PDA

View Full Version : Trump - no teleprompter

jimnyc
03-03-2016, 02:28 PM
At least not as of yet. He's no special speaker - but I appreciate listening to someone speaking off the cuff, without having a speech written by some turd before hand. Obama literally lived off of his little friends. Granted, he makes mistakes, but I still prefer it this way.

DLT
03-03-2016, 02:35 PM
At least not as of yet. He's no special speaker - but I appreciate listening to someone speaking off the cuff, without having a speech written by some turd before hand. Obama literally lived off of his little friends. Granted, he makes mistakes, but I still prefer it this way.

Hey, at this point of Trump's Valley Girl speaking demeanor.....I think I would welcome the switch to a teleprompter by Donald....as long as it eliminated the idiotic "Okay?" at the end of almost every sentence.

Abbey Marie
03-03-2016, 02:45 PM
I prefer someone who can speak without a prompter, but Trump appears to have a very limited vocabulary. Especially for a successful, Ivy League educated, NY businessman. Maybe our less-educated voters connect better with him for that.

jimnyc
03-03-2016, 02:50 PM
Hey, at this point of Trump's Valley Girl speaking demeanor.....I think I would welcome the switch to a teleprompter by Donald....as long as it eliminated the idiotic "Okay?" at the end of almost every sentence.

The people are loving it though.

I prefer someone who can speak without a prompter, but Trump appears to have a very limited vocabulary. Especially for a successful, Ivy League educated, NY businessman. Maybe our less-educated voters connect better with him for that.

That's the beauty thus far, he's reeling in from all angles. And without a doubt he is appealing to the little guys.

namvet
03-03-2016, 07:14 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jiow64UjuQQ

:laugh:

Elessar
03-03-2016, 08:37 PM

Awwww...some folks are not good public speakers. I like that Trump does not use electronic aids.

Not everyone can be as eloquent as Ronald Reagan, as calm as
Clinton (who I have little respect for), or as simple and folksy as G.W.Bush.

Two of the worst, in my mind:

Hillary Clinton, talks down to people and assumes a local 'accent' to pander to a particular audience;

Al Gore, slowly and ploddingly talks down at folks he believes to be inferior.

Most misunderstood? Gerald Ford...just a simple and honest man that was not a good public speaker.

Most over-rated? Obama....good orator, but take away the teleprompter and he stutters, pauses
and trips up constantly.

LongTermGuy
03-03-2016, 08:43 PM

"....You know, there was a time when, if someone told you to
do somethin', you did it. Bam! Right on! No questions asked.
It was "Yes, sir" and "Yes, mam". You never said no. You know? Huh.
But, you know, things are changing nowadays.

>>It's a new day,
babies. Folks want to take their own lives into their hands and
make their own choices. No longer do they wanna go along with
the program 'cause everybody say it's right. You know what I mean?
Let me tell ya what I'm talkin' about, ya see, 'cause...

I don't want no gold watch for workin' fifty years from nine till five.."

'Cause I want to be happy and free
Livin' and loving for me
I want to be happy and free
Livin' and lovin' for me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuMEAgd5T0s

darin
03-04-2016, 02:38 AM
Trump is doing what Obama did to win HIS two terms - Trump is riding emotionalism. Americans are idiots. We vote for the guy we LIKE, not the person who is BEST. Trump may win because human nature wants a personality leading them - not a leader.

Kathianne
03-04-2016, 03:05 AM
Trump is doing what Obama did to win HIS two terms - Trump is riding emotionalism. Americans are idiots. We vote for the guy we LIKE, not the person who is BEST. Trump may win because human nature wants a personality leading them - not a leader.

and that contains the kernels that cause my fears. Trump doesn't seem to pause on even how it appears...

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-04-2016, 03:41 AM
and that contains the kernels that cause my fears. Trump doesn't seem to pause on even how it appears...

I could(n't)care less about any of that if he reverses as much of the obama treason and disaster as humanly possible.
I believe he will give it a go and besides--obama was able to do the damage by riding in like that but we are supposed to let that damage remain because we are to proud, too honorable to fool the masses in that way!(?)
Well, by all means let the ship sink with our sudden honor and how does that sell?
I do not care if he gets in and arrests every corrupt son of a bitch in there by way of restoring some justice in this nation!
Desperate times call for desperate measures.
You can not save the nation by playing by safe and fair rules when the enemy plays anything goes no mater how corrupt, how illegal, how evil or how nation destroying it may be.

While others cry lets not stoop to their level , the damn ship sinks--so what the hell did not fighting dirty get ya except defeat?
When defeat is absolute doom....
Wake up people--this is not even politics anymore--its actually warfare.
Only thing is--they win if we keep trying to play it safe, fair, kiss ass , be PC AND NOT TRULY FIGHT BACK.

WW2 was a perfect example --we fire-bombed two german cities incinerating over A hundred thousand GERMAN civilians AND DID MUCH THE SAME IN JAPAN WITH NUKING HIROSHIMA AND NAGASAKI.

BOTH WERE ATROCIOUS ACTS , BUT NECESSARY ACTS.

WE FFING NEED NECESSARY ACTS THAT MAY BE DISTASTEFUL OR EVEN ATROCIOUS, BUT
THE CULMINATION OF THE DESTRUCTION WRECKED BY THEIR FFING TRAITOR OBAMA CALLS FOR DRASTIC MEASURES.

Once the tiger was allowed to rampage/destroy for 7 + years there is no more slow go. slow repair and slow reaction.
Survival dictates serious , major and even distasteful reaction to the enormous destruction obama has wrecked upon this nation.

All this crying about how bad Trump is going to be is foolish after seeing how bad the ffing traitor obama has been !
Opposite and heavy reaction is called for but that logic seems to escape many IMHO.

THEY EMPLOY THE "DEATH BY A THOUSAND CUTS" STRATEGY, WHILE WE EMPLOY THE APPLICATION OF TEN BANDAGES AFTER EACH WOUNDING.
Eventually we bleed to death. Wake up..-TYR

darin
03-04-2016, 03:42 AM
Couldn't care less.

:D

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-04-2016, 03:45 AM
Couldn't care less.

:D
yes, typed fast, about to go sleep. Have been sick today and got up vomiting earlier.
Getting old--is not all its been cracked up to be my friend.-Tyr

Kathianne
03-04-2016, 03:55 AM
yes, typed fast, about to go sleep. Have been sick today and got up vomiting earlier.
Getting old--is not all its been cracked up to be my friend.-Tyr
Hope you feel better. Can't say I got how you got to that rant from what I wrote. In any case, get well!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-04-2016, 04:01 AM
Hope you feel better. Can't say I got how you got to that rant from what I wrote. In any case, get well!
Thanks, of to sleep I go now,
Rant was more about whats going on in this nation than addressing your previous reply my friend. :beer:-Tyr