PDA

View Full Version : Carson out?

jimnyc
03-02-2016, 03:25 PM
Still in, but out at the same time it seems.

-----

Following a poor performance on Super Tuesday, Ben Carson announced on Wednesday that he sees no “path forward” in the race for the Republican nomination and will not attend Thursday’s Fox News GOP debate in his hometown of Detroit.

“I do not see a political path forward in light of last evening’s Super Tuesday primary results,” Carson said in a statement. “However, this grassroots movement on behalf of ‘We the People’ will continue. Along with millions of patriots who have supported my campaign for president, I remain committed to Saving America for Future Generations. We must not depart from our goals to restore what God and our Founders intended for this exceptional nation.”

“Even though I will not be in my hometown of Detroit on Thursday, I remain deeply committed to my home nation, America,” he added.

Carson said he will address his political future on Friday in a speech at the Conservative Political Action Conference outside Washington, D.C.

https://www.yahoo.com/politics/ben-carson-sees-no-path-forward-191755324.html

Abbey Marie
03-02-2016, 03:31 PM
I feel very good about the fact that I supported such a classy guy, and that he never strayed from his path of integrity.

God bless you, Dr. Carson.

jimnyc
03-02-2016, 03:39 PM
I feel very good about the fact that I supported such a classy guy, and that he never strayed from his path of integrity.

I do feel a little sad for him. I too think he is a VERY classy guy. I didn't know much about him at first, but he grew on me, and of course I liked a lot of his stances. I sure wouldn't mind at all if he were to get some sort of position once this is all said and done.

Black Diamond
03-02-2016, 03:53 PM
I do feel a little sad for him. I too think he is a VERY classy guy. I didn't know much about him at first, but he grew on me, and of course I liked a lot of his stances. I sure wouldn't mind at all if he were to get some sort of position once this is all said and done.

Surgeon General?

glockmail
03-02-2016, 03:55 PM
Surgeon General?A no brainer there.

jimnyc
03-02-2016, 04:01 PM
Surgeon General?

I read one article about VP, but I think your idea makes a lot more sense.

Kathianne
03-02-2016, 04:34 PM

I agree wholeheartedly. I just wish he would have totally suspended and dealt today with whatever it is he is going to put off until Friday.

Abbey Marie
03-02-2016, 04:35 PM
I agree wholeheartedly. I just wish he would have totally suspended and dealt today with whatever it is he is going to put off until Friday.

Do you think it would matter? I think it is good that he is not doing the debate.

Kathianne
03-02-2016, 04:38 PM
Do you think it would matter? I think it is good that he is not doing the debate.

I don't think it will change much, which is sad. On the other hand, I think until he 'suspends' he's still accepting donations-which gives some hope? I know I've seen his spots on facebook asking for $2. There's been some stuff that some of those that clamored for him to run have made a lot of money off of his campaign-through running it, marketing items, and selling his lists. I don't know if true, but would be a shame if so.

Abbey Marie
03-02-2016, 04:43 PM
I don't think it will change much, which is sad. On the other hand, I think until he 'suspends' he's still accepting donations-which gives some hope? I know I've seen his spots on facebook asking for $2. There's been some stuff that some of those that clamored for him to run have made a lot of money off of his campaign-through running it, marketing items, and selling his lists. I don't know if true, but would be a shame if so.

Even if true, that's on them.

Kathianne
03-02-2016, 04:45 PM
Even if true, that's on them.

Very true, I don't think he'd do a money making scheme for his own purposes, I hope he wasn't just being manipulated by bad people.

Not suspending though and putting out discussing a few days later, is unusual. I think it was Christie who said, "I'm going home and think about a path," suspended the next day?

Abbey Marie
03-02-2016, 04:48 PM
Very true, I don't think he'd do a money making scheme for his own purposes, I hope he wasn't just being manipulated by bad people.

Not suspending though and putting out discussing a few days later, is unusual. I think it was Christie who said, "I'm going home and think about a path," suspended the next day?

Maybe it is just hard to give up the dream? Now that he is so well known, he probably has a shot at making a difference in some unanticipated ways. I would like to see him as Sec. of State. I have no doubt he's a quick study, and his thoughtful intelligence and calm demeanor would be a 180 from Hillary.

Perianne
03-02-2016, 05:32 PM
I think he has earned some position of respect. But Hillary or some other Democrat will win, so, probably not.

revelarts
03-02-2016, 07:12 PM
Maybe it is just hard to give up the dream? Now that he is so well known, he probably has a shot at making a difference in some unanticipated ways. I would like to see him as Sec. of State. I have no doubt he's a quick study, and his thoughtful intelligence and calm demeanor would be a 180 from Hillary.

Carson would work in a lot of head post.
FDA, Health and Human Services, Dept of Agriculture, EPA, Dept of EDU (if we're going have EDU anyway at least have someone that has really applied education).

Cruz would be an interesting Attorney General

Rand Paul vice president

Kasich Sectary of State too

Abbey Marie
03-02-2016, 07:16 PM
I suspect that if Trump wins, he has lots of people to reward with a nice position. I doubt he would choose any of the other candidates, except Christie. He obviously has plans for him.

