PDA

View Full Version : Dementia

Perianne
03-01-2016, 10:22 AM
I turned off my laptop, a Macbook Pro, and couldn't remember the password when I turned in back on. So, I am using it in guest mode. Anyway, when I click on certain links here, it comes up:

Oops! You can't see pages on this website.
You can't see the page “http://www.debatepolicy.com/show
thread.php?46522-Funny-pictures-and-videos&p=801356” because it was blocked by parental controls.

:laugh:

jimnyc
03-01-2016, 10:24 AM
Couldn't even begin to help with that predicament, I don't know anything about Mac's. Hate them things. :salute:

Perianne
03-01-2016, 10:28 AM
Couldn't even begin to help with that predicament, I don't know anything about Mac's. Hate them things. :salute:

I was the same way, Jim, until I finally broke down and bought one after getting sick of Microsoft's crap. it has been a GREAT laptop for many years. It is not the laptop's fault I can't remember the password.

I am probably in the early stages of dementia, lol.

indago
03-01-2016, 10:41 AM
I was the same way, Jim, until I finally broke down and bought one after getting sick of Microsoft's crap. it has been a GREAT laptop for many years. It is not the laptop's fault I can't remember the password.

I am probably in the early stages of dementia, lol.

I use a MacBook Pro, bought several years ago. While I was ordering it on the phone, the Rep asked me if I wanted the mechanical hard drive or the new solid state. I said the mechanical, as I had been used to them. After we concluded the transaction and I was off the phone, I got to thinking about the solid state, and called him back. I said to change the order to the solid state, which cost a significant sum more. He changed the order, and asked why I changed my mind. I told him that might as well move along with the times; why cling to the old.

Haven't had any problems with this Mac. I started with Mac, and Mac will probably be the last computer I use.

Elessar
03-01-2016, 10:55 AM
I've always had pretty good luck with both my HP desktop PC and my HP lappy.

The only thing I do not like is the Windows 10 on the PC. I am not
techie enough to figure some of the features out, and the tutorial was worthless.
Windows 7 is much better.

Perianne
03-01-2016, 10:59 AM
The reason I bought a Mac was I had bought a laptop a few months before, running Microsoft. Within a couple of months, the thing was so bogged down with viruses and trash that it would not even boot up. I threw it away and went and got a Mac. No problems since then and it has been with me daily for about four years now.

Perianne
03-01-2016, 07:58 PM
I fixed it. I fixed it. La la la la.

:dance: