PDA

View Full Version : Bush gone

namvet
02-20-2016, 09:53 PM
no bucks no buck rogers

Republican presidential hopeful Jeb Bush suspended his once front-running campaign for the White House on Saturday, following a poor showing in the South Carolina primary.

“I’m proud of the campaign that we have run to unify our country,” Bush said. “But the people of Iowa and New Hampshire and South Carolina have spoken, and I really respect their decision. So tonight I am suspending my campaign.”

Bush was mired in single digits in South Carolina returns and had failed to place in the top three in any of the early contests. Bush, the former Florida governor, entered the 2016 presidential race as an early favorite, but steadily fell in the polls, despite having had a couple strong debate performances in recent weeks.

“The presidency is bigger than any one person,” Bush said during an emotional speech. “It is certainly bigger than any candidate.”

He added that he firmly believed "the American people must entrust this office to someone who understands that whoever holds it is a servant, not the master."

The Palmetto State handed both Bush’s father and brother crucial victories on their way to the White House.

Bush’s campaign seemed to struggle out of the gate. He first promised to run as his “own man” and distanced himself from his family but later relied on the Bush family name on the campaign trail. He also released a list of foreign policy advisers that had been part of previous Bush administrations.

link (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/02/20/bush-suspends-campaign-bows-out-2016-race.html?intcmp=hpbt3)

Voted4Reagan
02-21-2016, 07:57 AM
he stood no chance whatsoever...

Familial and Legacy Presidencies need to stop... The process needs to be opened to the people and it currently rests in the hands of a few...

This is WHY Trump is doing well.... He is an outsider... a loud, brash flamboyant outsider that speaks his mind and backs it up.

Goodbye Jeb... go be with your Family... 2 Bush's as President were enough.

Perianne
02-22-2016, 06:44 PM
Jeb was wrong.

Even though moderate Republican candidates lose presidential elections without the conservative base (see: George H.W. Bush ’92, Bob Dole ’96, Sen. John McCain (R-AZ)’08, Mitt Romney ’12), former Florida Governor and potential presidential candidate Jeb Bush thinks conservatives are not needed to win the White House.

Bush believes that a presidential candidate who is “willing to lose the primary to win the general” has the best shot at the White House.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2014/12/02/jeb-bush-republicans-don-t-need-conservatives-to-win-white-house-should-not-defund-exec-amnesty/

Black Diamond
02-22-2016, 07:09 PM
I hope this was the last hurrah for the Bushes.

If you can even call it a hurrah.

darin
02-23-2016, 01:34 AM
He's not dynamic. People want their president to be cool. Hip. Fun. It's completely based on popularity. Like High School.