PDA

View Full Version : Rubio/Cruz or Cruz/Rubio.

Black Diamond
02-29-2016, 10:35 AM
What if they cut a deal to stop trump, one being at the top of the ticket and the other at the bottom? I can't imagine Romney and other establishment big shots haven't thought of this. Problem being they have already torn at each other . what do y'all think?

Kathianne
02-29-2016, 10:36 AM
What if they cut a deal to stop trump, one being at the top of the ticket and the other at the bottom? I can't imagine Romney and other establishment big shots haven't thought of this. Problem being they have already torn at each other . what do y'all think?

It's too late. :coffee:

NightTrain
02-29-2016, 10:57 AM
That would be a Bird in the Hand... but both of them have a hell of a lot of money and effort invested in being the Top Dog. Settling for shotgun probably rankles.

And, yeah... I think it's too late. Tomorrow we'll know who our guy is.

Abbey Marie
02-29-2016, 10:59 AM
That would be a Bird in the Hand... but both of them have a hell of a lot of money and effort invested in being the Top Dog. Settling for shotgun probably rankles.

And, yeah... I think it's too late. Tomorrow we'll know who our guy is.

I think we already know...

Black Diamond
02-29-2016, 11:11 AM

Can you envision rubio and Cruz getting behind trump once it really is over?

NightTrain
02-29-2016, 11:12 AM

I don't see any other outcome.

Every time someone says that, though, they end up eating their shoe.

NightTrain
02-29-2016, 11:13 AM

I do, for the good of the country.

Hellary or Sanders is unthinkable, no matter how much you personally dislike Trump.

Abbey Marie
02-29-2016, 11:13 AM

The band-waggoning has begun; why not Cruz, too?

But I cannot see Rubio doing it.

Black Diamond
02-29-2016, 11:49 AM
The band-waggoning has begun; why not Cruz, too?

But I cannot see Rubio doing it.

Tough to know. Hillary hated Obama and she endorsed him. I am just wondering if trump is different.

Black Diamond
02-29-2016, 11:51 AM
I do, for the good of the country.

Hellary or Sanders is unthinkable, no matter how much you personally dislike Trump.

Agreed. I just fear these folks are willing to destroy the country for the sake of the establishment.

NightTrain
02-29-2016, 12:03 PM
Agreed. I just fear these folks are willing to destroy the country for the sake of the establishment.

That's a scary thought, and a distinct possibility for sure.

But I think they'll come around.

Kathianne
02-29-2016, 12:06 PM
Ok, risking sounding like 'one of those you are talking about,' how is Trump 'not part of the elite or establishment?' For many, many, many years he funded both parties members, proudly. He's the consummate insider by any definition.

Now if you're talking about something else, I apologize in advance.

Black Diamond
02-29-2016, 12:09 PM
Ok, risking sounding like 'one of those you are talking about,' how is Trump 'not part of the elite or establishment?' For many, many, many years he funded both parties members, proudly. He's the consummate insider by any definition.

Now if you're talking about something else, I apologize in advance.
Maybe I am using "establishment" incorrectly. Trump has never held public office. He is not like any other candidate (Republican anyway) in his views/policies.
Maybe I should call his opposition "generic Republicans".

Kathianne
02-29-2016, 12:14 PM
Maybe I am using "establishment" incorrectly. Trump has never held public office. He is not like any other candidate (Republican anyway) in his views/policies.
Maybe I should call his opposition "generic Republicans".

Well some might see it more as 'conservatives' in the traditional sense have problems with someone in favor of keeping entitlements; large measures of Obamacare (a new entitlement); etc.

Some think 'illegal immigration' is the most important issue facing the US, others think it's fiscal insolvency. The Fed is going the way of states like IL, NJ, etc.

Now we're not going to agree, that's ok. I haven't a problem with disagreement. I do have a problem when being called 'unpatriotic' because of my views.

Black Diamond
02-29-2016, 12:22 PM
Well some might see it more as 'conservatives' in the traditional sense have problems with someone in favor of keeping entitlements; large measures of Obamacare (a new entitlement); etc.

Some think 'illegal immigration' is the most important issue facing the US, others think it's fiscal insolvency. The Fed is going the way of states like IL, NJ, etc.

Now we're not going to agree, that's ok. I haven't a problem with disagreement. I do have a problem when being called 'unpatriotic' because of my views.

You're very patriotic, I think. When I say the establishment may be destroying the country, I am thinking of Rubio, Cruz, and moreso Romney tearing down the nominee.. And thus helping Hillary win.
I think it's reckless for Romney to play Harry Reid with trump on his taxes. And this crazy story of trump university fraud.. These stories just happen to come out after Cruz and rubio have one last gasp??

Kathianne
02-29-2016, 12:26 PM
You're very patriotic, I think. When I say the establishment may be destroying the country, I am thinking of Rubio, Cruz, and moreso Romney tearing down the nominee.. And thus helping Hillary win.
I think it's reckless for Romney to play Harry Reid with trump on his taxes. And this crazy story of trump university fraud.. These stories just happen to come out after Cruz and rubio have one last gasp??

Well like it or not, it's a primary contest and as of today or even tomorrow, he's not the nominee. With the exception of Romney, they are fellow contestants in a race. Trump can't be upset at being treated in a like manner on personal attacks.

I have to agree with Abbey, it's very difficult to say what these guys will do down the line, IF Trump becomes the nominee. Right now it looks like Cruz could back him, Rubio seems to be scorching the earth. Time will tell.

Black Diamond
02-29-2016, 12:29 PM
Well like it or not, it's a primary contest and as of today or even tomorrow, he's not the nominee. With the exception of Romney, they are fellow contestants in a race. Trump can't be upset at being treated in a like manner on personal attacks.

I have to agree with Abbey, it's very difficult to say what these guys will do down the line, IF Trump becomes the nominee. Right now it looks like Cruz could back him, Rubio seems to be scorching the earth. Time will tell.

I can understand it more from Rubio and Cruz. They are fighting for their lives. Romney I don't get for several reasons.

Kathianne
02-29-2016, 12:34 PM
I can understand it more from Rubio and Cruz. They are fighting for their lives. Romney I don't get for several reasons.

I agree, something weird there. He should have just whispered that line to Rubio or Cruz. I do think there's fire under all that smoke of 'convention candidate.' It would be a tremendous mistake in a year with so many.