PDA

View Full Version : change the voting age NOW !!!

namvet
02-26-2016, 01:23 PM
do you believe the voting age should remain at 18 or move it back to 21???

The Twenty-sixth Amendment (Amendment XXVI) to the United States Constitution standardized the voting age to 18. It was adopted in response to student activism against the Vietnam War and to partially overrule the Supreme Court's decision in Oregon v. Mitchell. It was adopted on July 1, 1971.
The Draft ended in 1973 which is 2 years after the legal age to vote was lowered to age 18, now that we no longer have a draft should the legal age be raised back to 21?
Here is something else to ponder before you answer the question....In 2009 the Estimate of Gang Members in the United States is 1 Million Members.......and the largest age group in Gangs is between the ages of 18 and 24..........how many Gang members do you think there were in 1971 when the age limit was lowered to 18? I am guessing it was and extremely small number back then......are these the children we want voting in our elections?
A lot of these kids cant even keep their pants up.....should we be allowing them to cast votes that shape our nation? Do they really understand the issues at hand with such little experience in life?
I say move it back to 21. these children today have the brains of a 14-16 year old and don't even know what politics is. they are more concerned with whats growing inside their pants. and they are being taken to cleaners by the liberal MSM. stop it now !!! I have already threatened my so called elected officials they will pay the direst of consequences on election day

this is not one damned bit funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33D3NOl0-ag&feature=youtu.be

Bilgerat
02-26-2016, 01:51 PM
My personal opinion is that not only should the voting age be changed, but that voting should be restricted to people who have preformed at least 1 year of continuous service to the Country.

Be it via the Military, Police, Firefighters to name a few.

However, the exception to this would be career politicians. Those type should NEVER be allowed to vote.

But that's just my opinion :laugh:

Abbey Marie
02-26-2016, 02:01 PM
I'm still holding out for an IQ/Current Events/US History/Constitution test.

pete311
02-26-2016, 02:12 PM
This is a comedy show which cherry picks and edits footage. If you can go to war at 18, you better be able to vote.

pete311
02-26-2016, 02:13 PM
I'm still holding out for an IQ/Current Events/US History/Constitution test.

And if you don't pass?

Abbey Marie
02-26-2016, 02:14 PM
And if you don't pass?

Study, and try again. There's that personal responsibility thing again.

jimnyc
02-26-2016, 02:20 PM

He probably thinks they should then make the tests easier and easier for them. There were firefighters, I think in NYC, that sued a while back. They/them/whoever, thought that 'some' of them should have easier tests? Because they were black? Different but the same. Folks think they should get free passes, because that's the environment we created. NO, either you pass for the position like others, or you do not! Same with military stuff we have all discussed for so long, regarding women - if they can pass all of their testing, let them in by all means!! But don't alter the level of challenge 'because' they are women. There is no personal responsibility for far too many folks anymore. Why bother working hard to succeed, or to better ones self?

Bilgerat
02-26-2016, 02:20 PM
And if you don't pass?\

https://img0.etsystatic.com/020/0/5213038/il_570xN.565517910_naeb.jpg

namvet
02-26-2016, 02:57 PM
This is a comedy show which cherry picks and edits footage. If you can go to war at 18, you better be able to vote.

I went to war. and still had to be 21 to vote

pete311
02-26-2016, 02:59 PM

mmmm how exactly do you study for an IQ test? You might have an idea that could make you filthy rich!

pete311
02-26-2016, 02:59 PM

Sucks for you

Abbey Marie
02-26-2016, 03:03 PM
mmmm how exactly do you study for an IQ test? You might have an idea that could make you filthy rich!

I'm not asking for a genius-level score. Just something above moron will do. And hey, I'm reasonable- if you pass the other tests, I'll spot you any needed points on the IQ test.

namvet
02-26-2016, 03:07 PM
these children are already shinning on to Hilary and burnt sanders. Hillary solely based on her sex. remember they voted for Obama based on race only. they don't shit from shinola. think about that when election day gets here

pete311
02-26-2016, 03:09 PM
I'm not asking for a genius-level score. Just something above moron will do. And hey, I'm reasonable- if you pass the other tests, I'll spot you any needed points on the IQ test.

This is the start of a class system. aka china and india. It is also Marxism. What would the founding fathers say?

Abbey Marie
02-26-2016, 03:12 PM
This is the start of a class system. aka china and india. It is also Marxism. What would the founding fathers say?

When they hear that so many know almost nothing nor care about the Constitution, our nation's history, or personal responsibility? I shudder to think.

Bilgerat
02-26-2016, 03:17 PM

Or drink.

tailfins
02-26-2016, 03:17 PM
They could do like Brazil : Mandatory at 18, optional at 16.

pete311
02-26-2016, 03:20 PM
When they hear that so many know almost nothing nor care about the Constitution, our nation's history, or personal responsibility? I shudder to think.

I think I had a 1/2 year of gov class in 9th grade. I agree it was not enough.

namvet
02-26-2016, 03:27 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aw8WIia47WE

namvet
02-26-2016, 03:28 PM
Or drink.

or drink

Bilgerat
02-26-2016, 03:58 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aw8WIia47WE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsxXty6vEBA

namvet
02-26-2016, 04:30 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsxXty6vEBA

im surprised they ever heard of trump

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-26-2016, 06:53 PM
do you believe the voting age should remain at 18 or move it back to 21???

