PDA

View Full Version : Republican poll

07-15-2007, 08:14 PM
of the candidates remaining who would you vote for? ive included F. Thompson but not Newt because Thompson is far more certain to declare. Now that Gilmore is out i doubt much has changed but who knows. its been a while since we last did one of these.

nevadamedic
07-15-2007, 08:15 PM
of the candidates remaining who would you vote for? ive included F. Thompson but not Newt because Thompson is far more certain to declare. Now that Gilmore is out i doubt much has changed but who knows. its been a while since we last did one of these.

A poll didn't show up............

07-15-2007, 08:18 PM
A poll didn't show up............

thats cause you somehow posted before i finished writing it up.

07-15-2007, 08:18 PM
wikipedia says there are other Republican candidates that dont even have the name stature of the the lower tier candidates. weird.

nevadamedic
07-15-2007, 08:21 PM
thats cause you somehow posted before i finished writing it up.

:laugh2:

nevadamedic
07-15-2007, 08:23 PM
wikipedia says there are other Republican candidates that dont even have the name stature of the the lower tier candidates. weird.

Your pulling for Romney as well? What do you think about the rumors that he is going to pick Jeb Bush as his running mate?

JohnDoe
07-15-2007, 08:44 PM
Your pulling for Romney as well? What do you think about the rumors that he is going to pick Jeb Bush as his running mate?
I read this as well, about Jeb as the vp if Romney makes it... alot of money supposedly going his way from Jeb supporters too, I suppose?

I am not a Republican so I did not vote on this poll, but if I were a Republican I would probably vote for Ron Paul....to make a point, or I would probably support Duncan Hunter or Tancredo or even Romney.

If I were a Republican, I would not support Rudi and probably not Fred Thompson or Bloomberg, though they each have a good chance of putting on a good show.

I think Greenspan a few years back made a comment to an International Conference Audience that he could see the 2008 election won by an independent with a Bipartisan ticket....it was a strange comment for him to make back then?

He said it would or could be a ticket where there was a Republican President with a Democratic Vice President, to help heal the Country...

If Greenspan was "in the Know" way ahead of time, do you think Bloomberg could pick a Democratic vp for his ticket?

And IF so, who?

I know this seems ridiculous, but, WHAT IF? :D

07-15-2007, 08:47 PM
I read this as well, about Jeb as the vp if Romney makes it... alot of money supposedly going his way from Jeb supporters too, I suppose?

I am not a Republican so I did not vote on this poll, but if I were a Republican I would probably vote for Ron Paul....to make a point, or I would probably support Duncan Hunter or Tancredo or even Romney.

If I were a Republican, I would not support Rudi and probably not Fred Thompson or Bloomberg, though they each have a good chance of putting on a good show.

I think Greenspan a few years back made a comment to an International Conference Audience that he could see the 2008 election won by an independent with a Bipartisan ticket....it was a strange comment for him to make back then?

He said it would or could be a ticket where there was a Republican President with a Democratic Vice President, to help heal the Country...

If Greenspan was "in the Know" way ahead of time, do you think Bloomberg could pick a Democratic vp for his ticket?

And IF so, who?

Bloomberg is a Democrat anyway. the only reason he ran on the Republican ticket was they wouldnt let him run as the Democrat. it would hardly be bipartisan.

That and its rather dumb because its just asking for assassination. im sure there are enough wackos on either side whod be willing to take out the President if it means they get someone with their agenda in.

As for Jeb being Romney's VP pick. anythings possible but i think its unlikely that he has even considered it yet.

nevadamedic
07-15-2007, 08:49 PM

And IF so, who?

I've also noticed that Romney has hired a few people for his campaign from Jeb's office. That's one of the resons I think that this could be true.

nevadamedic
07-15-2007, 08:51 PM
Bloomberg is a Democrat anyway. the only reason he ran on the Republican ticket was they wouldnt let him run as the Democrat. it would hardly be bipartisan.

That and its rather dumb because its just asking for assassination. im sure there are enough wackos on either side whod be willing to take out the President if it means they get someone with their agenda in.

As for Jeb being Romney's VP pick. anythings possible but i think its unlikely that he has even considered it yet.

Bloomberg switched to Independent a caouple week's back.

Pale Rider
07-16-2007, 04:51 PM
I've pretty much made up my mind, with Newt lagging the race by not declaring yet, I'm voting for Tancredo first, Huckabee second. The perfect ticket would be those two together, in any configuration.

manu1959
07-16-2007, 05:01 PM
I've pretty much made up my mind, with Newt lagging the race by not declaring yet, I'm voting for Tancredo first, Huckabee second. The perfect ticket would be those two together, in any configuration.

well look at you loosening up on the gay issue....good for you....:laugh2:

nevadamedic
07-16-2007, 05:39 PM

Tancredo is really the best choice.

