PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again, another bakery

jimnyc
02-26-2016, 05:05 PM
Likely a lawsuit coming :rolleyes: The end of the article says it best, IMO

-----

A small town bakery owned by a Christian family is under siege after they declined to bake a wedding cake for a gay couple.

Edie and David Delorme own the Kern’s Bake Shop in Longview, Texas — known around town for their petit fours and sugar cookies — and also their custom-made wedding cakes.

The Delormes are also devout Christians -- faithful members of a nearby Baptist church - and they run their bakery according to the tenets of their religious beliefs.

That became a problem on Feb. 17th when Ben Valencia and Luis Marmolejo requested the bakers make a cake for their upcoming wedding.

“I was up front with them,” Edie told me. “I said, ‘I’m sorry but we don’t provide wedding cakes for homosexual marriages.”

“We don’t do cakes that might conflict with our spiritual convictions,” she said. “It was not something personal against the two young men. We just need to be able to run our business in a way that honors God.”

She offered to provide the gay couple with a list of bakeries that would meet their needs, but she said the men simply walked out of the store.

A few days later she received a telephone call from the local newspaper. The gay couple had gone public — and had accused the Delorme family of discrimination.

“We just want equal rights,” David told me. “We want to be treated equally.”

Mr. Delmore raises a pretty good point. Shouldn’t Christian Americans have the same rights and privileges as LGBT Americans?

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/02/25/texas-bakers-face-threats-after-declining-to-bake-gay-wedding-cake.html

hjmick
02-26-2016, 05:19 PM
You know, I get it. I understand their point, I get the whole religious angle, and that's all well and good...

But after how many stories in this vein? After all the stories you'd think people would learn...

First, the gay couples can quit making their point, we get it, you want a cake, you want a particular baker to bake it, you want to wrap yourselves in the Constitution, swell. They don't want to. Why in the world would you want to force them to bake it? Have you ever heard of chocolate flavored Ex-Lax?

Second, to the bakers, photographers, florists, and every other service provider out there: these things NEVER end well for you and your ilk. Seriously. Never. These people are not asking you to attend, condone, or participate. They just want a fucking cake! You too can quit making your point, we get it. You love GOD and hate gays. Fine. Just bake them a cake, put together some arrangements, be the bigger person and move on.

Great googly moogly, this shit gets annoying...

jimnyc
02-26-2016, 05:21 PM
Great googly moogly, this shit gets annoying...

That's my saying, I stole it before you did! :poke:

hjmick
02-26-2016, 05:31 PM
That's my saying, I stole it before you did! :poke:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhHCcUnm4SI

fj1200
02-26-2016, 05:41 PM
Likely a lawsuit coming :rolleyes: The end of the article says it best, IMO

I'm guessing that they do not have the basis for a suit in Texas as they don't have an NDA law.

jimnyc
02-26-2016, 06:04 PM
I'm guessing that they do not have the basis for a suit in Texas as they don't have an NDA law.

Not that I didn't take your word for it, but I didn't take your word for it! I'm coming up empty. I still smell a lawsuit though, even if a failed one.

Abbey Marie
02-26-2016, 08:49 PM
Does anyone doubt this bakery was specifically targeted for this very reason? I call it harassment.

fj1200
03-01-2016, 10:50 AM
Not that I didn't take your word for it, but I didn't take your word for it! I'm coming up empty. I still smell a lawsuit though, even if a failed one.

Hmm...

Perianne
03-01-2016, 11:10 AM
Again, people should be able to do business - or NOT do business - with anyone they want or don't want.

Elessar
03-01-2016, 02:02 PM
Does anyone doubt this bakery was specifically targeted for this very reason? I call it harassment.

Well....I have seen numerous places post signs stating "We Reserve the Right to Refuse Service to Anyone".

Why is that not understood by Gays? They were even offered alternatives! Talk about being selfish and butt-hurt...

Perianne
03-01-2016, 02:14 PM
Well....I have seen numerous places post signs stating "We Reserve the Right to Refuse Service to Anyone".

Why is that not understood by Gays? They were even offered alternatives! Talk about being selfish and butt-hurt...

Gay bowel syndrome.

fj1200
03-02-2016, 09:50 AM
Again, people should be able to do business - or NOT do business - with anyone they want or don't want.

The racists ruined that for everyone.

It doesn't mean that they really can.

Perianne
03-02-2016, 09:57 AM
The racists ruined that for everyone.

Those bustard racists ruin everything!