably work for other Liberals like yourself, but few here will fall for your Debby Wasserman Impressions.
http://icansayit.com/images/witchwasserman.jpg

tailfins
02-18-2016, 05:09 PM
You failed again gabby. Everything you said ^ above sounds like the typical Liberal, Democrat, DNC blather of propaganda designed to aid Democrats who are AFRAID of Trump. It's the same kind of attempts at LAME democrat reverse psychology used many times before. A Liberal like yourself, pretending to be defensive for those who know WHAT your ultimate plan is by telling us more BS?

It will probably work for other Liberals like yourself, but few here will fall for your Debby Wasserman Impressions.
http://icansayit.com/images/witchwasserman.jpg

That's not fear you see, it's giddiness from the Democrats.

Perianne
02-18-2016, 05:21 PM

I have heard other Republicans say the same thing.

glockmail
02-18-2016, 05:22 PM
I also will not vote for T-Rump under any circumstances. I will, however vote for Congressman Sam Johnson and whomever gets the GOP nomination for State Representative.
Don't be an idjit. I'm not a Trump fan either but we'd be better off with him than Hillary or Bernie. Buck up like the rest of us, hold your nose, and pull the R lever.

jimnyc
02-18-2016, 06:01 PM
I have heard other Republicans say the same thing.

I've seen some on the right stating the same thing. But a lot don't realize that he does have a lot of independent and moderate support already. He has a fair amount of support from just about every group tracked. Folks have been saying the same thing, that he can't get the vote and such, and his lead has slowly went from teens, to the mid to upper 20's, into the 30's and now into the low 40's nationally. Yup, no doubt there are folks that won't vote for him no matter what.

And that's before any head to head action really taking place yet, nor any type of 'resolution' to the email scandal.

And some on the right want to blast Trump as if it's a vote for Democrats - but those folks don't like to talk much about Hillary and her illegal activities and endless scandals over the years.

How many on the left will vote Hillary no matter what? I've heard a LOT of folks talking about how they won't vote for her no matter what, so it's not just on the right.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-18-2016, 06:07 PM
Don't be an idjit. I'm not a Trump fan either but we'd be better off with him than Hillary or Bernie. Buck up like the rest of us, hold your nose, and pull the R lever.

Don't be an idjit.

Methinks , you ask the impossible of him my friend! -Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-18-2016, 07:11 PM
That's not fear you see, it's giddiness from the Democrats.

Thats stupidity mixed with insanity not giddiness. You'd best look at that picture again.
That certified piece of walking , talking shit is totally insane.
Were she a REPUBLICAN SHE'D BE COMMITTED LONG BEFORE NOW....
AS THEY EXALT, REWARD AND CONTINUOUSLY ELECT AND RE-ELECT THEIR FFING CRAZIES.

For me, its a telltale sign that you haven't a damn clue about how bat-shit crazy she is.. -TYR

gabosaurus
02-18-2016, 08:05 PM
Fine with me. I want to Trump to win the GOP nomination. Because that would guarantee that Dems would retain the White House.
Trump has his supporters, predominantly on the far right. Predominantly white males.
Trump will next to no support from women, minorities, immigrants and younger (30 and under) voters. That is a lot of people.
Want to see more Latinos vote than ever before? Put Trump on the ballot. Same with black voters.

Laugh all you want now. The only GOP candidate that has a chance with liberals and independents is Rubio.

Black Diamond
02-18-2016, 08:08 PM
Fine with me. I want to Trump to win the GOP nomination. Because that would guarantee that Dems would retain the White House.
Trump has his supporters, predominantly on the far right. Predominantly white males.
Trump will next to no support from women, minorities, immigrants and younger (30 and under) voters. That is a lot of people.
Want to see more Latinos vote than ever before? Put Trump on the ballot. Same with black voters.

Laugh all you want now. The only GOP candidate that has a chance with liberals and independents is Rubio.

There are no guarantees.

jimnyc
02-18-2016, 08:09 PM

Wrong. Trump has supporters from EVERY group out there. You are clueless and just re-vomit out things that you heard but obviously didn't fact check. Trump even has a lot of Latino support. He also has black support, while of course not as many as on the Dem side, where they promise free everything that folks are still gullible to believe.

And all you have is a criminal. And a pedo writer. You enjoy that and brag about it! :laugh:

jimnyc
02-18-2016, 08:11 PM
There are no guarantees.

