nevadamedic
07-16-2007, 04:37 PM
Story Highlights

Man shot and killed outside office of Colorado governor, spokesman says
Unidentified man, who had a gun, said, "I am the emperor"
Four or five shots heard; unclear how many times security officer fired
Gov. Bill Ritter not injured

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/07/16/colorado.capitol.ap/index.html

It's a miracle noone was injured. I don't see why they don't have metal detectors at the state capitols. This proves there could be potential threats. Its amazing that this guy made it as far as he did.

waterrescuedude2000
07-17-2007, 12:36 AM
Yes it is a miracle no one was hurt. I mean I know the immigration office in reno has armed security and metal detectors you cant even go in with a pocket knife. I went when my friend phil was getting his citizenship here. So I would have thought that the government buildings that have politicians would have metal detectors.

nevadamedic
07-17-2007, 12:42 AM
Yes it is a miracle no one was hurt. I mean I know the immigration office in reno has armed security and metal detectors you cant even go in with a pocket knife. I went when my friend phil was getting his citizenship here. So I would have thought that the government buildings that have politicians would have metal detectors.

I guess they figure the the Capitol doesn't need it with Capitol Police all over the place and the Governors protection detail. I think metal detectors should be required in all building's that elected officials use on a regular basis.

waterrescuedude2000
07-17-2007, 05:17 AM
Yeah metal detectors are a good idea. But as always its just a tool that will stop most people but not the most determined. I mean a janitor could sneak something in form a side door or whatever. Who knows I mean even the best security measures has some kind of glitches in it.

nevadamedic
07-17-2007, 01:42 PM
Yeah metal detectors are a good idea. But as always its just a tool that will stop most people but not the most determined. I mean a janitor could sneak something in form a side door or whatever. Who knows I mean even the best security measures has some kind of glitches in it.

Usually anything that coes in is checked. the janitors equipment is in the camitol, they bring nothing in. Put metal detectors on them too or even an exray machine for employees and guests bringing in packages. The National Archives Museum has the best security line up I have ever seen, and thats what our State Capitols need. Although usually only the top police officers in the state work at the Capitol so there is a plus.

nevadamedic
07-17-2007, 11:42 PM
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/13694630/detail.html?cnn=yes

Here is the most recent story. First CNN reported that he was waiving his gun in the air, now they are saying he didn't even have it in his hand, why couldn't the officer hit him with a tazer? I am wondering about excessive use of force?