PDA

View Full Version : Any of You Vets ...

Gunny
02-24-2016, 11:44 AM
get so much as your measely $5 per month pay raise this year? I want to know if it's just me. Seems to me Obama didn't even bother with that roll of pennies this time around.

CSM
02-24-2016, 12:04 PM
get so much as your measely $5 per month pay raise this year? I want to know if it's just me. Seems to me Obama didn't even bother with that roll of pennies this time around.

Didn't notice to be honest.

Gunny
02-24-2016, 12:07 PM
Didn't notice to be honest.

I did. I didn't get my annual laugh at having pennies tossed at me. :laugh:

fj1200
02-24-2016, 12:11 PM

Not a vet but is that tied to the CPI like SS benefits?

Cost-of-Living Adjustment (COLA) Information for 2016With consumer prices down over the past year, monthly Social Security and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits for nearly 65 million Americans will not automatically increase in 2016.
https://www.socialsecurity.gov/news/cola/

Gunny
02-24-2016, 12:18 PM
Not a vet but is that tied to the CPI like SS benefits?

https://www.socialsecurity.gov/news/cola/

I don't think so. They like to keep everything separate so they can pick and choose. For instance, if "the military" (meaning active duty) gets a raise, it doesn't mean retirees do. The same works with the VA. As a retiree, I can go to base and get better medical for free as a walk in than anyone collecting VA entitlements. They die before they get an appointment.

SS is a completely different coin purse.

Bilgerat
02-24-2016, 12:32 PM
It must have put me in a new tax bracket, as I've LOST a few shekels.:death:

Gunny
02-24-2016, 12:38 PM
It must have put me in a new tax bracket, as I've LOST a few shekels.:death:

What new tax bracket? I thought they kept our retirement pay about $5 above the poverty line so we can't get any handouts.:laugh: