PDA

View Full Version : Has Trump Insulted Our Military?

Kathianne
03-07-2016, 11:33 AM
I know, I know dreaded NRO author, that just happened to serve our country:

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/432416/donald-trump-torture-commander-chief-military-wouldnt-obey

Donald Trump Can’t Stop Slandering American Warriors
by DAVID FRENCH March 7, 2016 4:00 AM

Donald Trump fundamentally misunderstands the American military. He sees it as an instrument of savage brutality, restrained only by political correctness. There is no honor. There is no law. If only the military were free to torture, murder, and blaspheme, then America would win its wars. By believing that American soldiers would follow those orders — or would want to follow those orders — he slanders the character of the American military.

Under fire, Trump backed down. The day after the Michigan debate, he issued a statement saying that he would not order the military to violate the “laws and treaties” governing armed conflict.

Was the crisis averted? Hardly. On Saturday, in Florida, he once again told the mythical story about American general John J. Pershing suppressing a Muslim rebellion in the Philippines by dipping bullets in pig’s blood and executing 49 prisoners, leaving one to tell the story of the massacre. According to Trump, this brutal act suppressed Islamic violence for 25 years. Not only is this story false, historical accounts show that General Pershing was actually more humane than his predecessor, pursuing a counterinsurgency strategy that was more in line with winning over the population than with suppressing it with atrocities.

Then, on Sunday, Trump moved back to the pro-torture position. After proclaiming on CBS’s Face the Nation that he would ask the military to “stay within the laws,” he added that he wanted to “increase the laws because the laws are not working, obviously.” In other words, he’s against torture and murder unless he can make it legal.

Trump slanders American warriors past and present. It’s as if he sees America’s fighting men and women as a band of suppressed savages, primed to slaughter but held back only by antiquated notions of morality — morality that he calls “political correctness.” While he claims to “love the vets,” he should get to know them, and when he does, he’ll learn that their honor and integrity preclude the savagery he cravenly implores.

Perianne
03-07-2016, 11:46 AM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8547&stc=1

Kathianne
03-07-2016, 11:48 AM
I don't care if you think I'm weird, really. :thumb:

Perianne
03-07-2016, 11:53 AM
I don't care if you think I'm weird, really. :thumb:

I wasn't talking about you, Kathianne. I think you are smart.

I am talking about those poopoo heads at National Review.

revelarts
03-07-2016, 11:56 AM

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/432416/donald-trump-torture-commander-chief-military-wouldnt-obey

I seems the idea that any U.S. general was HUMANE (or more humane to the enemy than a previous commander) ... but still got the job done is not something some people on the right can even compute anymore.

No matter who did it or said it in ancient or recent history.
and never mind U.S., military or international laws or treaties.

Kathianne
03-07-2016, 11:58 AM
I wasn't talking about you, @Kathianne (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=8). I think you are smart.

I am talking about those poopoo heads at National Review.

Indeed, how dare a vet talk about issues. :rolleyes:
What he says is relevant or not, whether it's on NRO or Infowars. :thumb:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-07-2016, 12:23 PM

So the author is a Trump hater- big deal.
Did he explain how every other president previous knew every damn thing about the military before they stepped in as CIC.
OF COURSE HE DIDN'T- JUST ANOTHER ANOTHER ANTI-TRUMP HACK MOUTHING OFF.
I'D SLAP HIM ON HIS ASS IF HE SPOKE THAT TRASH TO ME INSULTING MY INTELLIGENCE WITH SUCH STUPID COMMENTARY.
HIS BEING EX-MILITARY GIVES HIM NO SPECIAL CREDS ON THIS ISSUE AS ITS ABOUT PERSONAL JUDGMENT AND POLITICS NOT FFING WARFARE AND KILLING THE DAMN ENEMY.

His words , opinions and previous service does not mean a damn thing to me on this issue and the presidential election. If it did -I say let the military current and ex- decide our president!
I don't -so ffkk him...- :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: -Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-07-2016, 12:24 PM
Indeed, how dare a vet talk about issues. :rolleyes:
What he says is relevant or not, whether it's on NRO or Infowars. :thumb:

See my previous reply. ;)--Tyr

Kathianne
03-07-2016, 12:27 PM
See my previous reply. ;)--Tyr

I did. So you are saying that Trump's position is not insulting to our military, he's right?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-07-2016, 01:18 PM
I did. So you are saying that Trump's position is not insulting to our military, he's right?

May be a bit concerning but not insulting as insulting would show intent to insult--that did not happen.
He later clarified -so no biggie with me but your question would be better answered by a ex-veteran here-
I never served. -Tyr

fj1200
03-07-2016, 01:46 PM
Nothing to see here. Move along. :rolleyes:

aboutime
03-07-2016, 02:55 PM
Trump DID NOT insult Our Military. But...he did, insult himself. Speaking without thinking.

Seems there's a lot of that going around. And too many are willing to look the other way. But jump on Hillary, Sanders, or other candidates if they do the same. Hypocrisy isn't just a Liberal Word.