Agreed. But for now, we have the facts to discuss as the election season moves forward. It's funny when you read her posts and it becomes clear that she is clueless, even on the Dem side. :laugh2:

gabosaurus
02-18-2016, 08:17 PM
Wrong. Trump has supporters from EVERY group out there. You are clueless and just re-vomit out things that you heard but obviously didn't fact check. Trump even has a lot of Latino support. He also has black support, while of course not as many as on the Dem side, where they promise free everything that folks are still gullible to believe.

You are either misinformed, delusionary, clueless or all of the above.

Abbey Marie
02-18-2016, 08:21 PM

The bolded is what I have believed all along.

jimnyc
02-18-2016, 08:35 PM

I'm sorry you don't keep up with the election, and all of the facts that come out via many media outlets. If you think I am incorrect on the groups he has support from, feel free to search, which we all know you won't do. Hell, it's been discussed here already, so you can even just search here. But even better, just go forward believing I am delusional, I'm cool with that too. The facts and numbers won't change no matter how much uninformed rhetoric you toss out there. This type of crap has been tried on Trump already, and all it has done has succeeded in doubling his numbers nationally.

Kathianne
02-18-2016, 10:10 PM

I think you're wrong on that. Perhaps 6 months ago I thought it might be impossible for Trump to win the general election, no more. Hillary is imploding and there's probably now a 60% chance that she may well be indicted before Jan. 2017.

Sanders? I just don't see his getting the numbers in a general election and there's little chance someone else is going to step in and overtake him before the convention.

I've been very clear I will NOT vote for Trump should he get the nomination. I will however vote. I'll pick a 3rd party for President and vote for federal, state, and local offices. I would never NOT vote.

glockmail
02-19-2016, 08:47 AM
Always funny when a liberal gives "advice" to conservatives on who to vote for. Always sad when they take it.

tailfins
02-19-2016, 08:54 AM

That's incorrect. Trump's supporters are identified as moderate, blue-collar, less educated people who have previously felt left out of the political process. Many Trump supporters are nominally Democrat. Some Republicans worry if Trump were there nominee, that many of his supporters would be ticket splitters, voting for Democrats down ballot.

I think you're wrong on that. Perhaps 6 months ago I thought it might be impossible for Trump to win the general election, no more. Hillary is imploding and there's probably now a 60% chance that she may well be indicted before Jan. 2017.

Sanders? I just don't see his getting the numbers in a general election and there's little chance someone else is going to step in and overtake him before the convention.

I've been very clear I will NOT vote for Trump should he get the nomination. I will however vote. I'll pick a 3rd party for President and vote for federal, state, and local offices. I would never NOT vote.

Regarding Sanders: Don't underestimate the power of free stuff.

revelarts
02-19-2016, 09:12 AM

Ask your Husband to investigate 3rd parties.

If enough people are disgusted enough, if just about a 3rd of people voted for anything other than D or R, then both main parities will be shook to their cores.

People say they are near ready for "revolution" or "secession", but they haven't explored the more real option of crippling the 2 party establishment machines, 3rd parities have been how the country's changed in the past. There has been no successful civil war or revolution, no seccusful secession but many of major parties of the past are gone.

we didn't get here over night it probably won't be ONE election that will change to game.

darin
02-19-2016, 09:30 AM

You're lying. that convo never happened - you're simply creating a scenario to make a point.

Bilgerat
02-19-2016, 06:23 PM

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8446&stc=1

Bilgerat
02-19-2016, 06:27 PM

So, remind me again how Republicans NOT voting for the candidate worked out so well during the Romney election?

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/003689517/83518520_Shooting_yourself_in_the_foot_xlarge.jpeg

fj1200
02-19-2016, 07:36 PM

Dream scenario: hill indicted, Biden tries to steal the D convention, enter Bloomberg. Cruz or Rubio takes the R convention, trump is ticked and goes 3rd party. Nobody wins outright, the Republican led House chooses POTUS, Senate chooses veep. Awesome good fun.

Kathianne
02-19-2016, 09:37 PM
Dream scenario: hill indicted, Biden tries to steal the D convention, enter Bloomberg. Cruz or Rubio takes the R convention, trump is ticked and goes 3rd party. Nobody wins outright, the Republican led House chooses POTUS, Senate chooses veep. Awesome good fun.

Fantasies, fantasies. Would be interesting though.

Perianne
02-19-2016, 10:26 PM

Is there any way you can see me becoming President? That would indeed be awesome good fun. fj1200