PDA

View Full Version : GOP / FOX Debate

NightTrain
03-03-2016, 08:36 PM
This one should prove to be full of fireworks.

Both Cruz and Rubio have to really make an impression in a big way.

Anyone bold enough to make a prediction on the winner?

aboutime
03-03-2016, 08:38 PM

Playing Devils advocate here. The winner will be Hillary unless all of the bickering, name calling, and stupidity ends tonight. They ALL need to begin acting like Responsible, Intelligent Men, instead of Schoolyard bullies.

The Dems will love it if they repeat the last debate.

NightTrain
03-03-2016, 08:41 PM
Playing Devils advocate here. The winner will be Hillary unless all of the bickering, name calling, and stupidity ends tonight. They ALL need to begin acting like Responsible, Intelligent Men, instead of Schoolyard bullies.

The Dems will love it if they repeat the last debate.

I'd like the infighting to stop, as well... but I don't see that happening until we have a clear winner.

I'm REALLY looking forward to the General Election. It should prove to be brutal on the Libs.

NightTrain
03-03-2016, 09:06 PM
Rubio sounds like he's losing his voice.

Abbey Marie
03-03-2016, 09:38 PM
Megyn seems to be on a short leash so far. Cool.

NightTrain
03-03-2016, 09:40 PM
Megyn seems to be on a short leash so far. Cool.

lol, a very nice greeting as they first spoke to each other. Quite cordial!

I didn't like Rubio's answer on the immigration. He seems extremely wound up; I'm thinking he believes this is the Make It or Break It debate.

Black Diamond
03-03-2016, 09:42 PM

I didn't like Rubio's answer on the immigration. He seems extremely wound up; I'm thinking he believes this is the Make It or Break It debate.

You're right and im not even watching. Gonna catch the replay. :).

Kathianne
03-03-2016, 09:44 PM

Seems Rubio always starts nervous, gets better. Cruz is hot so far. Rubio got to Trump, assume he'll use break to get under control again.

Black Diamond
03-03-2016, 09:44 PM

Trump. He always wins the debate polls no matter what. Lol

Kathianne
03-03-2016, 09:47 PM
Trump. He always wins the debate polls no matter what. Lol
Anyone who doubts it, just check Drudge. He's probably already won!

Kathianne
03-03-2016, 09:48 PM
Does anyone else have a problem with these visas and foreign workers? I know that these are jobs that Americans would take, no doubt about it.

Kathianne
03-03-2016, 09:50 PM
This audience is nasty and want a gladiator fight. Not normal, brings me back to mob.

tailfins
03-03-2016, 10:12 PM
Does anyone else have a problem with these visas and foreign workers? I know that these are jobs that Americans would take, no doubt about it.

As someone who lives this I can tell you first hand that many H1B holders get six figure salaries. The cheap labor works REMOTELY from India. Visa reform won't help.

aboutime
03-03-2016, 10:15 PM
Sadly. I wasted my time trying to watch the debate.

All it has been is " HE SAID.....HE SAID....LIAR, JOKE, PHONY....Children in Pre-school have better debates over WHO IS GONNA GO PEE first!"

NightTrain
03-03-2016, 10:17 PM
Holy crap, Trump is getting mobbed.

aboutime
03-03-2016, 10:21 PM
Holy crap, Trump is getting mobbed.

I tried listening without watching, and it sounded like an Old Democrat debate where Obama and Hillary were throwing barbs at each other....and we know how that turned out.

Ask me who won this one? Hillary is still ahead, and getting more support from the whining bullies.

Kathianne
03-03-2016, 10:42 PM
Great line regarding Trump: "I hope we don't see yoga... but he's very flexible so you never know."

Kathianne
03-03-2016, 10:49 PM
Question to anyone, does it bother you that at least 3 times tonight Trump has said that 'the troops would follow illegal orders under him?' Basically, 'he's that strong a leader.'

I'm not exaggerating or taking out of context.

aboutime
03-03-2016, 10:56 PM
Question to anyone, does it bother you that at least 3 times tonight Trump has said that 'the troops would follow illegal orders under him?' Basically, 'he's that strong a leader.'

Yes Kathianne. It bothers me as a veteran, and the father of a Marine. Everyone in uniform knows WE WILL NOT OBEY Illegal orders. No matter who is in the White House.

Trump may think he's another Obama of sorts. But in reality. He'd never be asking Americans to Violate laws. On the other hand. If our troops are in harms way, and under fire for any reason. OH WELL. Those bullets, rockets, drones, and bombs have no DISCRIMINATION as to WHO or WHAT they hit. RULES OF ENGAGEMENT will need to be upgraded, and changed from the Obama hide, and seek methods.

Kathianne
03-03-2016, 10:57 PM
Both Cruz and Rubio said, 'Yes,' they would support Trump if he's the nominee.

I won't. ;)

NightTrain
03-03-2016, 11:11 PM

I didn't like those answers about that.

That was the most I've seen Trump knocked off balance.. he was getting it from everyone except Kasich, and he had to outright decline to the mod.

Kathianne
03-03-2016, 11:14 PM
I didn't like those answers about that.

That was the most I've seen Trump knocked off balance.. he was getting it from everyone except Kasich, and he had to outright decline to the mod.

Though that issue wasn't when he was getting piled on. He kept doubling down on that.

NightTrain
03-03-2016, 11:16 PM
Though that issue wasn't when he was getting piled on. He kept doubling down on that.

Yep.

IMO tonight was his worst performance.

Did you see the after debate chat with O'Reilly? It almost got real ugly.

NightTrain
03-03-2016, 11:17 PM
Well, my lil' honey beckons... I must go!

Thanks for watching with us, AT.

'Night guys & girls.

Kathianne
03-03-2016, 11:28 PM
Yep.

I didn't. Honestly because of my own opinions, I find it very difficult to watch FOX now, with some exception for Caputo and Brett. It's like it's owned by Trump.

LongTermGuy
03-03-2016, 11:30 PM
Who Won the Debate Tonight:cool:

Businessman Donald Trump 66.06% (12,216 votes)

Ohio Gov. John Kasich 17.43% (3,223 votes)

U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas 7.17% (1,326 votes)

U.S. Sen. Marco Rubio 6.8% (1,257 votes)

I don't know. 2.54% (471 votes)

Total Votes: 18,493 so far...

http://image.nj.com/home/njo-media/width960/img/njcom_photos/photo/2016/03/03/gop-debate-in-detroit-63ecc1bb678922f2.jpg

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2016/03/poll_who_won_the_republican_presidential_debate_03 .htm

*Trump....;)...Did you catch the after the Debate O`Riley Interview with Trump Bitch slapping O`Riley.... ?

The close up shot of O`Riley's face when he was getting ready to say who he was going to interview next....

*just ...............................

.......right after Trump left....Priceless! (http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2016/03/poll_who_won_the_republican_presidential_debate_03 .html)

Abbey Marie
03-03-2016, 11:34 PM
Well, my lil' honey beckons... I must go!

Thanks for watching with us, AT.

'Night guys & girls.

And she's adorbs!

Abbey Marie
03-03-2016, 11:35 PM

http://image.nj.com/home/njo-media/width960/img/njcom_photos/photo/2016/03/03/gop-debate-in-detroit-63ecc1bb678922f2.jpg

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2016/03/poll_who_won_the_republican_presidential_debate_03 .htm

*Trump....;)...Did you catch the after the Debate O`Riley Interview with Trump Bitch slapping O`Riley.... ?

The close up shot of O`Riley's face when he was getting ready to say who he was going to interview next....

*just ...............................

.......right after Trump left....Priceless! (http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2016/03/poll_who_won_the_republican_presidential_debate_03 .html)

I thought Cruz won.

LongTermGuy
03-03-2016, 11:38 PM
I didn't. Honestly because of my own opinions, I find it very difficult to watch FOX now, with some exception for Caputo and Brett. It's like it's owned by Trump.

Im sick of Fox also...Owned by Trump...Really? I dont think so...*I only watch Hannity on Fox now...

....Tonight Trump was "attacked" by all...left and right....non-stop....Robot boy Rubio and wanna be President Kasich should pack it up...IMO.

Abbey Marie
03-03-2016, 11:41 PM
Im sick of Fox also...Owned by Trump...Really? I dont think so...*I only watch Hannity on Fox now...

....Tonight Trump was "attacked" by all...left and right....non-stop....Robot boy Rubio and wanna be President Kasich should pack it up...IMO.

So millions of us shouldn't get a vote?

LongTermGuy
03-03-2016, 11:42 PM
I thought Cruz won.

Cruz did well....Nice Planned out speeches ...In the end If he wins...I will support him...I have always liked Cruz...Until self sufficient ...non-dependent TRUMP came along...

SassyLady
03-04-2016, 12:04 AM
Who won? Depends on what makes a winner. If the one who is the most insulting and loudest is considered the winner then I would say Trump won, with Rubio second. If the one who clearly explains their policies and experience without insulting others to make their point is considered the winner then I would say Kasich won.In my honest opinion I don't think there was a clear "winner". The fact that Trump kept saying that if he tells the military to do something, they will do it .... he has no qualms about saying they will do "as they are told", is very disconcerting. Sounds a little dictatorial.And, the whole reference to his hands/dick thing was sooooooooooo creepy.

Perianne
03-04-2016, 12:06 AM
Both Cruz and Rubio said, 'Yes,' they would support Trump if he's the nominee.

I won't. ;)

The great Pat Buchanan says:

As in 1964 and 1980, a new Republican Party is taking shape. Defections are to be expected, and not altogether unwelcome.

http://buchanan.org/blog/the-donalds-odds-against-hillary-124874

Perianne
03-04-2016, 01:11 AM

From Detroit Free Press

Donald Trump - 75%
Ted Cruz - 11%
John Kasich - 10%
Marco Rubio - 3%

http://live.freep.com/Event/Detroit_GOP_debate_2?Page=0

darin
03-04-2016, 02:24 AM
But if the public think THAT was a debate, the public is stupid. :(

God I have no hope for the American Voting population - both US Citizen and those who are not, who end up voting Democrat.

Kathianne
03-04-2016, 11:48 AM
Yep.

I went and found the exchange on Youtube this morning. It was pretty uncomfortable. I wonder what Trump was looking at? His head was up and no eye contact. Weird.

On the other matter, the illegal orders, seems that is getting quite a bit of reaction, but less than size of his manhood.

http://hotair.com/archives/2016/03/04/trump-if-i-issue-illegal-orders-to-the-military-theyll-obey/

Trump: If I issue illegal orders to the military, they’ll obeyPOSTED AT 11:21 AM ON MARCH 4, 2016 BY ALLAHPUNDITEverything you need to know about our media is contained in the fact that this bit from Trump last night is a footnote to the coverage this morning of him talking about the size of his wang.

We can jaw about this at length but there isn’t much to add to what Andy Levy, an Army veteran, had to say:

andy levy
✔‎@andylevy (https://twitter.com/andylevy)

thinking the military will do what u tell them even if it’s unlawful is about as close to fascism as it gets
8:46 PM - 3 Mar 2016 (https://twitter.com/andylevy/status/705600390310596608)

Trump’s been accused of fascist ambitions in other contexts, sometimes unfairly, but in this case if the boot fits, wear it. GOP Rep. Adam Kinzinger, an Air Force vet, attacked Trump for advocating war crimes (http://www.buzzfeed.com/christophermassie/republican-combat-vet-trump-is-openly-advocating-war-crimes#.glmrvPXaM) yesterday before the debate on a radio show in Chicago. Lord knows what he thinks this morning:

“If you’re a private in the field and your major or your colonel orders you to do something that is a war crime, you actually bear responsibility, you can’t say that the colonel made me do it,” said Kinzinger, who is supporting Marco Rubio. “What Donald Trump, as wanting to be president of the United States is advocating, is a war crime that would force every soldier that did, i.e. killed the relatives of terrorists, tortured regardless of whether it not it works, the things that he’s advocating would force all of these people in jail.”…

“Now, you have to do one of two things,” he said. “You either believe that Donald trump is all bluster which most people do but for some reason they like that, or you take him at his word in which case he is advocating, like what Benito Mussolini did, war crimes.”…

“For the leading Republican presidential candidate to advocate war crimes, which he does openly, just advocates war crimes, doesn’t matter, makes me sick really,” he said. “Especially as somebody that’s defended the country. It’s just terrible.”

Terrible and contemptuous of the troops Trump claims to admire, as it assumes they’d agree to ignore their legal duties to serve the president in whatever he asks. Michael Hayden, the head of the CIA under Bush, told Bill Maher a few days ago that the military would refuse to act (http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-gop-primary-live-updates-and-results/2016/02/cia-director-armed-forces-ignore-trump-219918) if Trump issued the kinds of orders he talks about here. I think that’s broadly true, but I’d like to see a poll of the general electorate asking whether the military should obey an illegal order targeting terrorists with torture or their families with death. How do you think we’d do on a question like that at this late stage of American decline? 60 percent, maybe?

Interestingly, Trump doesn’t even try to finesse the premise of Baier’s question, as so many of his fans are doing today on social media. He doesn’t attack international law as somehow unbinding on the commander-in-chief — which is good since it is binding, assuming it’s been ratified by the federal government in the past. Nor does he cite Bush-era practices to argue that waterboarding is legal — which is also good since (a) Trump’s calling for torture practices that go beyond waterboarding and (b) if waterboarding wasn’t illegal before, it probably is now (http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2013/07/09/200529915/fbi-nominee-agrees-waterboarding-is-torture-and-illegal). The head of the FBI, for instance, thinks so.

Anyway. I really need to start a daily “What if Obama said it?” feature before the primary’s over.

NightTrain
03-04-2016, 12:00 PM
I went and found the exchange on Youtube this morning. It was pretty uncomfortable. I wonder what Trump was looking at? His head was up and no eye contact. Weird.

I know what he was thinking. His blood was still up from the mobbing he got, and O'Reilly deliberately asked him a couple of questions designed to needle him. O'Reilly is very smart and he knew what he was doing - I don't know if O'Reilly was following orders or if he did that on his own. Considering the way the mods went after him, I'm thinking the former.

Trump doesn't have much of a poker face when he's pissed. He was teetering on the edge of brawling with O'Reilly on the spot, and it was a good decision that he decided to stand down.

On the other matter, the illegal orders, seems that is getting quite a bit of reaction, but less than size of his manhood.

http://hotair.com/archives/2016/03/04/trump-if-i-issue-illegal-orders-to-the-military-theyll-obey/

I got a chuckle out of the Hand Size joke. That may be a guy thing.

I've thought a lot about the "illegal orders" thing, and our military vets here can probably answer it better than I can... but I think Trump, in a very clumsy way, was talking about Rules of Engagement. He lost his train of thought and blustered through the question anyway, and the answer didn't make any sense.

I expect he'll clarify what he meant soon, because it was a confusing answer.

Kathianne
03-04-2016, 12:05 PM
I know what he was thinking. His blood was still up from the mobbing he got, and O'Reilly deliberately asked him a couple of questions designed to needle him. O'Reilly is very smart and he knew what he was doing - I don't know if O'Reilly was following orders or if he did that on his own. Considering the way the mods went after him, I'm thinking the former.

Trump doesn't have much of a poker face when he's pissed. He was teetering on the edge of brawling with O'Reilly on the spot, and it was a good decision that he decided to stand down.

I got a chuckle out of the Hand Size joke. That may be a guy thing.

I've thought a lot about the "illegal orders" thing, and our military vets here can probably answer it better than I can... but I think Trump, in a very clumsy way, was talking about Rules of Engagement. He lost his train of thought and blustered through the question anyway, and the answer didn't make any sense.

I have to disagree that he was speaking of ROE, the questions were clear and repeated. 'Beyond waterboarding' and 'innocent children and spouses.' He went on to use the 9/11 hijackers wives leaving days before the attacks, debunked a long time ago. He did know what he's saying.

DLT
03-04-2016, 12:39 PM

I thought Cruz won, but natch, Trumpists will call it for Donald. I did notice that he was the only one not laughing at the hilarious "yoga" comment. Trump is also the only one that didn't laugh in a previous debate when the crowd, moderators and participants were all laughing at something funny....while Trump stood there scowling.

Kathianne
03-04-2016, 12:41 PM
I thought Cruz won, but natch, Trumpists will call it for Donald. I did notice that he was the only one not laughing at the hilarious "yoga" comment. Trump is also the only one that didn't laugh in a previous debate when the crowd, moderators and participants were all laughing at something funny....while Trump stood there scowling.

I thought Cruz won too, but was rooting for Rubio. I think Kasich was a coward for not helping out Ted and Marco, he thought everyone would just assume he was the 'adult.' Cruz pulled off the adult, to a petulant Donald.

pete311
03-04-2016, 12:43 PM
Trump was asked to specifically respond to his company making clothing in China, Japan etc. He then went on a rant about how they devalue their currency. After that and he was finished, the moderator again asked to address what he specifically asked. And even then he didn't give a straight answer.

Abbey Marie
03-04-2016, 12:46 PM
Anyone else here uncomfortable with the whole Trump University thing?

Kathianne
03-04-2016, 12:46 PM
Trump was asked to specifically respond to his company making clothing in China, Japan etc. He then went on a rant about how they devalue their currency. After that and he was finished, the moderator again asked to address what he specifically asked. And even then he didn't give a straight answer.

Indeed. I guess they will just stop when he says so, just like the military will follow unlawful orders.

Kathianne
03-04-2016, 12:50 PM

Megyn hit him hard on that, after Rubio did first. She had the BBB rating and the federal judge's quote ready to go.

He should have been vetted a long, long time ago. Now everything is being dumped at once, but not that those here didn't know, I tried. ;)

It more than likely is too little, too late for GOP. All of this though will be brought up again, much bigger after conventions-if he wins.

pete311
03-04-2016, 12:52 PM

Just one of many shady Trump ventures. People want to vote out government cronyism, but they fail to see they are swapping that for business cronyism.

NightTrain
03-04-2016, 01:13 PM
I have to disagree that he was speaking of ROE, the questions were clear and repeated.

I'm just trying to make sense of his answers. Pure speculation on my part.

'Beyond waterboarding' and 'innocent children and spouses.'

I know it'll sound like I'm a bloodthirsty bastard, but honestly I have no qualms with waterboarding or worse to terrorists. Truly, I don't.

I also would not have a problem with nuking them. I would have cheerfully pushed the button on Afghanistan. Problem solved and suddenly the world is a terrorist-free place because the remainder of those animals would do the dirty work for us for fear of a Nuke.

NightTrain
03-04-2016, 02:01 PM

I was.

This is all I can find :

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8521&stc=1

Maybe someone else can dig up better info? This one is at least as recent as May 2011 from the BBB, giving an A rating, and says there was 1 complaint in the last 3 years.

pete311
03-04-2016, 02:24 PM
I wonder if the name change resets the rating.

fj1200
03-04-2016, 02:46 PM
I was.

This is all I can find :

Maybe someone else can dig up better info? This one is at least as recent as May 2011 from the BBB, giving an A rating, and says there was 1 complaint in the last 3 years.

There's plenty out there.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/432010/trump-university-scam

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/feb/28/donald-trump/fact-checking-donald-trumps-claims-about-trump-uni/

http://money.cnn.com/2016/03/04/news/companies/donald-trump-eric-schneiderman/index.html

LongTermGuy
03-04-2016, 02:57 PM

No..not what so ever ...The Leftist and Rhino`s pushing the "fear" think they have a bone..."something...anything" ...to bring Trump down..

Many businesses are sued for many small things...by some thinking about Riches and playing

the victim card...*With Donald Trump a Rich Man...Hated by

his rivals ...Rhino`s...Illegals...muslim terrorists...leftist...jealousy and fools... who all know and

....understand the situation which is in the spot light..they will try and take FULL advantage...***All the sharks are out and Hungry!...Trump will win the case...all forms and disclosures were signed up front....

*Ahhh....yes...the smell of "possible" Money.... is a powerful force....

~ "In February 2016, Trump suggested the lawsuit had benefited from the Hispanic ethnicity of the presiding judge." ~
... Hmmm...Interesting...Think about that "Trump"..."Mexican Judge" ???:laugh:

*Some Info...

~ "A Trump complaint alleging that the state Attorney General's investigation was accompanied by a campaign donation shakedown was investigated by a New York ethics board and dismissed in August 2015.[17] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_Entrepreneur_Initiative#cite_note-17) Trump also filed a $1 million defamation suit against former Trump University student Tarla Makaeff " ~

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/18k3gltp1aydyjpg.jpg

"I am Tarla Makaeff. A creative entrepreneur (writer/designer/model) and#advocate (https://twitter.com/hashtag/advocate?src=hash)."

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1329506231/Tarla_Makaeff-headshot_web_400x400.jpg
https://twitter.com/TheTMak

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hprofile-xpf1/v/t1.0-1/p160x160/8139_10154488157712366_6188962882101639354_n.jpg?o h=7a2bf9af08ae87c3bfb7ca557ad45803&oe=574DC901

https://www.facebook.com/tarla.inc/about

https://www.linkedin.com/in/tarlamakaeff

>>>>> ~Posts Tagged ‘Tarla Makaeff’~

"Trump isn’t just a racist Nazi – he’s a scam artist too. In this piece from the Young Turks, Cenk Uygur and Ana Kasparian discuss how Trump is being sued by Tarla Makaeff and the New York Attorney General, Eric Schneiderman,"

https://beastrabban.wordpress.com/tag/tarla-makaeff/

Posts Tagged ‘Eric Schneiderman’

***Pay atttention HERE!!***

"New York Attorney General, Eric Schneiderman,"

https://beastrabban.wordpress.com/tag/eric-schneiderman/

https://sp.yimg.com/xj/th?id=OIP.M55ff6ff87f42590ae33b23ca8bedc6c7o1&pid=15.1&P=0&w=297&h=168

Full blown stinking leftist...

"serious questions whether a sitting attorney general can ethically receive campaign contributions from someone who has a direct interest in the outcome of a major legal case."

"Since his first election as attorney general in 2010, however, the very left-leaning Democrat has been acting in tandem with the Obama administration with multiple legal assaults on S&P.
Schneiderman’s final settlement with S&P was in coordination with the Securities & Exchange Commission."

"The Obama-Schneiderman relationship publicly emerged in 2012 when President Obama handpicked Schneiderman to head up the presidential task force on the mortgage crisis."

"When Obama unveiled the task force in his 2012 State of the Union address, Schneiderman was sitting right behind Michelle Obama."

http://dailycaller.com/2015/04/17/is-new-yorks-liberal-attorney-general-mixing-work-with-fundraising/

NightTrain
03-04-2016, 03:02 PM
There's plenty out there.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/432010/trump-university-scam

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/feb/28/donald-trump/fact-checking-donald-trumps-claims-about-trump-uni/

http://money.cnn.com/2016/03/04/news/companies/donald-trump-eric-schneiderman/index.html

Right.

Reconcile that with the document from the BBB giving them an A rating with 1 complaint from '09 to '11.

These guys are all saying D- when this letter says A. I'm wary of taking these sites' word for it, you know?

pete311
03-04-2016, 03:24 PM
flip flop flip flop flip floppy flop
http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/04/politics/donald-trump-reverses-on-torture/index.html

pete311
03-04-2016, 03:26 PM
No..not what so ever ...The Leftist and Rhino`s pushing the "fear" think they have a bone..."something...anything" ...to bring Trump down..

Many businesses are sued for many small things...by some thinking about Riches and playing

Fraud is not some small thing. If this was Hillary you'd be going bonkers. But since this is your guy, no big deal.

Black Diamond
03-04-2016, 03:27 PM

It's funny how it didn't come out until rubio, Cruz, and the entire establishment was on the ropes.

Kathianne
03-04-2016, 04:32 PM
It's funny how it didn't come out until rubio, Cruz, and the entire establishment was on the ropes.

Nah, it was out there. No one wanted to hear about. Many still don't.

aboutime
03-04-2016, 04:37 PM
After watching the debate last night. I came away thinking how all of my opinions about Politicians, and Liars...(which seem to be mutually alike), now include the Donald.

I DESPISE LIARS. Donald has been sounding like the spokesman for the Democrats, and seems to have adopted the OBAMA/CLINTON techniques of SAYING whatever he believes the Uninformed, Uneducated will always believe.

I feel sorry if anyone is offended with how I feel, but more sorry for those who refuse to admit it.

Black Diamond
03-04-2016, 05:02 PM
Nah, it was out there. No one wanted to hear about. Many still don't.

I don't recall it being mentioned by Rubio and Cruz until they were on the ropes.

Black Diamond
03-04-2016, 05:08 PM
After watching the debate last night. I came away thinking how all of my opinions about Politicians, and Liars...(which seem to be mutually alike), now include the Donald.

I DESPISE LIARS. Donald has been sounding like the spokesman for the Democrats, and seems to have adopted the OBAMA/CLINTON techniques of SAYING whatever he believes the Uninformed, Uneducated will always believe.

I feel sorry if anyone is offended with how I feel, but more sorry for those who refuse to admit it.

Politics is a dirty game. The ultimate goal of any politician is to get elected. And they stop at nothing to achieve that goal.

jimnyc
03-04-2016, 07:55 PM

He's been saying a lot of things to get the others riled and get folks back to talking about him, and it works every time. Here is his clarification:

GOP presidential front-runner Donald Trump said Friday that he would not order the military to break international laws, despite calling for torture of suspected terrorists and the killing of their families.

Trump told The Wall Street Journal he would "use every legal power that I have to stop these terrorist enemies. I do, however, understand that the United States is bound by laws and treaties and I will not order our military or other officials to violate those laws and will seek their advice on such matters."

"I will not order a military officer to disobey the law. It is clear that as president I will be bound by laws just like all Americans and I will meet those responsibilities," he added.

http://g.thehill.com/policy/defense/271823-trump-says-he-wont-order-military-to-violate-laws

Kathianne
03-04-2016, 07:57 PM
He's been saying a lot of things to get the others riled and get folks back to talking about him, and it works every time. Here is his clarification:

GOP presidential front-runner Donald Trump said Friday that he would not order the military to break international laws, despite calling for torture of suspected terrorists and the killing of their families.

Trump told The Wall Street Journal he would "use every legal power that I have to stop these terrorist enemies. I do, however, understand that the United States is bound by laws and treaties and I will not order our military or other officials to violate those laws and will seek their advice on such matters."

"I will not order a military officer to disobey the law. It is clear that as president I will be bound by laws just like all Americans and I will meet those responsibilities," he added.

http://g.thehill.com/policy/defense/271823-trump-says-he-wont-order-military-to-violate-laws

That's not clarification, that's changing what he said. I'm glad he did, it was insulting to the military.

aboutime
03-04-2016, 08:11 PM

Jim. I tend to agree with all that you mentioned above. But, I cannot IGNORE what Trump said, when asked how he could order the military to DO WHAT HE SAYS.
He did say..."They will!" To military, and retired veterans...ALL OF US TOOK THE SAME OATH. And we all know we WILL NOT BREAK ANY LAWS, no matter who orders them.

Kathianne
03-04-2016, 08:38 PM
Jim. I tend to agree with all that you mentioned above. But, I cannot IGNORE what Trump said, when asked how he could order the military to DO WHAT HE SAYS.
He did say..."They will!" To military, and retired veterans...ALL OF US TOOK THE SAME OATH. And we all know we WILL NOT BREAK ANY LAWS, no matter who orders them.

It was very clear. Brett Baier said that 'waterboarding and beyond, are illegal actions that the military are bound to not obey.' That is how it was presented. Now Trump could have said, "They are not illegal and if I order them, I'd expect them to obey." Then he would have been discussing legal orders, even if he was mistakenly wrong. He didn't and he doubled down.

aboutime
03-04-2016, 08:46 PM
It was very clear. Brett Baier said that 'waterboarding and beyond, are illegal actions that the military are bound to not obey.' That is how it was presented. Now Trump could have said, "They are not illegal and if I order them, I'd expect them to obey." Then he would have been discussing legal orders, even if he was mistakenly wrong. He didn't and he doubled down.

Gotta wholeheartedly, and respectfully disagree with you on that Kathianne. Military people are well aware of, and often quizzed on their Legal responsibilities as to Legal, and Illegal orders. EVEN FROM A PRESIDENT. Because Trump, or anyone else, like Obama as CIC say their orders are Legal...DOES NOT MEAN THEY ARE LEGAL. What politicians forget about we in the military is...WE ALSO HAVE MINDS, and know the Differences between ORDERS from superiors as to Right, and Wrong.

NOT EVEN THE PRESIDENT can order anyone in uniform to KILL another person.

Kathianne
03-04-2016, 08:55 PM
Gotta wholeheartedly, and respectfully disagree with you on that Kathianne. Military people are well aware of, and often quizzed on their Legal responsibilities as to Legal, and Illegal orders. EVEN FROM A PRESIDENT. Because Trump, or anyone else, like Obama as CIC say their orders are Legal...DOES NOT MEAN THEY ARE LEGAL. What politicians forget about we in the military is...WE ALSO HAVE MINDS, and know the Differences between ORDERS from superiors as to Right, and Wrong.

NOT EVEN THE PRESIDENT can order anyone in uniform to KILL another person.

You misunderstood.

Trump could have taken the question and turned it into an acceptable order, it was a hypothetical to begin with-after all he's NOT CIC. He didn't. He answered it and doubled down twice more I'm pretty sure. He went on to basically say the military 'would obey,' with an ominous surety. He expounded on that is what leaders do. Lead.

Now, the reason I put it out there, stated it should be the lead story out of the debate-I know the military would not follow an unlawful order. That is what made it worth a post.

Just heard a general on CNN say he's very heartened that Trump reversed himself, though not in a spoken statement, but a late Friday press release. The man wanted to know why Trump said what he said, though glad that he retracted.

fj1200
03-05-2016, 09:00 AM
Right.

Reconcile that with the document from the BBB giving them an A rating with 1 complaint from '09 to '11.

These guys are all saying D- when this letter says A. I'm wary of taking these sites' word for it, you know?

To reconcile them puts them on the same footing but a court of law has a different threshold obviously. There is this though:

Back to Trump. The BBB issued a statement to PolitiFact stating “Over the years, the company’s BBB rating has fluctuated between an A+ and a D-.” Investigating further, the site found that the last time Trump University was rated by the BBB in 2010, it received a D- rating. The business closed down that same year. Trump is incorrect insofar as the Trump Entrepreneur Initiative does not currently have a rating from the BBB, because it closed down.
What we do know, from several published reports and archived Web pages, is that the university had a D in 2010 and under its new name, had ratings ranging from C to B, with no ratings after March 2014.
http://time.com/money/4247972/trump-university-better-business-bureau-rating/

Kathianne
03-05-2016, 09:07 AM
To reconcile them puts them on the same footing but a court of law has a different threshold obviously. There is this though:

I found the same. I checked the BBB rating during the debate-'business no longer functioning' or something along that line.

I don't get the 'desperation' so many of his supporters are demonstrating-they are all over social media, blog comments, everywhere. He is rolling through and they just keep getting nastier.

If he were my candidate, I'd be very generous to those I was trying to come along, not taunting. That's me.

jimnyc
03-05-2016, 09:09 AM
BBB numbers almost always fluctuate, especially with larger businesses. Sometimes they drop down with complaints, and then they are removed if/when a company responds with proof/facts or whatever. The BBB will then make a decision as whether to remove it or not.

It's also a notorious place for angry people to go to, whether they have a legit complaint or not, since it's a free place. They have zero power whatsoever though.

I can't tell you how many times I've known, ore read about folks going there to file complaints just because they are angry, but have nothing. That's not to say that anyone who went there to complain about Trump uni. was lying or just angry - but rather that the BBB is a useless place to go to in order to gather facts. Any internet Joe can go there and file crap. I filed a complaint against a carting company around here when we renovated and needed the dumpster. No one verified, called or anything.

Kathianne
03-05-2016, 09:15 AM
BBB numbers almost always fluctuate, especially with larger businesses. Sometimes they drop down with complaints, and then they are removed if/when a company responds with proof/facts or whatever. The BBB will then make a decision as whether to remove it or not.

It's also a notorious place for angry people to go to, whether they have a legit complaint or not, since it's a free place. They have zero power whatsoever though.

I can't tell you how many times I've known, ore read about folks going there to file complaints just because they are angry, but have nothing. That's not to say that anyone who went there to complain about Trump uni. was lying or just angry - but rather that the BBB is a useless place to go to in order to gather facts. Any internet Joe can go there and file crap. I filed a complaint against a carting company around here when we renovated and needed the dumpster. No one verified, called or anything.

No one is disagreeing with that, not even the BBB.

Have you found anything that is positive about this from sources not with Trump?

I do not think it's going to change any movement from his supporters. I think though it's just as important that people-for or against him-have the information. Just as it was important to know about Rev. Wright; Bill Ayers connections; Ron Paul letters; etc.

I really don't want to hear anyone saying, "How in G_d's name, could I have known?" I pray it doesn't happen, that all is great after he wins. I'll be chomping my words for awhile, enjoying the feeling of boredom with winning all the time.

jimnyc
03-05-2016, 09:25 AM
No one is disagreeing with that, not even the BBB.

Have you found anything that is positive about this from sources not with Trump?

I do not think it's going to change any movement from his supporters. I think though it's just as important that people-for or against him-have the information. Just as it was important to know about Rev. Wright; Bill Ayers connections; Ron Paul letters; etc.

I really don't want to hear anyone saying, "How in G_d's name, could I have known?" I pray it doesn't happen, that all is great after he wins. I'll be chomping my words for awhile, enjoying the feeling of boredom with winning all the time.

FJ's post. I was explaining the BBB in case anyone else reading doesn't fully understand how they work. IMO, their ratings don't mean much and I would NEVER do business with ANYONE based on the BBB ratings.

aboutime
03-05-2016, 06:24 PM
FJ's post. I was explaining the BBB in case anyone else reading doesn't fully understand how they work. IMO, their ratings don't mean much and I would NEVER do business with ANYONE based on the BBB ratings.

AGREE JIM. Here's another reason the BBB is less than advertised.

http://youtu.be/i30hNeJYX7g

fj1200
03-07-2016, 09:08 AM

Not much explanation needed with a state Attorney General though.

Kathianne
03-07-2016, 09:09 AM

or the 5k people represented.

Trump has the money to drag out lawsuits, while the 'little guy' can't afford the same. Privilege of wealth.

pete311
03-07-2016, 09:14 AM
Calling hipocracy! If Hillary had a company that had a D- BBB rating business you guy would be at the gate with pitch forks and torches.

Abbey Marie
03-07-2016, 09:15 AM
I heard this morning that Trump is changing his stance on asking our military to go outside the law re: torture. Sorry if that's old news; it was new to me.

Kathianne
03-07-2016, 09:17 AM
I heard this morning that Trump is changing his stance on asking our military to go outside the law re: torture. Sorry if that's old news; it was new to me.

That was Friday Saturday. Yesterday he said he'd 'get the laws changed,' so his orders would be 'legal.' We need to be worse than those animals.

Yeppers

Kathianne
03-07-2016, 09:21 AM
That was Friday Saturday. Yesterday he said he'd 'get the laws changed,' so his orders would be 'legal.' We need to be worse than those animals.

Yeppers

Actually Friday afternoon he changed what he would do. Sunday he said he'd change the laws.

Everything is happening so fast! :laugh2:

jimnyc
03-07-2016, 09:26 AM

I didn't discuss any attorney general. I merely pointed out that the BBB is more often than not useless. People get good grades for no reason, people get bad grades for no reason. People are often accused of things on there and it goes unchallenged. To me it's useless and I wouldn't make any business decisions based off the BBB, good or bad.

Perianne
03-07-2016, 09:28 AM
revelarts posted this originally. I think it is funny, funny, funny.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8544&stc=1

jimnyc
03-07-2016, 09:31 AM
And... sometimes one or two small complaints can lead a business to get a D or F rating. Do business for a couple of decades, get a couple of complaints and now your business sucks? :laugh: Their own history of how they handle these grades has made them mostly useless.

NightTrain
03-07-2016, 09:33 AM

Back to Trump. The BBB issued a statement to PolitiFact stating “Over the years, the company’s BBB rating has fluctuated between an A+ and a D-.” Investigating further, the site found that the last time Trump University was rated by the BBB in 2010, it received a D- rating. The business closed down that same year. Trump is incorrect insofar as the Trump Entrepreneur Initiative does not currently have a rating from the BBB, because it closed down.
What we do know, from several published reports and archived Web pages, is that the university had a D in 2010 and under its new name, had ratings ranging from C to B, with no ratings after March 2014.

That's not accurate. The document from BBB in 2011 shows an A rating and 1 complainant in the last 3 years, which would encompass 2010.

I'm pretty sure that you can't get a D rating based off the complaint of 1 person.

What we're getting here is reporting from various people with no hard backup. I'm more inclined to go with a document from BBB than unconfirmed statements of people that may or may not have a dog in the fight making unconfirmed statements.

It doesn't add up.

LongTermGuy
03-07-2016, 09:34 AM
@revelarts (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=1760) posted this originally. I think it is funny, funny, funny.

:laugh:

http://dc492.4shared.com/img/YsL6BGen/s7/1410383ead8/Donald_Trump_Ted_Cruz_Dance

https://media.giphy.com/media/Qjmp5vKEERPyw/giphy.gif

jimnyc
03-07-2016, 09:35 AM
That's not accurate. The document from BBB in 2011 shows an A rating and 1 complainant in the last 3 years, which would encompass 2010.

I'm pretty sure that you can't get a D rating based off the complaint of 1 person.

What we're getting here is reporting from various people with no hard backup. I'm more inclined to go with a document from BBB than unconfirmed statements of people that may or may not have a dog in the fight making unconfirmed statements.

It doesn't add up.

Depends on how they're feeling that day. Trust me, there may be solid evidence against Trump and he loses - but the BBB is no sort of proof, that's all I'm saying. They are supposed to also investigate complaints, respond to them - and I've done so before and the fuckers wouldn't communicate with me in any shape or form, and I never saw any complaints registered about the company.

Perianne
03-07-2016, 09:36 AM
Although I am not really for him, I have to admit I somewhat pull for Trump, just because he insults everyone (especially the RNC golden boys). But my logic tells me to pull for Cruz.

jimnyc
03-07-2016, 09:37 AM
Although I am not really for him, I have to admit I somewhat pull for Trump, just because he insults everyone (especially the RNC golden boys). But my logic tells me to pull for Cruz.

Do the same as me then, but the opposite. I'm pulling for Trump, but also pulling for Cruz, so that in case Trump falters, it will be Cruz as "next man up"!

Perianne
03-07-2016, 09:39 AM
Do the same as me then, but the opposite. I'm pulling for Trump, but also pulling for Cruz, so that in case Trump falters, it will be Cruz as "next man up"!

I think we will have one or the other.....unless the RNC pulls some crap. And then the party will split.

I also fear that if Trump doesn't win, he will do something like third-party.

Kathianne
03-07-2016, 09:43 AM
@revelarts (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=1760) posted this originally. I think it is funny, funny, funny.

Related?

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2016-03-07/trump-tower-financed-by-rich-chinese-who-invest-cash-for-visas

Trump Tower Funded by Rich Chinese Who Invest Cash for Visas

<time class="published-at time-based" datetime="2016-03-07T03:11:30.611Z" itemprop="datePublished" style="box-sizing: border-box; -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased; color: rgb(38, 38, 38); font-family: NHaasGroteskTXPro-55Rg, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; display: block; opacity: 1; transition: opacity 0.5s ease-out; border: 0px; font-size: 0.8125rem; float: left; margin-right: 0.3125rem; line-height: 1.25rem; padding: 0px;">March 6, 2016 — 8:11 PM GMT+7</time>Updated on <time class="updated-at__time" datetime="2016-03-07T04:14:16.960Z" style="box-sizing: border-box; -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased; font-family: NHaasGroteskTXPro-55Rg, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(38, 38, 38);">March 6, 2016

Throughout his presidential campaign, Donald Trump has attacked China and warned about the dangers of deficient immigrant screening.

"They’ve taken our jobs, they’ve taken our money, they’ve taken everything," he said of China in a speech late last month. He has called for a revamping, even a freezing, of the immigration system, but says he would make an exception for the highly-skilled.

Yet no skills are required of the wealthy Chinese being courted by a Chinese-subtitled video to help finance a huge Trump-branded tower in New Jersey. The video leads viewers behind the wheel of a car into Jersey City with scenes of the tower, all to the tune of the theme song from The Sopranos, "Woke Up This Morning."

The video was produced to help raise tens of millions of dollars through a controversial government program that offers expedited visas to foreign investors overwhelmingly from China. While the program has many supporters who argue it attracts foreign capital and creates jobs at no U.S. taxpayer cost, congressional overseers and Homeland Security have raised sharp concerns. Applicants are sometimes cleared in less than a month and the critics say the government is essentially selling visas to wealthy foreigners with no proven skills, paving the way for money laundering and compromising national security.

</time>

LongTermGuy
03-07-2016, 09:45 AM

Logic...? getting support from only / mostly one group of voters?:)

:thumb:

"Young lady...think hard about "your" Logic"

http://absoluterights.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Joe.jpg

NightTrain
03-07-2016, 09:46 AM
LTG : The pic of Trump punting the kitten made me chuckle.

fj1200
03-07-2016, 09:49 AM
I didn't discuss any attorney general. I merely pointed out that the BBB is more often than not useless. People get good grades for no reason, people get bad grades for no reason. People are often accused of things on there and it goes unchallenged. To me it's useless and I wouldn't make any business decisions based off the BBB, good or bad.

I'm only saying that the AG doesn't need to be explained. I agree that the BBB is not really something that carries a lot of weight.

It doesn't add up.

:dunno: Money seems to think it is. It doesn't appear trump has a monopoly on fact either:

Last night, Trump tweeted an image (https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/705611414128500736) of the BBB rating appearing to show an “A” rating, although a search today on the website shows that there (http://www.bbb.org/new-york-city/business-reviews/training-programs/the-trump-entrepreneur-initiative-in-new-york-ny-97075) is “No Rating.” It is unclear when or how Trump got the image he posted.

Nevertheless I'm not going to put the same stock in BBB as the AG. They might both be full of crap but one has a legal process.

LongTermGuy
03-07-2016, 09:50 AM
Related?

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2016-03-07/trump-tower-financed-by-rich-chinese-who-invest-cash-for-visas

Meh...more Hate / drivel ..contrived and painted with a wide brush... from scared...Rhinos...Leftists...muslems ...Illegals....and the naive..all who worry about Trump winning

>>>...siding with them is not wise...:cool:

jimnyc
03-07-2016, 09:52 AM
Is anyone disputing that Trump had an A rating, or just that he didn't finish with an A rating? I'm confused?

Kathianne
03-07-2016, 09:52 AM
Meh...more Hate / drivel ..contrived and painted with a wide brush... from scared...Rhinos...Leftists...muslems ...Illegals....and the naive..all who worry about Trump winning

Notice you seldom have anything to say on the subject, just a line and picture. That's cool, but mostly in the sense of logical fallacies.

Perianne
03-07-2016, 09:54 AM

I love Sheriff Joe. I wish he were running for president.

NightTrain
03-07-2016, 10:11 AM
:dunno: Money seems to think it is. It doesn't appear trump has a monopoly on fact either:

Nevertheless I'm not going to put the same stock in BBB as the AG. They might both be full of crap but one has a legal process.

It's possible that it was forged, I'm certainly no forensic expert.

However, I will say that if Trump had the document forged it would quickly come to light and would show undeniable dishonesty on his part - which would devastate his credibility and therefore his campaign. He wouldn't risk it.

jimnyc
03-07-2016, 10:14 AM

However, I will say that if Trump had the document forged it would quickly come to light and would show undeniable dishonesty on his part - which would devastate his credibility and therefore his campaign. He wouldn't risk it.

I don't see where the twitter image has a date for that photo. He DEFINITELY did have an A rating at one point, so the image is likely not 'shopped or anything like that.

pete311
03-07-2016, 10:16 AM
I don't see where the twitter image has a date for that photo. He DEFINITELY did have an A rating at one point, so the image is likely not 'shopped or anything like that.

I presume every business starts with an A?

Kathianne
03-07-2016, 10:17 AM

I'm really with Jim on the relevance of the BBB thing, but Trump sure seemed to be up in arms about it. Personally think the judge's comments were more relevant.

Then to this?

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/better-business-bureau-republican-debate-fax-donald-trump-campaign-election-2016/

By REENA FLORES CBS NEWS March 5, 2016, 3:06 PMBetter Business Bureau denies debate night "fax" to Trump
The Better Business Bureau (BBB) is disputing a report that it had provided Donald Trump's campaign with a "fax" of Trump University ratings during a commercial break for the Fox News Republican debate on Thursday (http://www.cbsnews.com/news/gop-republican-debate-detroit-2016-highlights-analysis/).

The Independent Journal Review posted a video to Twitter showing Trump handing a piece of paper to debate moderators during the break:

Trump can be heard on the recording saying, "Better Business Bureau just sent it...this just came in."

But the BBB said they were not the source of the fax.

On Friday, the organization said this: "A video released by Independent Journal implies that BBB sent a fax in the middle of last night's Republican debate, which we did not. The BBB Business Review of Trump Entrepreneur Initiative (formerly Trump University) has shown 'No Rating' continually since September 2015. The photo tweeted out after the debate last night did not show the current BBB Business Review or the current rating."

The statement comes amid an ongoing controversy over the now-defunct Trump University (http://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-trump-lawsuit-trump-university-judge-new-york-attorney-general/), which is currently embroiled in a civil lawsuit, and its previous BBB ratings.

On Thursday's debate stage, Trump said of his school, "We have a 98 percent approval rating, we have an 'A' from the Better Business Bureau, and people like it."

Debate moderator and Fox News host Megyn Kelly responded that "the rating from the BBB was a D-minus, and it was a result of a number of complaints they received."

Trump later claimed the rating was elevated to an "A."

According to the BBB statement, "Over the years, the company's BBB rating has fluctuated between an A+ and a D-. At this time, the status is 'No Rating' because the company is believed to be out of business."

The BBB's refuting claim is just one of the problems to crop up out of Trump's performance (http://www.cbsnews.com/news/gop-republican-debate-detroit-2016/) on the debate stage Thursday.

A CNN report filed Saturday charged Trump with breaking Fox News' debate rules, citing sources from rival campaigns and the cable network. (http://money.cnn.com/2016/03/05/media/donald-trump-fox-debate-rules/)

According to CNN, Trump consulted with campaign manager Corey Lewandowski during the first commercial break Thursday. That contact would have violated Fox News' stated debate rules, which prohibit any contact between the candidate and their campaign.

Trump's campaign has not responded to a request for comment about the CNN report.

fj1200
03-07-2016, 10:20 AM

I can't speak to where it came from but how can one tweet an A rating yesterday when it isn't rated today and hasn't been for some time.

But I also completely disagree with the logic of your second paragraph; his entire campaign is based on risk/reward. :poke:

jimnyc
03-07-2016, 10:20 AM

No. They have a long list of factors that go into getting graded, including how long have you been in business. So yeah, if you get accredited with them when you've already been in business for 20 years, it's possible - but they still have to go over many, many other things before they hand out a grade.

fj1200
03-07-2016, 10:21 AM

It would be the finishing rating that would be most relevant.

jimnyc
03-07-2016, 10:21 AM
I can't speak to where it came from but how can one tweet an A rating yesterday when it isn't rated today and hasn't been for some time.

But I also completely disagree with the logic of your second paragraph; his entire campaign is based on risk/reward. :poke:

Because some folks out there on the trail stated he never had an A rating at all, which is false.

Gunny
03-07-2016, 10:23 AM

So why on Earth would you even watch? Last one I saw was Reagan and Carter. I think. If I want to watch idiots call other idiots names, I can just log on.

jimnyc
03-07-2016, 10:24 AM
It would be the finishing rating that would be most relevant.

I agree.

But also keep in mind, if no one contests the complaints, even if not legitimate, you're screwed. I'm NOT saying this is the case, because it DOES sound like this business sucked. But the BBB and this rating thing is useless. It's possible that if a Trump rep contested that it could have been increased, and vice versa. I'd like to have seen the list of complaints, read them, count them and all that other jazz. But even then, IMO, it's crap.

pete311
03-07-2016, 10:25 AM
So why on Earth would you even watch? Last one I saw was Reagan and Carter. I think. If I want to watch idiots call other idiots names, I can just log on.

What on earth are you referring to?

jimnyc
03-07-2016, 10:27 AM

Like you, I think he saw a post and didn't read it and just invented shit in his head!

Gunny
03-07-2016, 10:30 AM

Well, last I looked, this was about the so-called argument fests they call debates. I don't get why anyone would listen to these idiots call each other names. I used to be on a debate team. Seems to be a bit much missing here. All I hear is "so am I but what are you?"

fj1200
03-07-2016, 10:30 AM
I agree.

But also keep in mind, if no one contests the complaints, even if not legitimate, you're screwed. I'm NOT saying this is the case, because it DOES sound like this business sucked. But the BBB and this rating thing is useless. It's possible that if a Trump rep contested that it could have been increased, and vice versa. I'd like to have seen the list of complaints, read them, count them and all that other jazz. But even then, IMO, it's crap.

There is no point to tossing out tweets of A ratings when it's impossible to have at this point and doesn't appear to have been accurate at the end. I suppose anything else doesn't advance the "it'll be terrific" narrative.

jimnyc
03-07-2016, 10:31 AM
Well, last I looked, this was about the so-called argument fests they call debates. I don't get why anyone would listen to these idiots call each other names. I used to be on a debate team. Seems to be a bit much missing her. All I hear is "so am I but what are you?"

In addition to "Little Marco" and "Trump has small hands" :coffee:

jimnyc
03-07-2016, 10:32 AM
There is no point to tossing out tweets of A ratings when it's impossible to have at this point and doesn't appear to have been accurate at the end. I suppose anything else doesn't advance the "it'll be terrific" narrative.

Unless of course one wants to dispute someone stating they never had an A rating

Kathianne
03-07-2016, 10:36 AM
Because some folks out there on the trail stated he never had an A rating at all, which is false.

I haven't seen anything like denials that at one time there was an A rating? I'm pretty sure the question posed to Trump at the debate was that the last rating was a D-, he claimed it was an A after being provided more information-claimed it was currently an A. Not so, like others it was currently 'not rated' as stated during the debate-as 'no longer in business.'

Everything I've seen has backed up that the 'university's' ratings had fluctuated from A- to D-. The last being D-.

I don't think the BBB is more than a distraction, the judge's comments comparing to Madoff like business though, are relevant to me.

Gunny
03-07-2016, 10:44 AM
In addition to "Little Marco" and "Trump has small hands" :coffee:

Dude, I don't listen to that kind of trash. In case someone wants ot enlighten me, what does small hands have to do with shit? I actually have really big hands. I don't get why people trip on name-calling.

Edit: Marine sense of humor on: I had this black SSgt that looked like the dude from the remake of Planet of the Apes tell me I was bald. I was like what was your first clue? The shaved head? Then she proceeded to tell me she'd never date a bald guy. I'm like I'd never date anybody that looked like a gorilla. Guess we're even.

She never talked to me again, btw. :laugh:

jimnyc
03-07-2016, 10:45 AM
A lot can be determined from the amount of complaints and whether or not they were closed. Trump had 25 complaints in the last 3 years the business was open and all 25 were closed. 14 of them closed in the last 12 months they had the name "Trump University". No score is listed here as this is also in 8/11 after the business was closed. I can't find any outstanding complaints listed. Of all the complaints, 4 of them were left unsatisfied.

http://web.archive.org/web/20110825094605/http://www.bbb.org/new-york-city/business-reviews/training-programs/the-trump-entrepreneur-initiative-in-new-york-ny-97075/

Gunny
03-07-2016, 10:53 AM
A lot can be determined from the amount of complaints and whether or not they were closed. Trump had 25 complaints in the last 3 years the business was open and all 25 were closed. 14 of them closed in the last 12 months they had the name "Trump University". No score is listed here as this is also in 8/11 after the business was closed. I can't find any outstanding complaints listed. Of all the complaints, 4 of them were left unsatisfied.

http://web.archive.org/web/20110825094605/http://www.bbb.org/new-york-city/business-reviews/training-programs/the-trump-entrepreneur-initiative-in-new-york-ny-97075/

Okay. So why do you have react? That's what I don't get. I react to YOU, not him. My opinion of him is consistent and always has been. I couldn't stand him in the 80s. FF 30 years. I still think he sucks.

You're not going to sell him. I wish you'd get that. The only people like me that are going to vote for him is he's the less of the losers. I've already heard a bunch say they're staying home. And I can't argue with their reasons. We put the dumbest a-holes up and expect people to vote.

Trump's not even a Republican nor conservative.

jimnyc
03-07-2016, 10:57 AM
Here is a different link I found from 2010, from April, which DOES show it as a D- rating.

https://web.archive.org/web/20100419162029/http://www.bbb.org/new-york-city/business-reviews/training-programs/trump-university-in-new-york-ny-97075

It also shows the complaints at that time. 13 complaints in total in the prior 3 years.

jimnyc
03-07-2016, 11:01 AM
Okay. So why do you have react?

Because I don't like you. :lol:

tailfins
03-07-2016, 11:11 AM
Because I don't like you. :lol:

Jim, that goes against everything you've tried to explain to me over the years. Haven't you been trying to convince me that not acknowledging someone's existence is one of the biggest put-downs you can do?

jimnyc
03-07-2016, 11:12 AM
Jim, that goes against everything you've tried to explain to me over the years. Haven't you been trying to convince me that not acknowledging someone's existence is one of the biggest put-downs you can do?

You have to sometimes understand sarcasm. I like Gunny, he's a friend, so sometimes saying mean things is actually being nice to one another. Me and my brothers always cuss and make fun of one another, but always in a fun way. Well, almost always.

tailfins
03-07-2016, 11:13 AM
Here is a different link I found from 2010, from April, which DOES show it as a D- rating.

https://web.archive.org/web/20100419162029/http://www.bbb.org/new-york-city/business-reviews/training-programs/trump-university-in-new-york-ny-97075

It also shows the complaints at that time. 13 complaints in total in the prior 3 years.

Complaining to the BBB is a waste of time and people have caught on to that. The state Attorney General's Office is where you go to get action. I can tell you that from experience.

Gunny
03-07-2016, 11:15 AM

Here's the thing. He's a jerk. What's he going to do to us? Talk his way into another war? Anyone who thinks I thought Bush was right going to Iraq needs to rethink. Dumbest move since Hitler tried to invade Russia. He's talking this crap and y'all are buying it with no consideration for the politics.

If I thought they'd send us in and let us win, no conditions, I volunteer my old ass in a heartbeat. But think of what you're asking. I have a crippled daughter from Iraq from a war nobody wanted to win. She is daddy's little girl and got her ass blown up for some political bullshit.

If I have to give up my child it damned sure better be worth something. If you're going to send someone to die, it better be worth dying for. We don't need anything form them. We have our own crap if y'all'd just stomp some leftwing ass and let us use it.

jimnyc
03-07-2016, 11:17 AM
Here's the thing. He's a jerk. What's he going to do to us? Talk his way into another war? Anyone who thinks I thought Bush was right going to Iraq needs to rethink. Dumbest move since Hitler tried to invade Russia. He's talking this crap and y'all are buying it with no consideration for the politics.

If I thought they'd send us in and let us win, no conditions, I volunteer my old ass in a heartbeat. But think of what you're asking. I have a crippled daughter from Iraq from a war nobody wanted to win. She is daddy's little girl and got her ass blown up for some political bullshit.

If I have to give up my child it damned sure better be worth something. If you're going to send someone to die, it better be worth dying for. We don't need anything form them. We have our own crap if y'all'd just stomp some leftwing ass and let us use it.

On the war front, all I care about is making sure ISIS doesn't continue to grow, and then we see even more attempts on attacks here at home.

Gunny
03-07-2016, 11:46 AM
On the war front, all I care about is making sure ISIS doesn't continue to grow, and then we see even more attempts on attacks here at home.

Here's the thing. I'm a qualified asshole. If you think I have feelings for anyone but my baby, don't. They hurt her. There's NO fucking redemption. God may forgive, but I fucking don't. And a dumbass politician sent her there. And all she was trying to do was impress daddy.

I think the NT thread got me going. Those ragheaded son of a bitches have ruled my life. My best friend who I got stuck with the sorry fuck from boot camp got shot dead beside me. My daughter can hardly walk. We tease around about it because I just try to keep shut up. You and tyr just want to blow everyone up.

I'd kill everyone of those fuckers I could get a line of sight on. But don't send my boys over there to die for your politics.

Y'all watch people die on tv. We don't. And if you think I'm ever going to get over it? Don't. I love hearing "well you got PTSD." Screw you. SO does every fireman that was in 9/11.

And because my brothers won't say ... this is for you.

Gunny
03-07-2016, 07:31 PM
And if you're happier than me right now, you must know my doctor. His idea of fixing stuff is let's toss some pills your way. Needless to say I was more than happy to follow his orders. :laugh2:

tailfins
03-07-2016, 07:47 PM
Here's the thing. I'm a qualified asshole. If you think I have feelings for anyone but my baby, don't. They hurt her. There's NO fucking redemption. God may forgive, but I fucking don't. And a dumbass politician sent her there. And all she was trying to do was impress daddy.

I think the NT thread got me going. Those ragheaded son of a bitches have ruled my life. My best friend who I got stuck with the sorry fuck from boot camp got shot dead beside me. My daughter can hardly walk. We tease around about it because I just try to keep shut up. You and tyr just want to blow everyone up.

I'd kill everyone of those fuckers I could get a line of sight on. But don't send my boys over there to die for your politics.

Y'all watch people die on tv. We don't. And if you think I'm ever going to get over it? Don't. I love hearing "well you got PTSD." Screw you. SO does every fireman that was in 9/11.

And because my brothers won't say ... this is for you.

I'm sorry about your distress. What Muslims represent to me is initiative to get a stuck project moving. Hindus seem to have a gift for being busy without being productive. Anglo women likewise spend so much time showing everyone how assertive they are that they don't actually complete projects without significant defects. Companies aren't hiring many American information technology workers these days. I stay in the game by out-thinking, out-working and out-studying the offshore and H1B Visa workers. Say what you will about Muslims, but they DO have initiative.

Kathianne
03-08-2016, 02:47 PM

For what it's worth, BBB has issued a record of the ratings-everyone is right!

http://time.com/4251160/better-business-bureau-trump-university-rating/