PDA

View Full Version : Do you support Japanese-style interment camps for Muslim citizens?

tailfins
02-19-2016, 07:29 PM
Here is an article reminding us about the internment camps as a reference. It's time for the internet tough guys to put up or shut up.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2016/02/19/internment_camps_have_we_forgotten_the_lesson_1297 24.html

Reagan read aloud Mineta’s own recollection of being rounded up with his family in San Jose, California, at age 10.
“My own family was sent first to Santa Anita Racetrack,” Mineta had written. “We showered in the horse paddocks. Some families lived in converted stables, others in hastily thrown together barracks. We were then moved to Heart Mountain, Wyoming, where our entire family lived in one small room of a rude tar paper barrack.”

Gunny
02-19-2016, 07:57 PM
Here is an article reminding us about the internment camps as a reference. It's time for the internet tough guys to put up or shut up.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2016/02/19/internment_camps_have_we_forgotten_the_lesson_1297 24.html

What internet tough guys? You're as bad as any.

I support not letting them in, period. Problem solved.

Bilgerat
02-19-2016, 08:04 PM
Ellis Island was a very useful tool to control immigrants

Let's bring it back!

namvet
02-19-2016, 08:12 PM
no!!! take em all right to the ovens

http://worldwariiarchive.weebly.com/uploads/2/9/9/6/29961897/8037570_orig.jpg

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-19-2016, 11:22 PM

Which one of your muslim overlords put you up to this attempted trap?
Nobody has to play your silly game.
You still have no clue what a mental case you are and its kinda interesting to watch you try to defend your blindness, stupidity and arrogance by these many recent lame posts.
You are as clueless a fish wallowing in the sand in the middle of a desert.
As you try to champion real monsters(muslims) by trying create false ones to blame(anybody not on board with them).
What a shill!!!!--Tyr

Russ
02-20-2016, 07:12 AM
Let's just start with an interment camp for Hillary, Obama, and Harry Reid, and see how that goes, first. :salute:

Gunny
02-20-2016, 11:41 AM
My point is, if they aren't here, then we have no need to give ammo to the sympathizers and their whining over how mistreated these people are. They are the ones running like pussies instead of defending their turf. If they're old enough to fight, I don't want to hear it.

And I sure don't want to hear any whiny sh*ts bitching about how they're getting treated. They can stay home if they don't like it.

aboutime
02-20-2016, 02:15 PM
IF the people are Citizens of this nation. They should NEVER repeat what took place during WWII. Roosevelt, and others disobeyed the Constitution.

FOR EVERYONE'S INFORMATION: Habeas corpus (/ˈheɪbiəs ˈkɔːrpəs/; Latin for "you [shall] have the body") is a legal action or writ by means of which detainees can seek relief from unlawful imprisonment.
Habeas corpus in the United States - Wikipedia, the free ...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Habeas_corpus_in_the_United_StatesWikipedia

Or, in other words....noun, Law.
a writ requiring a person to be brought before a judge or court, especially for investigation of a restraint of the person's liberty, used as a protection against illegal imprisonment.

Abbey Marie
02-20-2016, 04:03 PM
Let's just start with an interment camp for Hillary, Obama, and Harry Reid, and see how that goes, first. :salute:

Throw in Michael Moore and you have a deal.

:coffee:

Black Diamond
02-20-2016, 05:21 PM

How long would it take to starve him?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-20-2016, 05:23 PM

I am willing and greedy, throw in Pelosi, Boxer, Schummer and Sean Penn--we have a deal Russ.--:laugh::laugh::laugh:-Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-20-2016, 05:23 PM
How long would it take to starve him?

I AM GUESSING ABOUT 9 MONTHS TO A YEAR...-Tyr

Gunny
02-20-2016, 05:28 PM
IF the people are Citizens of this nation. They should NEVER repeat what took place during WWII. Roosevelt, and others disobeyed the Constitution.

FOR EVERYONE'S INFORMATION: Habeas corpus (/ˈheɪbiəs ˈkɔːrpəs/; Latin for "you [shall] have the body") is a legal action or writ by means of which detainees can seek relief from unlawful imprisonment.

a writ requiring a person to be brought before a judge or court, especially for investigation of a restraint of the person's liberty, used as a protection against illegal imprisonment.