Perianne
03-02-2016, 07:19 PM
I suspect that if Trump wins, he has lots of people to reward with a nice position. I doubt he would choose any of the other candidates, except Christie. He obviously has plans for him.

HA! I just started a thread on Trump's veep, and I said Christie, also.

Be vary afraid, Abbey. You are thinking like me. :)

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?54152-Trump-Veep&highlight=

darin
03-03-2016, 02:12 AM
America is stupid for not electing that man.

Voted4Reagan
03-03-2016, 05:45 AM
I really wanted to him to win.... but seems most candidates I Like never get as far as the NY Primaries for me to cast my vote for them...

Kathianne
03-03-2016, 06:01 AM
I really wanted to him to win.... but seems most candidates I Like never get as far as the NY Primaries for me to cast my vote for them...I feel your pain. My first choice was Scott Walker.

Voted4Reagan
03-03-2016, 06:40 AM
I feel your pain. My first choice was Scott Walker.

I have no issues with "The Donald".

His family gave my grandfather a job straight off the boat when he emigrated from Ireland back in the 1920's. The Trumps employ 10's if not 100 or so thousand people in their corporate holdings.

Is he my ideal candidate? No.. His attitude is god awful.

Will I vote for him? Maybe

It all depends on WHO he picks for a running mate. He needs a strong political partner to solidify the support of the conservative base. Trump knows this and I am sure he is already eyeing Cruz as his potential VP Running mate.

It sure will be interesting... but we all need to start looking down the road... we need to beat the Democrats in November.

That is the goal... no matter who the candidate is....

Kathianne
03-03-2016, 06:41 AM
I have no issues with "The Donald".

His family gave my grandfather a job straight off the boat when he emigrated from Ireland back in the 1920's. The Trumps employ 10's if not 100 or so thousand people in their corporate holdings.

Is he my ideal candidate? No.. His attitude is god awful.

Will I vote for him? Maybe

It all depends on WHO he picks for a running mate. He needs a strong political partner to solidify the support of the conservative base. Trump knows this and I am sure he is already eyeing Cruz as his potential VP Running mate.

It sure will be interesting... but we all need to start looking down the road... we need to beat the Democrats in November.

That is the goal... no matter who the candidate is....

I'm glad you have reason to go with your candidate.

Abbey Marie
03-03-2016, 08:49 AM
HA! I just started a thread on Trump's veep, and I said Christie, also.

Be vary afraid, Abbey. You are thinking like me. :)

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?54152-Trump-Veep&highlight=

I wasn't saying Christie for Vice President necessarily. Could be lots of things. But I feel pretty sure he will get a big fat reward for attacking Rubio and endorsing Trump. If I was Trump, I'd probably choose Kasich.

NightTrain
03-03-2016, 09:15 AM
I could be wrong, but I think there's too much bad blood at this point to see a VP slot for either Cruz or Rubio, even though either one of those two would add a nice base to the ticket.

Kasich would be a good choice for Veep.

Christie would make an awesome AG and he's got the background.

Black Diamond
03-03-2016, 09:54 AM
I could be wrong, but I think there's too much bad blood at this point to see a VP slot for either Cruz or Rubio, even though either one of those two would add a nice base to the ticket.

Couldn't agree more.

LongTermGuy
03-03-2016, 10:09 AM

Agree...lots of Bad Blood everywhere...

http://ak-hdl.buzzfed.com/static/2015-08/5/17/enhanced/webdr10/anigif_enhanced-22578-1438810705-15.gif

Perianne
03-03-2016, 11:17 AM

Yep. I can imagine Christie taking the job. He might wind up being the bestest ever in the history of bestestness.

SassyLady
03-04-2016, 03:47 AM
This was so sad. I will probably still vote for him during the primary.

Perhaps Carson is thinking of endorsing someone. He asked for all the other candidates to contact him before the debate because he wanted them to tone down the attacks ... at the time I read the article no one had contacted him. Perhaps he'll use the money to fund some type of movement to bring civility back.

I really do hope he gets some type of appointment if not a VP nod. If he does well, perhaps next presidential election cycle he will have more name recognition.

Christie would make a good Attorney General .... or a Secretary of Defense?

Kathianne
03-04-2016, 03:59 AM
This was so sad. I will probably still vote for him during the primary.

Perhaps Carson is thinking of endorsing someone. He asked for all the other candidates to contact him before the debate because he wanted them to tone down the attacks ... at the time I read the article no one had contacted him. Perhaps he'll use the money to fund some type of movement to bring civility back.

I really do hope he gets some type of appointment if not a VP nod. If he does well, perhaps next presidential election cycle he will have more name recognition.

Christie would make a good Attorney General .... or a Secretary of Defense?

I wonder what appointments Trump would make?

Carson I think is just a good person, from anything I have seen. What's interesting I think is that he is probably most ideologically akin to Cruz, but he just can't forgive him for Iowa.