PDA

View Full Version : Trump Leaves the Republican Party

Perianne
02-22-2016, 05:46 PM
October 24, 1999

Denouncing Patrick J. Buchanan as a ''Hitler lover,'' Donald J. Trump announced today that he was resigning his Republican registration in advance of a possible challenge to Mr. Buchanan in his expected quest for the Reform Party Presidential nomination.

But Mr. Trump insisted that his own decision to quit the Republican Party was rooted in philosophical differences with the party, not political gamesmanship or his appetite for personal publicity.

''I really believe the Republicans are just too crazy right,'' he said when he disclosed that he would register this week with the Independence Party, the New York version of the Reform Party. He said he would begin meeting with Reform Party officials in the next few months and make a final decision by March about whether to run.

Mr. Trump, who has never been a political candidate, clearly timed his announcement to target Mr. Buchanan, acidly denouncing him on the NBC News program ''Meet the Press'' as the candidate of the ''really staunch right wacko vote.''

''Look, he's a Hitler lover,'' Mr. Trump said, alluding to the recent debate over Mr. Buchanan's view that in World War II Hitler initially presented no serious threat to the United States.

What might have been had the great Pat Buchanan become president.

http://www.nytimes.com/1999/10/25/us/trump-quits-grand-old-party-for-new.html

Gunny
02-22-2016, 07:15 PM
October 24, 1999

What might have been had the great Pat Buchanan become president.

http://www.nytimes.com/1999/10/25/us/trump-quits-grand-old-party-for-new.html

I'm not much on conspiracy theories, BUT .... has anyone considered that Trump's agenda from the get-go was to wreck the Republican party? If it isn't, he's sure doing a good damned job of it nonetheless.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-23-2016, 08:45 AM
I'm not much on conspiracy theories, BUT .... has anyone considered that Trump's agenda from the get-go was to wreck the Republican party? If it isn't, he's sure doing a good damned job of it nonetheless.

The Republican leadership did that---not Trump. They've been ignoring the will of We the People for a solid 14 years now--push-back may look ugly but its well deserved.
WHAT THEY'VE DONE IS SIGN ON TO THE GLOBALIST AGENDA IMHO.
TRUMP ANSWERS THE CALL WE THAT PUT OUT OVER 8 YEARS AGO-- FOR SOMEBODY TO COME IN--KICK ASSES AND TAKE NAMES.
And he fits that bill even better than Cruz.
We see his utter contempt for them and we love it.
Once in he would likely compromise far less than Cruz would IMHO.
The is a reason my friend that he is number one --by a wide margin! Tyr

Gunny
02-23-2016, 09:49 AM
The Republican leadership did that---not Trump. They've been ignoring the will of We the People for a solid 14 years now--push-back may look ugly but its well deserved.
WHAT THEY'VE DONE IS SIGN ON TO THE GLOBALIST AGENDA IMHO.
TRUMP ANSWERS THE CALL WE THAT PUT OUT OVER 8 YEARS AGO-- FOR SOMEBODY TO COME IN--KICK ASSES AND TAKE NAMES.
And he fits that bill even better than Cruz.
We see his utter contempt for them and we love it.
Once in he would likely compromise far less than Cruz would IMHO.
The is a reason my friend that he is number one --by a wide margin! Tyr

I disagree to an extent. Trump has been holding that veiled threat from the get go. I've said as much more than once over the last 8 months. He doesn't get his way or his ass kissed, and he walks. Blaming the GOP for his actions doesn't cut it. The GOP hasn't liked him, don't like him, and aren't going to like him. He has no manners and is running one of the dirtiest campaigns out there.

I found it quite funny the other night when his poll numbers on "Who's running the dirtiest campaign?" were higher than his poll numbers as a candidate.

Trump hasn't kicked any ass. Name one person that matters that he's bullied and browbeat. He hasn't had any real opposition because no one wants to wrestle in the mud with a pig. Wait until the Dems get done watching him destroy the GOP and go after him.

As I said 8 months ago, and say today, he's a disaster. He's turned an easy win into grasping defeat from the jaws of victory. You'd think he was Danny White of the Cowboys and the game was on the line.:rolleyes: