PDA

View Full Version : Seems the campaigning needs to start

jimnyc
03-04-2016, 08:11 PM
In order for Trump to lose, someone else needs to surpass him. But folks, the citizens, the voters, don't seem to be doing anything to campaign on their behalf, if that's what they want. Folks have complained that he gets all of the air time, that the media spends all of their time on Trump. But the same more or less happens here too. Folks inability to stay positive about who they support, and spending the majority of time on hating Trump, is exactly what is helping him stay in the lead. And all of the attention spent on him is exactly what the media has been accused of doing.

Kathianne
03-04-2016, 08:34 PM
In order for Trump to lose, someone else needs to surpass him. But folks, the citizens, the voters, don't seem to be doing anything to campaign on their behalf, if that's what they want. Folks have complained that he gets all of the air time, that the media spends all of their time on Trump. But the same more or less happens here too. Folks inability to stay positive about who they support, and spending the majority of time on hating Trump, is exactly what is helping him stay in the lead. And all of the attention spent on him is exactly what the media has been accused of doing.

Certainly is some truth in that. Blame Trump. He says things like he did regarding the military last evening, that creates conversation. NT, I and others discussed at some length how we thought Rubio and Cruz did. Today I made a comment of my opinion regarding Kasich.

My first choice, I think yours too, dropped out before much got going, Scott Walker. I've stated that I can easily vote for Rubio or Cruz, I prefer Rubio but Cruz is more than acceptable.

Now we're down to the decision time. In all likelihood Trump will do great tomorrow and the 15th, winner take all come then. It may well be settled then. That a few of us are trying to push our guy or by the very nature of the contest that Trump has beautifully created, dis his remarks, well that is what it's about.

I very much assume that Trump will win the needed delegates, if not, he'll have to go to the convention-even then I doubt they will overturn the majority of votes cast. If they do? It will be much more of a mess then those of us that go 3rd party, vote D, or stay home for this election.

In any case, the writing is on the wall the 'big tent' of the GOP is something some of us aren't really keen on if the results are as they've been. I probably will go independent, if there are real elections in our futures.