PDA

View Full Version : Vomit From Hell

Perianne
03-01-2016, 10:55 AM
So, Friday night I left for work around 6:30 p.m. My daughter got home from work around 7:30 p.m. In the meantime, our new doggie, Peanut, knocked the trash can over and ate something. Something bad. I have no idea what she ate or even what was in the trash that was so bad to eat.

Whatever it was, it was poisonous. She started having tremors and it turned into worse tremors. My daughter took her immediately to the Emergency Vet. They recognized it as a poisoning of neurotoxins. They gave her some wonderful medical care and she is now home and more-or-less back to normal. $800.

On the way to the vet, Peanut suffered severe vomiting in my daughter's car. Peanut's stomach juices combined with whatever she ate to produce the foulest odor ever in the history of mankind. We have let the car air out for a couple of days and are taking it today to a professional for cleaning. I fear the interior is finished.

It reminds me of the Seinfeld episode.

jimnyc
03-01-2016, 10:58 AM
So, Friday night I left for work around 6:30 p.m. My daughter got home from work around 7:30 p.m. In the meantime, our new doggie, Peanut, knocked the trash can over and ate something. Something bad. I have no idea what she ate or even what was in the trash that was so bad to eat.

Whatever it was, it was poisonous. She started having tremors and it turned into worse tremors. My daughter took her immediately to the Emergency Vet. They recognized it as a poisoning of neurotoxins. They gave her some wonderful medical care and she is now home and more-or-less back to normal. $800.

On the way to the vet, Peanut suffered severe vomiting in my daughter's car. Peanut's stomach juices combined with whatever she ate to produce the foulest odor ever in the history of mankind. We have let the car air out for a couple of days and are taking it today to a professional for cleaning. I fear the interior is finished.

I saw that one, the worst BO ever from the valet! :laugh:

Glad to hear the doggy is ok

Elessar
03-01-2016, 10:58 AM
In the meantime, try scrubbing the interior with Simple Green full strength.
That stuff will even clean out spilled milk odors (notice them on a hot day).

Perianne
03-01-2016, 11:02 AM
In the meantime, try scrubbing the interior with Simple Green full strength.
That stuff will even clean out spilled milk odors (notice them on a hot day).

I thought about home care for it, but it is truly an odor from the pits of hell. I have never smelled anything like it. I know that some types of cleaning will "set" the odor. So, we decided to let a professional clean it. My daughter's car is a fairly new Camry. She keeps it very clean.

If they can't get the odor out, I will try the Simple Green and maybe some other stuff. If that doesn't do it, we will take it to Toyota and order new interior carpets.

Perianne
03-01-2016, 11:04 AM
I saw that one, the worst BO ever from the valet! :laugh:

Glad to hear the doggy is ok

Thanks, Jim. I felt so bad because she seemed hungry as I was walking out the door. I figured my daughter would be home soon and would feed her.

I felt bad because maybe she was so hungry she thought eating the trash was a good idea. I felt like a bad mommy. :(

Elessar
03-01-2016, 11:07 AM
I thought about home care for it, but it is truly an odor from the pits of hell. I have never smelled anything like it. I know that some types of cleaning will "set" the odor. So, we decided to let a professional clean it. My daughter's car is a fairly new Camry. She keeps it very clean.

If they can't get the odor out, I will try the Simple Green and maybe some other stuff. If that doesn't do it, we will take it to Toyota and order new interior carpets.

Just do NOT use bleach!

Perianne
03-03-2016, 11:53 AM
We got the car back from the professional.... still stinky, though not as strong. My daughter says they use coffee grounds at work to soak up stinky odors, so she is trying that for now.

DLT
03-03-2016, 01:46 PM

Yeah, the Seinfeld BO episode was priceless. Sounds like you need a few gallons of vinegar DIY cleaner for that car now. There is also enzyme sprays that you might try.

http://www.wag.com/html/sg/enzyme-odor-neutralizer.html

Good luck!