PDA

View Full Version : Donald Trump Nabs First Congressional Endorsements

jimnyc
02-24-2016, 06:15 PM
Good? Bad? I never thought much of endorsements, quite frankly.

-----

After winning his third consecutive GOP primary contest Tuesday in Nevada, Donald Trump has landed his first congressional endorsements, the latest sign members of the Republican political establishment are coming to terms with the New York businessman securing the GOP presidential nomination.

Rep. Chris Collins, R-New York, a wealthy former businessman from upstate New York, said in a statement this morning that Trump "understands the importance of American exceptionalism, and has the unique qualifications to make America great again."

Rep. Duncan Hunter, R-California, told Politico this morning that he will support Trump’s bid for the GOP nomination for president, a message aimed at GOP primary voters and his own colleagues in Congress who have been reluctant to acknowledge Trump’s rise.

“We don’t need a policy wonk as president,” said Hunter, who previously supported Mike Huckabee's presidential bid. “We need a leader as president.”

On Monday, House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy told MSNBC he thinks Trump has a better than 50 percent chance at winning the GOP nomination for president.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donald-trump-nabs-congressional-endorsements/story?id=37165183

Kathianne
02-24-2016, 06:37 PM
The article I read said that Trump expects many more, but he doesn't care.

jimnyc
02-24-2016, 07:02 PM
The article I read said that Trump expects many more, but he doesn't care.

I never understood them much myself. I guess the ones folks want are senators and governors? Personally, I couldn't care less what the dummies said here in NY. I wonder how many actually vote based on endorsements, or how much weight do they really carry? Obviously they work or they wouldn't be doing them. I just don't like the idea much of having someone else steer my thoughts for me.

And he's lying in that department. They all want the endorsements, and I'm confident they all offer a little something, even if it's just a nod to keep them in mind for the future.

revelarts
02-24-2016, 07:56 PM
fingers in the wind...
time to climb aboard the band wagon.

politics is so scummy

jimnyc
02-24-2016, 08:36 PM
fingers in the wind...
time to climb aboard the band wagon.

politics is so scummy

Gotta agree there too. It's funny to watch how many start to endorse once they start thinking things are in hand, and that maybe an endorsement may come back to help them down the road. I think the only true way to be believed would have to be giving out these endorsements before things barely started, but even then you can never fully trust any of them.