PDA

View Full Version : a reel project

namvet
02-29-2016, 07:44 PM
http://i67.tinypic.com/eq9wuw.jpg

brought this back from Nam. every guy brought a system home. a tuner amp, turntable a reel to reel and speakers, including headphones. I took this out of storage a few days ago and im going to see if it still works. I had to order blank tape and an empty take up reel because those are impossible to find around here. I also found an IM and an SM if repairs are needed. standby for hunting down spare parts. this machine went for around 300-350 overseas. almost 700 back in the states. I was able to find rubber cleaner here locally for pinch roller and capstan cleaning. so when the tape arrives stand by for heavy rolls as we used to say :laugh:

NightTrain
02-29-2016, 10:11 PM
Was that all solid state or were there a few vacuum tubes in those?

namvet
03-01-2016, 09:08 AM
Was that all solid state or were there a few vacuum tubes in those?

all solid state. that's what the diagram shows

Perianne
03-01-2016, 10:20 AM
I remember when I was a young teen, we went over to a friend's house after church. The boy of the family had gotten a small reel-to-reel tape thingy for Christmas. I thought it was the neatest thing ever. I wanted one so badly, but I knew we couldn't ever afford anything like that.

Of course, the boy being a boy, he right there recorded a fart on the tape recorder. It was tasteless, but funny to hear a toot on the recorder. :)

namvet
03-01-2016, 10:29 AM
I remember when I was a young teen, we went over to a friend's house after church. The boy of the family had gotten a small reel-to-reel tape thingy for Christmas. I thought it was the neatest thing ever. I wanted one so badly, but I knew we couldn't ever afford anything like that.

Of course, the boy being a boy, he right there recorded a fart on the tape recorder. It was tasteless, but funny to hear a toot on the recorder. :)

a high fidelity fart huh ?? :laugh:

Perianne
03-01-2016, 10:39 AM
a high fidelity fart huh ?? :laugh:

After all these years I still remember how it sounded. Kinda rip, riiiiiip, rip.