PDA

View Full Version : Massachusetts

jimnyc
02-26-2016, 01:53 PM
I think we all know how liberal this state is. But yet... a sign? Surely if can bring in voters AND win there, it would say a lot. This one I am very curious about and can't wait to see how it turns out. This will show a lot about the independents and moderates that everyone has been talking about, and stating that whoever wins those votes will win it all. Right now I think Trump has a lead of like 20+ points.

-----

Donald Trump is poised to romp across the South on Super Tuesday, cementing a hold on the Republican presidential nomination. But it's little-watched and deeply liberal Massachusetts that's sending shivers down Democrats’ spines.

Massachusetts, they fear, is where Trump could chart a course to the White House.

The state — the largest non-Southern prize on the GOP calendar next week — is packed with the independent, blue-collar voters that will decide key general election states like Ohio, Pennsylvania and Michigan. And if Trump can trounce his Republicans rivals by pulling in those voters in Massachusetts on Tuesday, Democrats are afraid he could do the same to them nationwide in November.

"It’d be like the canary in the coal mine," said Doug Rubin, a Democratic strategist who helped steer Deval Patrick and Elizabeth Warren to statewide victories in Massachusetts. "If Trump is able to convince a lot of moderate-to-conservative independents to vote in the primary and he does really well here, that would be a warning sign for Democrats going forward."

Massachusetts is a bastion of Democratic power — and a virtual lock to go to the Democratic nominee in the general election — but it also has a deeply moderate streak that has enabled Republicans like Mitt Romney and Scott Brown to prevail in statewide contests. Their coalitions depended on wresting support from independent voters and the pockets of Reagan Democrats in industrial cities like Lowell, Quincy and Fall River. Rubin said sharply increased turnout in those cities, coupled with a blowout victory for Trump, would be a worrisome sign for Democrats.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/02/donald-trump-massachusetts-219804

Russ
02-26-2016, 02:33 PM
Hmmm, interesting. Since Mass is so overwhelmingly Democratic I'd be interested to see what percent of the total Mass voters like Donald Trump. If he is even getting good number amongst the Massachusetts independent and Dem voters, then it would be hard to see him not winning the election.

Abbey Marie
02-26-2016, 02:37 PM
Hmmm, interesting. Since Mass is so overwhelmingly Democratic I'd be interested to see what percent of the total Mass voters like Donald Trump. If he is even getting good number amongst the Massachusetts independent and Dem voters, then it would be hard to see him not winning the election.

Big- D Dem at that. They don't call it Taxachusetts for nuthin'. I've always wondered how a Republican ever wins that state. Some might say Romney was just a Rino, but true Dems usually don't like Republicans, period.

What a wacky, exciting year this has been.

jimnyc
02-26-2016, 02:45 PM

Yep, it'll be VERY difficult to weed through the results. That craphole is a liberal hot spot. It was fun to visit, and more fun to get the F out when I bailed! And of course it was business, you didn't think I went voluntarily, did you? :laugh:

tailfins
02-26-2016, 03:21 PM
Big- D Dem at that. They don't call it Taxachusetts for nuthin'. I've always wondered how a Republican ever wins that state. Some might say Romney was just a Rino, but true Dems usually don't like Republicans, period.

What a wacky, exciting year this has been.

You do know that Massachusetts has a lower income tax than Georgia , right? If it weren't for the housing shortage, it wouldn't be a bad place to live.

Bilgerat
02-26-2016, 03:22 PM
That craphole is a liberal hot spot.

You know of what you speak

http://weaponsman.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Peoples-Republic-of-Massachusetts.jpg

Abbey Marie
02-26-2016, 03:23 PM
You do know that Massachusetts has a lower income tax than Georgia , right? If it weren't for the housing shortage, it wouldn't be a bad place to live.

No, I didn't- thanks.

Bilgerat
02-26-2016, 03:26 PM
If it weren't for the housing shortage, it wouldn't be a bad place to live.

And the heroin problem

jimnyc
02-26-2016, 03:27 PM
And the heroin problem

And the liberal problem. They're infested.

Bilgerat
02-26-2016, 04:00 PM
And the liberal problem. They're infested.

http://www.political-humor.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/liberal-quarantine.jpg

Abbey Marie
02-26-2016, 04:07 PM
http://www.political-humor.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/liberal-quarantine.jpg

That includes me!