PDA

View Full Version : May your first child be a masculine child

Abbey Marie
02-28-2016, 11:49 PM
So, I'm reading Tom Jones' autobiography (ehh), and he mentions that a mob guy gives him a "connected" bodyguard for his live club shows. That mob-connected bodyguard turns out to be none other than the pro wrestler who goes on to play Luca Brasi in The Godfather. His acting name is Lenny Montana, and he's the real deal in terms of the Mob. He did seem very authentic in the movie, didn't he? Cool.

:cool:

Black Diamond
02-28-2016, 11:51 PM
So, I'm reading Tom Jones' autobiography (ehh), and he mentions that a mob guy gives him a connected bodyguard for his live club shows. That mob-connected bodyguard turns out to be none other than the pro wrestler who goes on to play Luca Brasi in The Godfather. His acting name is Lenny Montana, and he's the real deal in terms of the Mob. Cool.

Good scene.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-29-2016, 12:17 AM
So, I'm reading Tom Jones' autobiography (ehh), and he mentions that a mob guy gives him a connected bodyguard for his live club shows. That mob-connected bodyguard turns out to be none other than the pro wrestler who goes on to play Luca Brasi in The Godfather. His acting name is Lenny Montana, and he's the real deal in terms of the Mob. Cool.

I once knew a guy that was as bad as any mob guy ever was. I never ran with him although he suggested we do a few things as a team. I always declined , because my idea of being tough involved not also being a criminal to boot.
I was young back then about 20 years later I heard that he got himself gunned down in a bar brawl.
He had no gun on him as he was out on parole. The shooter had no such restriction, thus after getting stomped, he pulled his gun and killed the guy.
The way I see it being tough, truly tough and it meaning something, should also require being smart or else one gets dead easily.
And dead, ain't no good place to be.. I saw a man stabbed to death back in 1981, in club parking lot by his own son. I phoned his wife to tell her which hospital he was being taken to and repeat the words he told me to say to her, "Honey, our son has killed me, I am going to die".. (he did,stabbed eight times with a hunting knife))
Found out later he died a couple minutes after the ambulance drove away rushing him to the hospital in Jonesboro.
I had a 45 minute drive to get home to shed my blood soaked clothes as he had bled all over me when I was holding him in that parking lot.
Another time, different place, I saw my friend Clyde get shot in the face at close range by a drunk woman in a bar but he survived.
I had told him leave her alone-she is crazy and may just shoot you. I'd seen her draw that pistol from her purse before and make threats to guys. He was lucky it was only a 25 caliber automatic and jammed after the first shot as she was steady squeezing that trigger trying to empty it. Lucky for me too as I stood behind him trying to get him to walk away, take his turn on the pool game we were playing when she started shooting. As he fell in front of me , I see that gun barrel aim right at my chest , her pulling the trigger on a jammed gun!

I am making damn sure that my son never hear about any of this! Sons so often try to be like fathers they admire--
I do not want him acting crazy like I did. I was lost back then and damn lucky to have survived!--Tyr