PDA

View Full Version : CNN's response to Michael Moore

nevadamedic
07-15-2007, 10:18 PM
In response to a letter Michael Moore wrote about CNN's reporting on his documentary "SiCKO," a CNN spokesperson released the following statement:

"It's ironic that someone who has made a career out of holding powerful interests accountable is so sensitive to having his own work held up to the light by impartial journalists, as we did in our examination of 'SiCKO,' " the spokesperson said.

"In our original report, we made one mistake, which we apologized for and corrected on air and online six days ago, despite Mr. Moore's claim yesterday in his letter to us. Further, the e-mail Mr. Moore released in an effort to cast doubt on our reporting does no such thing.

"We appreciate Mr. Moore's attention to the important subject of health care and have featured him on CNN four times to discuss his movie and our reporting on it. While Mr. Moore may want to continue the discussion in order to drive publicity to his movie, we have presented the facts and are comfortable letting the viewers judge for themselves.

"We have zero vested interest in shading the numbers to tell a certain story. Suggesting otherwise, of Dr. Gupta or of CNN, just doesn't hold water," the spokesperson concluded.

CNN has always prided itself on balanced reporting of claims made by special-interest groups. Moore's documentary "SiCKO," which makes an impassioned case for a complete overhaul of the U.S. health care system, was not exempt from that reporting.

Moore has been sharply critical of CNN's reporting on his movie. CNN gave him multiple opportunities to respond, including lengthy segments on "The Situation Room" and "Larry King Live." Portions of those segments were aired in other CNN programs.

Moore recently posted and open letter and two so-called "Truth Squad" statements on his Web site. This document responds to the specific points Moore lays out..........

Full Article...........
http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Movies/07/15/moore.gupta/index.html

This is a really good article if you click on the link and read the rest. CNN points out eleven things that were wrong on Sicko. Excellent research and article. Michael Moore will say anything to sell a movie and should be held accountable.

Abbey Marie
07-15-2007, 10:30 PM
The only surpise would be if the movie didn't contain multiple deliberate inaccuracies. What little credibility MM may have still had, is shot.

stephanie
07-15-2007, 10:32 PM
I'm beginning to wonder, if this whole thing wasn't a set up for ratings by both CNN and Moore.....Sorta like the View pulled with Rosie...

Since both CNN and Sicko is sinking faster than a turd going down a toilet...

I could really care less.. I don't watch CNN, or Moore's movies...:laugh2:

Abbey Marie
07-15-2007, 10:35 PM
I'm beginning to wonder, if this whole thing wasn't a set up for ratings by both CNN and Moore.....Sorta like the View pulled with Rosie...

That loud sound you hear is the thud of MM's film career hitting the ground at warp speed.

nevadamedic
07-15-2007, 10:39 PM

That would be really unethical, oh wait it's MM were talking about nevermind!:laugh2:

Also I like where CNN put that they are unbiased, but they clearly take the Liberal stance on everything.

Yurt
07-15-2007, 11:32 PM
That loud sound you hear is the thud of MM's film career hitting the ground at warp speed.

I didn't hear anything... i think the career was a figment of his imagination

nevadamedic
07-15-2007, 11:41 PM

:laugh2:

Abbey Marie
07-15-2007, 11:44 PM

I wish that were true, but this fraud has gotten lots of media attention, and I am sure, lots of money, too.

Psychoblues
07-16-2007, 04:40 AM
Reckon that was any "Liberal Bias"?

stephanie
07-16-2007, 04:47 AM
Reckon that was any "Liberal Bias"?

Nope...

Just........slanted the way they wanted it...........

So???

Who really gives a shit?:coffee: