PDA

View Full Version : 6 New Jersey newspapers call for Chris Christie to resign

jimnyc
03-02-2016, 12:49 PM
I'm no real fan of Christie, but I disagree that one should resign because they endorsed someone that others don't like. And yes, that's absolutely where I believe this emanates from.

Growing up in NJ, I used to read 3 of those newspapers all the time, many moons ago. The Home News Tribune was the most read. They are owned by Gannett, the same company where the lovely lady printed out officers home addresses because she doesn't like guns.

Anyway, Christie ain't gonna resign. They got the arrogant part correct!

-----

To say New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie had a rough day on Tuesday would be an understatement.

Six New Jersey newspapers issued a joint editorial calling on Christie to resign following his failed presidential campaign and subsequent endorsement of Republican frontrunner Donald Trump.

“We’re fed up with Gov. Chris Christie’s arrogance,” the papers wrote. “We’re fed up with his opportunism. We’re fed up with his hypocrisy. We’re fed up with his sarcasm. We’re fed up with his long neglect of the state to pursue his own selfish agenda. We’re disgusted with his endorsement of Donald Trump after he spent months on the campaign trail trashing him, calling him unqualified by temperament and experience to be president.”

The newspapers — the Asbury Park Press, the Bridgewater Courier-News, the Cherry Hill Courier-Post, the East Brunswick Home News Tribune, the Vineland Daily Journal and the Morristown Daily Record, each owned by Gannett — published the call for Christie’s resignation a day after the governor held a contentious press conference where he refused to answer questions related to his endorsement of Trump because, he said, “I don’t want to.”

https://www.yahoo.com/politics/new-jersey-newspapers-call-for-christie-to-resign-144350557.html

NightTrain
03-02-2016, 01:08 PM
Sounds like CEO Robert Dickey of Gannet is a tad butt hurt.

The arrogance he's displaying is a bit outlandish in calling for Christie to resign because he didn't endorse who Dickey wanted.