Lincoln suspended it. Legalities in this country are just nuisances for politicians to find their way around.

namvet
02-20-2016, 05:31 PM

you talking about the Jap internment camps AT ??

Gunny
02-20-2016, 05:54 PM
you talking about the Jap internment camps AT ??

The internment things were not directly an FDR thing. The Solicitor General (now the AG) asked FDR if he could detain those Japanese Americans SUSPECT as possible collaborators. FDR said yes. It morphed from there into the internment camp.

I can blame a LOT on FDR, but I don't really blame a CinC who is going to ask Congress for a declaration of war within 12 hours for doing what he thinks is right and in the best interest of this Nation.

It would be a breath of fresh air if that happened nowadays. Obama is endangering all our lives with his stupid decisions.

aboutime
02-20-2016, 07:11 PM
The internment things were not directly an FDR thing. The Solicitor General (now the AG) asked FDR if he could detain those Japanese Americans SUSPECT as possible collaborators. FDR said yes. It morphed from there into the internment camp.

I can blame a LOT on FDR, but I don't really blame a CinC who is going to ask Congress for a declaration of war within 12 hours for doing what he thinks is right and in the best interest of this Nation.

It would be a breath of fresh air if that happened nowadays. Obama is endangering all our lives with his stupid decisions.

I know. And I would have agreed at that time as well. But today, I stand by the constitution first. And I tried to make it clear....CITIZENS of the USA should never be included. As for those like the prisoners in Gitmo, and Illegals from the ARAB states where Muslims/ISIS/Terrorists who come here. I would Welcome the Interment of known TERRORIST SYMPATHIZERS or Homegrown who are set on killing Americans.
Otherwise. The Constitution must come first.

CSM
02-21-2016, 07:48 AM
I am willing and greedy, throw in Pelosi, Boxer, Schummer and Sean Penn--we have a deal Russ.--:laugh::laugh::laugh:-Tyr

Well, crap. Put Jane Fonda in there and I'll help build the place!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-21-2016, 08:05 AM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to CSM again.

Damn right! Her sorry ass should have been at the head of the list going in on the first shipment.
They include her, I help ya build it, bring my own tools and pay for lunch each day.
These leftists and the muzzies work together as a team, only the muzzies are far more clever at hiding their part because they wield power but play to be victims.
That strategy score them big in Britain and France. -Tyr

Gunny
02-22-2016, 03:18 PM
I know. And I would have agreed at that time as well. But today, I stand by the constitution first. And I tried to make it clear....CITIZENS of the USA should never be included. As for those like the prisoners in Gitmo, and Illegals from the ARAB states where Muslims/ISIS/Terrorists who come here. I would Welcome the Interment of known TERRORIST SYMPATHIZERS or Homegrown who are set on killing Americans.
Otherwise. The Constitution must come first.

Another leftwing nut case of what "is" is. Are they criminals. or POW's? IMO, if they are enemies of this Nation, and the ideals set forth in the Constitution, they don't deserve the Rights the Constitution guarantees our citizens. The Constitution is NOT a suicide pact, but it's turning into one because of the leftwing idiots.

Scalia believed in the word of law. Not misinterpreting it.

glockmail
02-22-2016, 05:31 PM
Great, now the banner ad is a Muslim dating site. :laugh:

Drummond
02-22-2016, 07:05 PM
I AM GUESSING ABOUT 9 MONTHS TO A YEAR...-Tyr

Bit of an underestimate, there, Tyr .....:laugh:

Black Diamond
02-22-2016, 07:11 PM

:salute:

Gunny
02-22-2016, 07:13 PM

:salute:

How quickly the left gives our original, home grown terrorists and traitors a pass. Fonda, Ayers ...

fj1200
02-23-2016, 08:50 AM
Another leftwing nut case of what "is" is. Are they criminals. or POW's? IMO, if they are enemies of this Nation, and the ideals set forth in the Constitution, they don't deserve the Rights the Constitution guarantees our citizens. The Constitution is NOT a suicide pact, but it's turning into one because of the leftwing idiots.