The Twenty-sixth Amendment (Amendment XXVI) to the United States Constitution standardized the voting age to 18. It was adopted in response to student activism against the Vietnam War and to partially overrule the Supreme Court's decision in Oregon v. Mitchell. It was adopted on July 1, 1971.
The Draft ended in 1973 which is 2 years after the legal age to vote was lowered to age 18, now that we no longer have a draft should the legal age be raised back to 21?
Here is something else to ponder before you answer the question....In 2009 the Estimate of Gang Members in the United States is 1 Million Members.......and the largest age group in Gangs is between the ages of 18 and 24..........how many Gang members do you think there were in 1971 when the age limit was lowered to 18? I am guessing it was and extremely small number back then......are these the children we want voting in our elections?
A lot of these kids cant even keep their pants up.....should we be allowing them to cast votes that shape our nation? Do they really understand the issues at hand with such little experience in life?
I say move it back to 21. these children today have the brains of a 14-16 year old and don't even know what politics is. they are more concerned with whats growing inside their pants. and they are being taken to cleaners by the liberal MSM. stop it now !!! I have already threatened my so called elected officials they will pay the direst of consequences on election day

this is not one damned bit funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33D3NOl0-ag&feature=youtu.be

I agree 1000% in moving the voting age higher, I think 25 years old is about right.
And an IQ test to show voter has at least an average IQ ADDED ON TO BOOT.
STINKING DEM PARTY WOULD NEVER WIN ANOTHER NATIONAL ELECTION.- :laugh: --Tyr

namvet
02-26-2016, 07:52 PM
I agree 1000% in moving the voting age higher, I think 25 years old is about right.
And an IQ test to show voter has at least an average IQ ADDED ON TO BOOT.
STINKING DEM PARTY WOULD NEVER WIN ANOTHER NATIONAL ELECTION.- :laugh: --Tyr

agreed pal. i was thinking 24 or 25. but at least 21. they must grow up and lean something besides sex and skin color

aboutime
02-26-2016, 08:16 PM
I'll go back to the past, when logical thinking, and common sense prevailed on voting.

Age should be at least 18, to allow veterans in uniform to vote. Then, those who vote should be TAX-PAYING citizens who can prove they have paid their annual Income Taxes. Property owners, and those who are certified as being able to READ, WRITE, and COUNT, while not being on any forms of Government assistance programs, which should include at least a High School/GED education, and have NO CRIMINAL RECORD.

That would leave a small percentage of LEGAL AMERICANS as eligible to vote.

Little-Acorn
02-27-2016, 02:40 PM

One of the most popular sayings back then was by people saying, "Old enough to die for our country, but not old enough to vote for it."

BTW, when that amendment was ratified, Congress immediately passed a bill lowering the voting age nationwide to 18. I was in the White House with a musical touring group, and watched President Nixon sign the bill into law. So odd to see that famous face on an ordinary body.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-27-2016, 04:15 PM
One of the most popular sayings back then was by people saying, "Old enough to die for our country, but not old enough to vote for it."

BTW, when that amendment was ratified, Congress immediately passed a bill lowering the voting age nationwide to 18. I was in the White House with a musical touring group, and watched President Nixon sign the bill into law. So odd to see that famous face on an ordinary body.

25 years old, unless a veteran with 4 years service then its minimum 22 years old, otherwise must be 25!-Tyr

Perianne
02-27-2016, 06:05 PM
While everyone is talking about how old one must be to first vote, we should tell the Democrats when someone should no longer be allowed to vote.

Jeff
02-28-2016, 10:27 AM
agreed pal. i was thinking 24 or 25. but at least 21. they must grow up and lean something besides sex and skin color

Although I do agree with ya on moving the age I don't believe it will do anything on changing people from voting for skin color or sex. Hell what was it like 90% of blacks ( young and old ) voted for Obama just cause he was a brother, hell it was their turn now, they weren't even going to have to pay rent anymore. :rolleyes:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-28-2016, 10:39 AM
While everyone is talking about how old one must be to first vote, we should tell the Democrats when someone should no longer be allowed to vote.

Dem ghosts are so damn special that they came above ground just to vote!
And we should be asking since this is such a well known and verified truth
why are they allowed to do it decade after decade with no heads rolling over it??
No prison time, not even a light slap on the wrists.
Thats a sign on institutionalized corruption , promoted, defended and protected by government, media and dem party.
Heads should roll but instead we get Republicans accused of voting intimidation etc., by merely wanting voter ID to keep in all fair and square.
Dems are corrupt bastards. A fact...
If not stopped they will destroy this nation.... as its their damn agenda now.-Tyr

namvet
02-28-2016, 10:43 AM
Although I do agree with ya on moving the age I don't believe it will do anything on changing people from voting for skin color or sex. Hell what was it like 90% of blacks ( young and old ) voted for Obama just cause he was a brother, hell it was their turn now, they weren't even going to have to pay rent anymore. :rolleyes:

looks like that hope and change shit went down the stool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhHZcc1vPVA

sundaydriver
02-29-2016, 08:50 AM
I first voted at the legal age of 21. I think when the voting age was dropped to 18 the kids were more aware of what was happening in the country and the world than they are today. Raising it back to 21 and giving the kids some life experience before voting would be worthwhile.