PDA

View Full Version : Already thinking about it

Abbey Marie
03-04-2016, 11:39 PM
My morning coffee.

What is your favorite brand/type?

To home-brew, I like Starbuck's Dark Italian Roast. Second, I like their Sumatra. I'm willing to pay a little more to savor that great strong cup in my comfy chair.
If I'm out, I'm too cheap to buy Starbuck's at take out prices. :eek: I'm perfectly happy with Dunkin Donuts, Wawa, 7-11, whatever.

Kathianne
03-04-2016, 11:44 PM
My morning coffee.

To home-brew, I like Starbuck's Dark Italian Roast. Second, I like their Sumatra. I'm willing to pay a little more to savor that great strong cup in my comfy chair.
If I'm out, I'm too cheap to buy Starbuck's at take out prices. :eek: I'm perfectly happy with Dunkin Donuts, Wawa, 7-11, whatever.

I'm still drinking it. I pretty much buy what's on sale from amongst: Peet's; Dunkin Donuts; or Illy. Starbucks is just too strong-tastes burnt to me. I drink it black.

Voted4Reagan
03-04-2016, 11:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi9BRgjvOlk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcwAwTPX3IQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXKh3_Vojjs

Voted4Reagan
03-04-2016, 11:55 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXKh3_Vojjs&list=RDvXKh3_Vojjs#t=56

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9Cec9Fb6JI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLKiLIQMiWI

LongTermGuy
03-05-2016, 12:00 AM
~ "I'm willing to pay a little more to savor that great strong cup in my comfy chair." ~

​Yes...me also...Fresh ground (use my grinder) Full Flavored Colombian...dash of Hazelnut creme...Helps me think clearly in the morning...feels good...tastes good...keeps my focus sharp...

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/cc/28/fa/cc28fa6969cbae842c275479937b5ca9.jpg

Sniff......ahhhhhhhhhhhh...

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MzgzWDcwNQ==/z/TYEAAOSwEppUNxRg/$_35.JPG

http://clborah.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/81917-cupofcoffee-bmp.jpg

Kathianne
03-05-2016, 12:03 AM
Yeah, for a couple years one of my friends went to Brazil for business every couple months. Would bring me back 10lb bag and it was the best.

Anyone going to Brazil?

jimnyc
03-05-2016, 10:13 AM
Green Mountain blends for my Keurig. But after trying a million different kinds over the years, I'm content now with just their regular medium roast, and usually half/half now. If I'm out and want a coffee, I prefer 7/11 who actually brews a pretty good cup too.

On #5 this morn, it IS Saturday.

Abbey Marie
03-05-2016, 10:42 AM
Green Mountain blends for my Keurig. But after trying a million different kinds over the years, I'm content now with just their regular medium roast, and usually half/half now. If I'm out and want a coffee, I prefer 7/11 who actually brews a pretty good cup too.

On #5 this morn, it IS Saturday.

i like Green Mountain, too. Started drinking it on our trips toNew England. Lake and Lodge is my fave.

Gunny
03-05-2016, 10:51 AM
Ya'll sure like to spiffy up stuff. I like mine hot, black and it comes out of a little tan packet at 4:30 AM. You have to drink your coffee first because you need to shave in that canteen cup. Vice versa tastes pretty bad.

jimnyc
03-05-2016, 10:53 AM
i like Green Mountain, too. Started drinking it on our trips toNew England. Lake and Lodge is my fave.

More and more places are starting to use GM coffee. I hope that's not because it's cheap. LOL

Ever had "Kopi Luwak"? I think that's the one from "The bucket list" where the animals eat the beans and then poop them out! LOL I don't even want to know what the first person was thinking when they decided to drink it! It's supposed to be the most expensive coffee in the world.

jimnyc
03-05-2016, 10:55 AM
Ya'll sure like to spiffy up stuff. I like mine hot, black and it comes out of a little tan packet at 4:30 AM. You have to drink your coffee first because you need to shave in that canteen cup. Vice versa tastes pretty bad.

Ever drink motel/hotel coffee that they leave in the rooms? The stuff they expect you to put powdered milk and crap into it to drink? You would probably like it!

I went to a BP gas station on the way home from visiting Jeff once. I think it was in South Carolina. It was like 4am. All they had was one with like a yellow handle, and it was labeled like super caffeinated. My God this stuff was horrible, probably sat for days and days. I tossed that shit out the window before I even got back on the highway and got back off the next exit I saw with a real coffee place!

LongTermGuy
03-05-2016, 10:59 AM

....Away from the battlefield..."Spiffy" is good for the soul....and an earned treat...:coffee:

Abbey Marie
03-05-2016, 11:08 AM
More and more places are starting to use GM coffee. I hope that's not because it's cheap. LOL

Ever had "Kopi Luwak"? I think that's the one from "The bucket list" where the animals eat the beans and then poop them out! LOL I don't even want to know what the first person was thinking when they decided to drink it! It's supposed to be the most expensive coffee in the world.

Haha, hells no!

NightTrain
03-05-2016, 11:17 AM
I avoid Gas Station and Hotel coffee like the plague - when I have a choice.

If that's all that's available, though... bottoms up!

Gunny
03-05-2016, 11:18 AM
Ever drink motel/hotel coffee that they leave in the rooms? The stuff they expect you to put powdered milk and crap into it to drink? You would probably like it!

I went to a BP gas station on the way home from visiting Jeff once. I think it was in South Carolina. It was like 4am. All they had was one with like a yellow handle, and it was labeled like super caffeinated. My God this stuff was horrible, probably sat for days and days. I tossed that shit out the window before I even got back on the highway and got back off the next exit I saw with a real coffee place!

How bad is it you'll drink canteen cup coffee and won't touch that Motel 6 sludge? We used to have this thing called a steel pot. We used to shave, eat and bathe out of it. You can't do ANY of that in that plastic kevlar POS. You can't even sit on it.

Lat time I drank powdered milk I was 5. Me n the family went to battle and I won. Got sent to bed early, restriction, whipped, and I STILL wouldn't drink that shit. My dad was at a loss. He always thought he could win. Unless you thought you were making me eat turnips or drink reconstitued milk. Deal breaker.

jimnyc
03-05-2016, 11:58 AM
I avoid Gas Station and Hotel coffee like the plague - when I have a choice.

If that's all that's available, though... bottoms up!

Same here. I mean, I HAVE to have the coffee. I'm willing to drive though. But if no choice? Yea. And the weird thing? I always steal the hotel coffee when I leave. I figure I paid for it, so I take it. And why I have no idea, because I won't drink it.

How bad is it you'll drink canteen cup coffee and won't touch that Motel 6 sludge? We used to have this thing called a steel pot. We used to shave, eat and bathe out of it. You can't do ANY of that in that plastic kevlar POS. You can't even sit on it.

Lat time I drank powdered milk I was 5. Me n the family went to battle and I won. Got sent to bed early, restriction, whipped, and I STILL wouldn't drink that shit. My dad was at a loss. He always thought he could win. Unless you thought you were making me eat turnips or drink reconstitued milk. Deal breaker.

Powdered milk is HORRID, imo. A friend growing up, his family used it for EVERYTHING. I ate over there a few times and they would actually pour a glass of that crap and drink it too. No way, mine sat there. I can 'almost' see using it in baking something that needs milk, but that's as far as I'm willing to go.

WiccanLiberal
03-05-2016, 03:21 PM
I have no preference because I haven't drunk coffee in years. I used to be able to put away a full pot at work all by myself but found it increasingly creating unacceptable levels of acid in my stomach. I gave it up. I may have a small cup occasionally at a meal if it is really good but otherwise I stick to tea. Of course I brew mouse tea. For the uninitiated that means I leave it steep until it is strong enough for a mouse to run across. And yes I have a brown betty teapot and a tea cozy and a mesh infuser for loose leaf tea. Hmmm maybe time for a pot right now.

Jeff
03-06-2016, 08:44 AM
The Ol Lady went out last week and bought me a new Keurig machine, the K450, and I love it. It seems to make a good cup of coffee no matter the brand, but Green Mountain Breakfast Blend does it for me. :thumb:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8534&stc=1

Olivia
03-06-2016, 09:14 AM
Our Kerug is about to wear out. I have figured out that at the rate my husband drinks coffee those pods and distilled water costs us about $240.00 per month. I think I am going to look for a pot with a thermos carafe.

Perianne
03-06-2016, 09:33 AM
Our Kerug is about to wear out. I have figured out that at the rate my husband drinks coffee those pods and distilled water costs us about $240.00 per month. I think I am going to look for a pot with a thermos carafe.

It's good to see you, Olivia.

tailfins
03-06-2016, 09:58 AM
My morning coffee.

At home it's Cafe Bustelo, unless we happen by a Brazilian store, then it's Caboclo. The funny thing is that Bustelo is a Cuban-American brand (now available at Wal-Mart in the Ethnic Section), but in Portuguese that word means "booger".

Your post caused me to further research the matter! I actually do that with almost all serious posts I respond to. It turns out that Pilon is also a Cuban-American coffee and also available at Wal-mart.

Interestingly enough Cubans and Brazilians have similar taste in coffee. When we were in Miami, my wife and I stopped at Versailles as well as many corner lunch counters and she was surprised at how similar Cuban prepared coffee is to Brazilian prepared coffee.

And....

look at this: Caboclo is now available on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Caboclo-Torrado-Ground-Coffee-17-60oz/dp/B00B1VXF9U

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71cGlmYa9ZL._SX522_.jpg

LongTermGuy
03-06-2016, 10:16 AM
The Ol Lady went out last week and bought me a new Keurig machine, the K450, and I love it. It seems to make a good cup of coffee no matter the brand, but Green Mountain Breakfast Blend does it for me. :thumb:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8534&stc=1

Ok buddy you got my attention....here is a good review..with opinions...nice machine!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_pU4LCtIDc

LongTermGuy
03-06-2016, 10:18 AM

Fancy machines are nice....but I prefer the basics ....I even use a french press....

Abbey Marie
03-06-2016, 10:58 AM
Fancy machines are nice....but I prefer the basics ....I even use a french press....

My brother purposely still uses one of these. He swears percolated coffee in one of these old pots tastes better.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/c0/1a/a1/c01aa1b38d88c1d79c1d2397a38394a0.jpg

tailfins
03-06-2016, 03:07 PM
My brother purposely still uses one of these. He swears percolated coffee in one of these old pots tastes better.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/c0/1a/a1/c01aa1b38d88c1d79c1d2397a38394a0.jpg

He's absolutely right. Some of the best coffee I ever had was made with an old sauce pan and strained through old flannel as a guest of a dirt poor family in Brazil. The beans were recently roasted from just-picked beans. People who work for coffee producers are allowed to take some home.

darin
03-07-2016, 02:45 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLKiLIQMiWI

Very Fickle. Redundant.

jimnyc
03-07-2016, 07:59 AM
I had 2 cups so far this morning and it still feels like I just crawled out of bed. But I did toss and turn half the night. Time for a double cup!

jimnyc
03-07-2016, 08:06 AM
Switched to the double mug! My cute little doggy mug, comes out in emergencies!

http://i.imgur.com/jyOktzK.jpg

Drummond
03-07-2016, 08:07 AM
My preferences ... I'm beginning to develop a taste for latte coffee. Until now ... any espresso coffee, industrial strength coffee has been 'my thing' for a long time now ... ever since the time I once visited a coffee shop in an Italian border town and encountered a cup of coffee of a syrupy consistency that you could stand your spoon upright in .... a favourite memory ..

Type of coffee ... Kenya Peaberry, Old Brown Java (made with an Aeropress machine). Or, a Tassimo machine, fairly recently bought (for the latte coffee). Tea .. need anybody ask ?? Earl Grey, Hot .....

LongTermGuy
03-07-2016, 09:25 AM
I had 2 cups so far this morning and it still feels like I just crawled out of bed. But I did toss and turn half the night. Time for a double cup!

Im on my 3rd cup this morning...that should do me until late afternoon...

http://www.photoaxe.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Old-man-and-his-coffee.jpg

Abbey Marie
03-07-2016, 09:28 AM
My preferences ... I'm beginning to develop a taste for latte coffee. Until now ... any espresso coffee, industrial strength coffee has been 'my thing' for a long time now ... ever since the time I once visited a coffee shop in an Italian border town and encountered a cup of coffee of a syrupy consistency that you could stand your spoon upright in .... a favourite memory ..

Type of coffee ... Kenya Peaberry, Old Brown Java (made with an Aeropress machine). Or, a Tassimo machine, fairly recently bought (for the latte coffee). Tea .. need anybody ask ?? Earl Grey, Hot .....

Yes, Captain Picard! :cool:

Is there any tea that comes close to Earl Grey? I think not!

Kathianne
03-07-2016, 09:30 AM

I like Earl Grey, but also Constant Comment. Still, coffee rules! ;)

Jeff
03-07-2016, 09:32 AM

The one I have came with the Carafe pot. I figured it would be great for someone who drinks a bunch or if ya have company, me I try to drink 2 cups in the morning and maybe one in the afternoon, When I was still on the road I drank it by the gallon. I had a heart attack about 10 years ago and the when the Doc came in at one point my wife explained how I took pills to stay awake (can't make money if the wheels aren't turning, and after all sleep is over rated, or so I thought :laugh:) well I explained to the Doc that all the pills were legal, I told him they were sold at the truck stops, he said yea like the truckers-Luv-it's and so on, and I told him yea, he said and I bet you have a big ol trucker mug, one that holds about a gallon of coffee, again I said yea, he then said hell them pills are like 20 cups of coffee, you should of been dead long before this. Well I can honestly say that hit home and I slowed it down with the caffeine :laugh:

Abbey Marie
03-07-2016, 09:34 AM
There are Keurigs that make individual cups AND/OR whole pots of coffee in one machine? Where the heck have I been?

