PDA

View Full Version : How will Rubio fare today

jimnyc
03-01-2016, 07:50 AM
So Cruz will likely win the majority in Texas, and therefore get the majority of delegates from Texas. I believe the majority of the other states today are shared delegate states as well. Is it possible that we see a surprise candidate emerge today? As in Cruz does well in Texas, Trump does well overall - but then Rubio gets the lions share of 2nd place? And if so, maybe that could propel him and others to fight even harder against Trump going forth, maybe make it a 2 man race? And in addition to that, would Cruz perhaps drop out if he is far into 3rd place after today?

And what if that were reversed, and it were Cruz taking 2nd overall? I think the first scenario looks more possible though, as I think Rubio is coming on stronger, but is it too late?

Perianne
03-01-2016, 09:12 AM
So Cruz will likely win the majority in Texas, and therefore get the majority of delegates from Texas. I believe the majority of the other states today are shared delegate states as well. Is it possible that we see a surprise candidate emerge today? As in Cruz does well in Texas, Trump does well overall - but then Rubio gets the lions share of 2nd place? And if so, maybe that could propel him and others to fight even harder against Trump going forth, maybe make it a 2 man race? And in addition to that, would Cruz perhaps drop out if he is far into 3rd place after today?

And what if that were reversed, and it were Cruz taking 2nd overall? I think the first scenario looks more possible though, as I think Rubio is coming on stronger, but is it too late?

Is Rubio really coming on stronger or is it the media that makes us think he is coming on stronger? Today we will see.

Personally, I hope Rubio gets so few votes that he feels forced to resign and go back to the Senate where he can push amnesty for illegals all over again.

jimnyc
03-01-2016, 09:18 AM
Is Rubio really coming on stronger or is it the media that makes us think he is coming on stronger? Today we will see.

Personally, I hope Rubio gets so few votes that he feels forced to resign and go back to the Senate where he can push amnesty for illegals all over again.

Honestly, I think he ends up doing better than Cruz today. Just how much the 3 of them split the vote? I'm clueless.

Perianne
03-01-2016, 09:26 AM
Honestly, I think he ends up doing better than Cruz today. Just how much the 3 of them split the vote? I'm clueless.

What would be the more interesting would be if Rubio fails badly. And then watching how the GOP responds.

NightTrain
03-01-2016, 09:41 AM

Rubio said that he doesn't like the Senate and he won't run for re-election either way.

That's a shame, because I think he has real potential. I'm suspicious of his true allegiance as far as immigration, but honestly I'm not sure where he really stands.

It looks to me like he adopted a more hard-line stance on it after it became apparent that voters like Trump's stance... but it's hard to say because everything is so muddled. Accusations from other running candidates don't carry much water with me because I know they'd probably all cheerily toss Granny under the bus if it got them a few more votes.

I saw a clip yesterday on Breitbart showing Rubio on a town council in FL somewhere, and they all unanimously voted to ban guns in parks... and that makes me uncomfortable. He may have changed his views on gun control, though... that was a while ago.

Perianne
03-01-2016, 10:02 AM
Rubio said that he doesn't like the Senate and he won't run for re-election either way.

That's a shame, because I think he has real potential. I'm suspicious of his true allegiance as far as immigration, but honestly I'm not sure where he really stands.

It looks to me like he adopted a more hard-line stance on it after it became apparent that voters like Trump's stance... but it's hard to say because everything is so muddled. Accusations from other running candidates don't carry much water with me because I know they'd probably all cheerily toss Granny under the bus if it got them a few more votes.

I saw a clip yesterday on Breitbart showing Rubio on a town council in FL somewhere, and they all unanimously voted to ban guns in parks... and that makes me uncomfortable. He may have changed his views on gun control, though... that was a while ago.

I know he has said he won't return to the Senate and I believe him.

Here is what I wish he would do and I would accept it and applaud him. I wish he would say "Hey, I was wrong and I messed up concerning the Gang of Eight stuff". If he would admit the errors of his ways instead of lying about it he might attract more following.

I have had a life where I have had to size up men for my own safety. I fear many men. I find Rubio creepy and untrustworthy. There is something wrong with him, though I can't put my finger on it.

For what it's worth, I find many men on here to be good men, like you, NightTrain, and Jim, and Tyr, and Drummond, Jeff, LTG and many others. I have read your posts and would trust you in person and feel you would never do me harm. To me, Rubio does not fall into that category...just my two cents on him.