PDA

View Full Version : Voter turnout

jimnyc
03-02-2016, 01:39 PM
Some said that Trump would have voters stay at home. I think we're seeing the opposite.

http://i.imgur.com/EIICWfL.jpg

Kathianne
03-02-2016, 02:07 PM
No doubt 24/7 coverage brings them out.

jimnyc
03-02-2016, 02:13 PM
No doubt 24/7 coverage brings them out.

I don't think people are coming out to vote simply because something is on TV. More like people coming out because the state of the country sucks and the majority of the politicians suck and the majority of them lied. People want change. That's what brings them out.

Kathianne
03-02-2016, 02:16 PM
I don't think people are coming out to vote simply because something is on TV. More like people coming out because the state of the country sucks and the majority of the politicians suck and the majority of them lied. People want change. That's what brings them out.

The coverage and the tweets have done it. Whether one thinks it's because of anger or because of publicity doesn't really matter, those voting in the Republican contests are showing up in huge numbers.

jimnyc
03-02-2016, 02:21 PM
The coverage and the tweets have done it. Whether one thinks it's because of anger or because of publicity doesn't really matter, those voting in the Republican contests are showing up in huge numbers.

That they are - and the exit polls are sure talking a LOT more about Washington sucking, and anger - and I really haven't seen any of them talking about Twitter. But correct, in the end all that matters is that they are in fact showing up. This was against what some had said in the past, so that's a good thing for Trump.