Scalia believed in the word of law. Not misinterpreting it.

Citizens are entitled to Constitutional rights whether they deserve them or not.

Gunny
02-23-2016, 09:25 AM
Citizens are entitled to Constitutional rights whether they deserve them or not.

Talking to the wrong person. Your rights begin at the end of my bayonet. Words on a piece of paper are worth only as much as you are willing you back them up. No one's entitled simply because they exist.

And as long as I'm the one doing he fighting, we're playing by MY rules, and sorry if your little ass feels some discomfort. If you aren't willing to fight for those words you put on paper, don't come crying to me. Talk is cheap.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-23-2016, 09:53 AM
Talking to the wrong person. Your rights begin at the end of my bayonet. Words on a piece of paper are worth only as much as you are willing you back them up. No one's entitled simply because they exist.

And as long as I'm the one doing he fighting, we're playing by MY rules, and sorry if your little ass feels some discomfort. If you aren't willing to fight for those words you put on paper, don't come crying to me. Talk is cheap.

Liberals/leftists and their appeasing shills cry--its what they do.
They cry like banshee's to get their way. Has worked like a charm because we no longer slap them down like we did pre-60's.
Thus the ffing worms play it to the hilt.-Tyr

Gunny
02-23-2016, 10:26 AM
Liberals/leftists and their appeasing shills cry--its what they do.
They cry like banshee's to get their way. Has worked like a charm because we no longer slap them down like we did pre-60's.
Thus the ffing worms play it to the hilt.-Tyr

I'm still down with the Swiss notion of compulsory service.

I used to compare the US to Rome, but that is just grandiose thinking. Rome lasted over a thousand years before it reached the state of decadence we have in 200. We'll be a blip on the radar when all is said and done because we let losers control everything.

fj1200
02-23-2016, 12:21 PM

What did I say that was incorrect? The question of the thread was internment camps for Muslim citizens; emphasis on citizens.

Gunny
02-23-2016, 12:31 PM
What did I say that was incorrect? The question of the thread was internment camps for Muslim citizens; emphasis on citizens.

I think we all tossed out the premise of the thread from the first post. Basically, it's a stupid question.

I'm not willing to ignore the 800 lb gorilla in the room so Obama can have a "feel good" moment. ALL immigration legal or not legal needs to be stopped NOW and until we can get control of it. Everyone wants to change this law or that law ... how about we get rid of the one based on an antiquated notion that we have room for every Tom, Dick and Harry? Especially the ones that want to bring their backwards-assed religious laws with them and force us to cater to them?

fj1200
02-23-2016, 12:34 PM
I think we all tossed out the premise of the thread from the first post. Basically, it's a stupid question.

I'm not willing to ignore the 800 lb gorilla in the room so Obama can have a "feel good" moment. ALL immigration legal or not legal needs to be stopped NOW and until we can get control of it. Everyone wants to change this law or that law ... how about we get rid of the one based on an antiquated notion that we have room for every Tom, Dick and Harry? Especially the ones that want to bring their backwards-assed religious laws with them and force us to cater to them?

Hopefully everyone did toss out the opening question but it doesn't mean no one should state the obvious. :poke:

Gunny
02-23-2016, 12:48 PM
Hopefully everyone did toss out the opening question but it doesn't mean no one should state the obvious. :poke:

I agree. The obvious is a couple of things.

One, these people don't come here to assimilate. They come here and demand special rights and protections for the life they brought with them and ran away from.

Two, allowing people that have been raised to hate us and our way of life from the their first breath is suicide by any other name.

Obama's going to give these people a place to live, jobs and feed them. What's he doing for OUR homeless?

fj1200
02-23-2016, 12:58 PM
I think your fallacy is assigning characteristics to everyone in a particular group based on a smaller sample. That sort of claim has been made against various immigrant groups over history and some people make the same sort of claim now, and not just against immigrants/refugees. That's not to say that we shouldn't be investigating any refugees that want to come over here but we shouldn't make the mistake as a country of turning inward.