PDA

View Full Version : Most foreign insurgents in Iraq are Saudis: report

LiberalNation
07-15-2007, 08:55 PM
Weren't most of the 9/11 terrorists also Saudi. Seems like we attacked the wrong place if we wanted to fight terrorism.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/usiraqsaudimilitary;_ylt=ArCpi_3eFMjy._AlttA_96kDW 7oF

WASHINGTON (AFP) - Most foreign fighters and suicide bombers in Iraq come from Saudi Arabia, despite attempts by US officials to portray Syria and Iran as the main culprits of violence, a US newspaper reported Sunday.

Citing an unnamed senior US military officer and Iraqi lawmakers, the Los Angeles Times newspaper said about 45 percent of all foreign militants targeting US troops and Iraqi security forces were from Saudi Arabia, 15 percent from Syria and Lebanon, and 10 percent from North Africa

Official US military figures made available to The Times also show that nearly half of the 135 foreigners in US detention facilities in Iraq are Saudis, the report said.

Fighters from Saudi Arabia are thought to have carried out more suicide bombings than those of any other nationality, the paper said.

The senior US officer, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said 50 percent of all Saudi fighters in Iraq come as suicide bombers, The Times pointed out.

The situation has left the US military in the awkward position of battling an enemy whose top source of foreign fighters is a key ally that at best has not been able to prevent its citizens from undertaking bloody attacks in Iraq, and at worst shares complicity in sending extremists to commit attacks against US forces, Iraqi civilians and the Shiite-led government in Baghdad, the paper said.

nevadamedic
07-15-2007, 09:01 PM
Weren't most of the 9/11 terrorists also Saudi. Seems like we attacked the wrong place if we wanted to fight terrorism.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/usiraqsaudimilitary;_ylt=ArCpi_3eFMjy._AlttA_96kDW 7oF

WASHINGTON (AFP) - Most foreign fighters and suicide bombers in Iraq come from Saudi Arabia, despite attempts by US officials to portray Syria and Iran as the main culprits of violence, a US newspaper reported Sunday.

Citing an unnamed senior US military officer and Iraqi lawmakers, the Los Angeles Times newspaper said about 45 percent of all foreign militants targeting US troops and Iraqi security forces were from Saudi Arabia, 15 percent from Syria and Lebanon, and 10 percent from North Africa

Official US military figures made available to The Times also show that nearly half of the 135 foreigners in US detention facilities in Iraq are Saudis, the report said.

Fighters from Saudi Arabia are thought to have carried out more suicide bombings than those of any other nationality, the paper said.

The senior US officer, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said 50 percent of all Saudi fighters in Iraq come as suicide bombers, The Times pointed out.

The situation has left the US military in the awkward position of battling an enemy whose top source of foreign fighters is a key ally that at best has not been able to prevent its citizens from undertaking bloody attacks in Iraq, and at worst shares complicity in sending extremists to commit attacks against US forces, Iraqi civilians and the Shiite-led government in Baghdad, the paper said.

They maybe from Saudi Arabia or other countries, but Iraq was definatly a place that harbored them. Saddam gave them money and weapons. Another reason we wen't in there was the threat of nuclear weapons and the innocent slaughtering of millions of people.

JohnDoe
07-15-2007, 09:34 PM
They maybe from Saudi Arabia or other countries, but Iraq was definatly a place that harbored them. Saddam gave them money and weapons. Another reason we wen't in there was the threat of nuclear weapons and the innocent slaughtering of millions of people.

Nevada, this is not what has been reported, at least from everything that I have been able to read on it?

Do you have a link that supports what you just stated?

nevadamedic
07-15-2007, 09:56 PM
Nevada, this is not what has been reported, at least from everything that I have been able to read on it?

Do you have a link that supports what you just stated?

That what, Saddam gave them money and weapons? I saw that on several documentaries on the History Channel.

Psychoblues
07-16-2007, 12:52 AM
Check your dictionary. You can't be foriegn, in a national sense, and an insurgent at the same time. Confusing the two have sustained this unjust war for about 5 years now. Dig it?

Dilloduck
07-16-2007, 06:46 AM
Check your dictionary. You can't be foriegn, in a national sense, and an insurgent at the same time. Confusing the two have sustained this unjust war for about 5 years now. Dig it?

A terrorists' nationality is meaningless.

glockmail
07-16-2007, 07:28 AM
Weren't most of the 9/11 terrorists also Saudi. Seems like we attacked the wrong place if we wanted to fight terrorism.......

We attacked Iraq because Saddam was the biggest bully on the block. I wouldn't have any problem attacking the Saudies though. Is that what you're suggesting?

manu1959
07-16-2007, 05:07 PM
lets see......

US intelligence is now suddenly reliable when they were once liars ....

OBL wants to destroy saudi kingdom ....

everyone captured is from saudi ....

mulsims support lying to infidels....

yep i believe the report....

nevadamedic
07-16-2007, 06:30 PM
We attacked Iraq because Saddam was the biggest bully on the block. I wouldn't have any problem attacking the Saudies though. Is that what you're suggesting?

I think Iran should be our first priority.