5stringJeff
07-16-2007, 10:27 PM
Given the names on the poll, who will be the nominee? Fred. Who do I want? Newt.

nevadamedic
07-16-2007, 10:56 PM
Given the names on the poll, who will be the nominee? Fred. Who do I want? Newt.

It's to late in the game for Newt to get in, he would be trailing. I think Tancredo is the best shot. He has strong stances on everything with a major focus on the Immigration crisis and that's what we need.

Pale Rider
07-20-2007, 07:42 PM
well look at you loosening up on the gay issue....good for you....:laugh2:

I never knew the smallest suggestion of together would spark such thoughts in you... I'll have to watch what I say.

Pale Rider
07-20-2007, 07:45 PM

I disagree Jeff. The rest of the pack have gotten a good head start on Fred, and in Iowa, Tancredo is the man on top.

I think Fred and Newt hanging back are hanging themselves. But we have a long time to go. I most assuredly could be wrong.

5stringJeff
07-21-2007, 10:29 AM
I disagree Jeff. The rest of the pack have gotten a good head start on Fred, and in Iowa, Tancredo is the man on top.

I think Fred and Newt hanging back are hanging themselves. But we have a long time to go. I most assuredly could be wrong.

Newt is hanging back on principle alone. Fred got a late start on the whole thing. Whenever either/both of them enter the race, they'll get a significant momentum swing, likely from Mitt Romney's current followers. Regradless, I'll be voting for a conservative Republican, or none at all.

By the way, in Iowa, Mitt Romney took the lead in the polls in June. See here:
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/ia/iowa_republican_caucus-207.html

Pale Rider
07-21-2007, 10:47 AM
Newt is hanging back on principle alone. Fred got a late start on the whole thing. Whenever either/both of them enter the race, they'll get a significant momentum swing, likely from Mitt Romney's current followers. Regradless, I'll be voting for a conservative Republican, or none at all.

By the way, in Iowa, Mitt Romney took the lead in the polls in June. See here:
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/ia/iowa_republican_caucus-207.html

I'll probably vote Republican too Jeff, because what it boils down to in the end is, "KEEP THE LIBERALS OUT OF THE WHITE HOUSE!"

5stringJeff
07-21-2007, 11:41 AM
I'll probably vote Republican too Jeff, because what it boils down to in the end is, "KEEP THE LIBERALS OUT OF THE WHITE HOUSE!"

I just took a candidate matching poll here (http://www.speakout.com/VoteMatch/senate2006.asp?quiz=2008). Their top recommendation for me was Sam Brownback, who's soft on immigration. But their #2 for me was Tancredo, who, aside from being a hawk on illegals, is pro-gun rights and pro-lower taxes. He's only OK on free trade, though, which bothers me. For instance, he voted for a free-trade agreement with Australia, but opposed CAFTA. Mike Huckabee was next, and he's a great match for me. Unfortunately, Newt and Fred are absent from the poll.

Pale Rider
07-21-2007, 11:53 AM
I just took a candidate matching poll here (http://www.speakout.com/VoteMatch/senate2006.asp?quiz=2008). Their top recommendation for me was Sam Brownback, who's soft on immigration. But their #2 for me was Tancredo, who, aside from being a hawk on illegals, is pro-gun rights and pro-lower taxes. He's only OK on free trade, though, which bothers me. For instance, he voted for a free-trade agreement with Australia, but opposed CAFTA. Mike Huckabee was next, and he's a great match for me. Unfortunately, Newt and Fred are absent from the poll.

Yup. Tancredo and Huckabee. However they're positioned on the Republican ticket would be fine with me.

Abbey Marie
07-21-2007, 11:54 AM
Interesting quiz. Looks like it's Duncan Hunter (yea!) and Tancredo for me.

Pale Rider
07-21-2007, 11:57 AM
Interesting quiz. Looks like it's Duncan Hunter (yea!) and Tancredo for me.

Now if Hannity will just STOP the constant drum beat for Giulliani.

5stringJeff
07-21-2007, 12:20 PM
Now if Hannity will just STOP the constant drum beat for Giulliani.

Giullani is out due to his stance on gun control.

Pale Rider
07-21-2007, 12:38 PM
Giullani is out due to his stance on gun control.

I believe so too. Stack that on top of his stance on abortion and he's dead in the water.