revelarts
03-02-2016, 10:01 AM
a list of some of the issues

Foreign Policy/WAR/Rhinelan.. Homeland security
more War in Afghanistan
more War in Iraq
War on Muslims in general
War on Terror
More Drone striking other countries -Pakistan, Yeman, Somolia more...
TSA, expanding in airports, bus stations and highways
Gitmo
Iran
Russia
Close internet
Support "friendly" terrorist

Constitutional issues
CiC attacking others countries without congress
CiC can Kill ANYONE including citizens.
CiC put ANYONE including citizen in jail indefinitely without trial
CiC searches, spying on citizens without warrants
Free speech zones
Eminent Domain
Bare Arms
Torture
Religious Freedom
States Rights

Drugs
personally Got high, smoked weed or more
Enforce the drugs laws
Have troops in Afghan elsewhere protecting poppies
Wrist slap banks and others for drug money laundering
Look the other way or assist NATO/CIA drug activities
legalize weed

Domestic/Social
Abortion
Planned Parenthood
Same sex marriage
Gov't health care
Global -not man made- warming
EPA
Welfare
Education dept
Common Core

Governance/Law enforcement
Cover for the Bush and Obama's crimes
Big companies Banks, Oil, Big Ag, slaps on wrist for major crimes
Lobbyist, super pacs etc
UN and globalist influence
Supreme court nominees
Gov't Transparency?
Punished and jailed gov't whistle blowers
Term limits

Economy
NAFTA, GAT, TPP
Free Trade
Corporate Bail Outs
Tariffs
US Jobs
Banks, Banking Scandals regs
the Federal Reserve
National Debt
Deficit Spending
Crony capitalism
Corporate Taxes
general taxes
Minimum wage

Immigration,
Ban Muslims
Build Wall
Deport
Use existing laws

Personally the only issues above that i think Trump is clearly better than Hillary on are
the Right to bear arms, NAFTA, GAT, TPP, Religious Freedom, Planned Parenthood, Education dept, Common Core, general taxes, Planned Parenthood, Lobbyist, UN and globalist influence.

Other than those I think they are basically the same or bad in different ways.
Some may try and tell me Trump agrees with me on this or that issue as well.
well if i didn't put it on my list it's because even if he said it I don't believe him because of his past actions or words or similar issues where he's not been consistent.

on Supreme court nominees, frankly i have ZERO idea what kind of nominee Trump would try to appoint. I suspect one that'd agree with whatever he wanted at the moment. I know Hillary's will be horrific. Trump is a wild card here so he'd be a better bet, but not a sure bet at all.

I have to say this as well. I don't trust Trump as far as i can throw him.
And for the 1st time since i was a kid, since Nixon, i have to say that I personally don't like this guy. ---or Hillary either, she's a just stinks of insincerity---. But with most candidates I don't care much about my personal feelings. I don't think about sitting down and hanging out with them. i want them to be president not my buddy. But still i've found most of them OK personality wise, since most are fairly charming or at least charming sociopaths.

But Trump rubs me wrong and that takes a lot. Among his personality traits I really hate is the way he's talked about women. Look, If I said some of the things he's said to Kathianne, Abby, Wicca, perianne or even gabby many of you guys heads would have exploded and you'd be calling for my blood. But as longs Trump claims he's banning muslims and building a wall it doesn't matter, he can spit in folks mother's faces and you'd still vote Trump and or Republican i guess.

Also I don't think he's got a handle on what the job is or the constitution.
and I think he's mainly running on bluster.
And since i see him as a snake oil salesman I really have no clear idea what his true agenda is beyond getting elected.

Is he the lesser of 2 evils, yes. Hillary is evil and self serving.
Could i bring myself to vote Trump I don't know, I'm really extremely concerned about the nation.
the party establishments are turning the country into a berurcratic police state run by corporate crooks and international minded left leaning anti freedom social engineers. And they have the public fighting over BS.

Trump is not a good answer and but Hillary is horror show, and a clear continuation of Bush, Clinton, Bush, Obama, policies that ALL together have gotten us here.

Perianne
03-02-2016, 10:14 AM
revelarts, I don't agree with the issues you listed, but I, too, have doubts about Trump. It's sorta "wait and see" type of thing and that makes me nervous.

As anyone who reads knows, the biggest issue for me is ridding our country of illegals. If he achieves that, I will praise him.

Kathianne
03-02-2016, 10:22 AM
I admire anyone that bothers to include so many issues in considering their choices.

I agree with the misogynist aspects of the man, Hillary will certainly focus on that.

I can't say I have such a comprehensive list, really I look at their past stands and some of what they currently say to get a 'feel' for a candidate based on either my own initial reaction to what I know or have read or heard. Then I research some to find out whether or not my initial attraction is warranted. Always have used that formula, mostly has worked well for me.

Did the same with Trump, still worked for me. I think he hasn't a core beyond wanting a strongman, which now means himself, leading the country. In general, the Constitution prevents that by checks and balances, for good reasons. I think he may well be elected, but he will not be able to rule the way he hopes. Not in this country, even today.

Destroying treaties takes the Senate-it's not going to go all 'Let's have some trade wars...' Indeed there would certainly be some snark on 'bringing Trump projects back to USA from China, Taiwan, etc.'

That example is but one of the problems I have with the inherent hypocrisy of the candidate, didn't even have to bring up the University as either a con or how ineffective his argument of 'using the best people,' is.

I pretty much have resigned myself to watching what happens if, as I expect, he wins the general thanks to Hillary.

I don't think any of us are going to be happy with what actually unfolds. I do hope I'm wrong, but said the same after Obama's first win.