Perianne
03-07-2016, 09:43 AM
Every time I get on here and read about coffee, I get the urge to go make some. I have to make the decaf, though. Caffeine makes me hyper.

My husband (RIP) used to like for me to drink coffee before "bedtime" (if ya know what I mean).

Jeff
03-07-2016, 09:47 AM
There are Keurigs that make individual cups AND/OR whole pots of coffee in one machine? Where the heck have I been?

Heck Abbey I happened to go to Bed Bath and Beyond ( truth be told I actually walked into a store, I hate going into stores I usually either wait in the parking lot or don't go at all) but heck yea, I seen all kinds of things that shocked the heck out of me, this new coffee machine being the one I liked best. :laugh:

Perianne
03-07-2016, 09:49 AM
Heck Abbey I happened to go to Bed Bath and Beyond ( truth be told I actually walked into a store, I hate going into stores I usually either wait in the parking lot or don't go at all) but heck yea, I seen all kinds of things that shocked the heck out of me, this new coffee machine being the one I liked best. :laugh:
Jeff, you would look cute picking out some towels. :)

NightTrain
03-07-2016, 10:00 AM

Using a French Press gives you far superior coffee than percolated or drip. I think it has something to do with the oils not being burned off.

The only downside is that you can only make like 4 cups at a time and it's a bit more work.

Kathianne
03-07-2016, 10:01 AM
Using a French Press gives you far superior coffee than percolated or drip. I think it has something to do with the oils not being burned off.

The only downside is that you can only make like 4 cups at a time and it's a bit more work.

and messy. I used one for awhile, just drink too much to keep dealing with grounds like that. ;)

NightTrain
03-07-2016, 10:13 AM
and messy. I used one for awhile, just drink too much to keep dealing with grounds like that. ;)

Same.
But... DAMN that's good coffee! :coffee:

Abbey Marie
03-07-2016, 10:13 AM

Typical guy. If you all liked shopping, I'd think you were all Caitlyns. ;)

How do you switch from one cup-making to a whole pot? I assume there is a basket involved...

The only reason I haven't used a Keurig type (we had a Tassimo (?) lolling unused in our garage for years), is I like to very often make a whole pot of coffee for the family.

Jeff
03-07-2016, 10:38 AM
Typical guy. If you all liked shopping, I'd think you were all Caitlyns. ;)

How do you switch from one cup-making to a whole pot? I assume there is a basket involved...

The only reason I haven't used a Keurig type (we had a Tassimo (?) lolling unused in our garage for years), is I like to very often make a whole pot of coffee for the family.

Honestly Abbey I have no idea how ya do it, other than it came with attachments to put in where ya would the K-cup (it looked to me to be a attachment that would hold like 4 k-cups) Myself I knew how to put my one K-cup in and get my coffee that is all I cared about, now Laura has the making of a pot down, says when we have company over it will be great, I honestly only cared about making my own :laugh: yea I know a little selfish but heck company isn't here now. :laugh:

Abbey Marie
03-07-2016, 10:39 AM
Honestly Abbey I have no idea how ya do it, other than it came with attachments to put in where ya would the K-cup (it looked to me to be a attachment that would hold like 4 k-cups) Myself I knew how to put my one K-cup in and get my coffee that is all I cared about, now Laura has the making of a pot down, says when we have company over it will be great, I honestly only cared about making my own :laugh: yea I know a little selfish but heck company isn't here now. :laugh:

Thank you for the info! This could be epic. :salute:

tailfins
03-07-2016, 10:42 AM

I try not to over-do it. Drinking too much ruins the experience of being a "connoisseur".

Drummond
03-07-2016, 07:47 PM

Well, there is one other blend I'm getting increasingly fond of .... namely ...

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8559&stc=1

Kathianne
03-07-2016, 07:49 PM
Unless I am your company, you'll find yourself making 3 or 4 pots if we really get a talking. ;)

SassyLady
03-07-2016, 07:51 PM
My morning coffee.

I feel like such an outsider when it comes to coffee. I don't drink it and have no idea what's good or not!

The closest I get is a Starbucks DECAF mocha frap with no whip! So, I guess Starbucks is my favorite decaf. :coffee:

LongTermGuy
03-07-2016, 07:52 PM
Every time I get on here and read about coffee, I get the urge to go make some. I have to make the decaf, though. Caffeine makes me hyper.

My husband (RIP) used to like for me to drink coffee before "bedtime" (if ya know what I mean).

....Drinking a good cup of coffee now....LONG-Day....will be up working on the computer

tonight...*and catching a quick showing of "Better call Saul"... Coffee is good...:cool: