PDA

View Full Version : What if Trump gets 49% of the delegates, but is denied the nomination?

tailfins
03-02-2016, 09:29 PM
If he doesn't get a majority, nothing has been "stolen". If Cruz, Rubio and Kasich can get to 51% combined, Trump could possibly be stopped.

Perianne
03-02-2016, 10:37 PM
If he doesn't get a majority, nothing has been "stolen". If Cruz, Rubio and Kasich can get to 51% combined, Trump could possibly be stopped.

That's true, tailfins. I am not sure how that 49% would react to someone with a significantly lesser percentage being appointed, but it is certainly possible that it could happen.

This is a very interesting political season.

Black Diamond
03-02-2016, 10:51 PM
Romney is giving a speech tomorrow about the state of the Republican party where it is expected he will bash Trump.

gabosaurus
03-02-2016, 10:55 PM
I am thinking that the GOP chaos might lead to a brokered convention. If that happens, you might actual see a return to the backroom dealings of old. Which would not favor Trump or Cruz, since neither has a lot of friends among the Republican establishment.
I can think of no circumstances where the GOP would bring Mittens back.
Anyone want to venture a guess of what might emerge from a brokered 2016 convention?