PDA

View Full Version : Shape of things to come

gabosaurus
03-08-2016, 12:12 PM
My dad and I got together on Sunday and talked about the upcoming possible/probable implosion of the Republican party in the months leading up to the GOP convention. And how the aftermath could affect the November general election.
Not only could the resulting discourse lead to Democrats retaining the White House, but could allow them to take control of the House and Senate as well. The new president would appoint one and possible two liberal Supreme court justices over the next four years. Creating a 5-4 or 6-3 advantage.

Imagine, if you will, a Brave New World where abortion and same sex marriage are fully legal and gun control is increasingly stricter.
Free and unrestricted birth control and tampons for all! :bunny4:

CSM
03-08-2016, 12:17 PM
Well, that certainly one scenario. Did you also discuss Hillary's possible incarceration? did you discuss the implosion of the DNC when they find out that Bernie is the only candidate they have? Did you discuss who Trump might appoint to the Court should he win?

Yeah ... didn't think so. I will say your trolling is getting somewhat better even though it is still sophomoric.

Black Diamond
03-08-2016, 12:19 PM
Well, that certainly one scenario. Did you also discuss Hillary's possible incarceration? did you discuss the implosion of the DNC when they find out that Bernie is the only candidate they have? Did you discuss who Trump might appoint to the Court should he win?

Yeah ... didn't think so. I will say your trolling is getting somewhat better even though it is still sophomoric.
Do you really think Hillary will face jail time? Or any punishment?

CSM
03-08-2016, 12:22 PM
Do you really think Hillary will face jail time? Or any punishment?

Possible but highly doubtful.... I do believe there is a lot more depth to that iceberg than the FBI is telling and the media is studiously avoiding any speculation on the whole thing. You an bet it if it was the R nominee they would be calling for blood.

Kathianne
03-08-2016, 12:24 PM
I think there could be a pardon in Hillary's future, if she wins wouldn't be surprised if it comes just after the election.

Much like Nixon's but worse, as he had just resigned the presidency, not just getting ready to enter.

Black Diamond
03-08-2016, 12:26 PM
I think there could be a pardon in Hillary's future, if she wins wouldn't be surprised if it comes just after the election.

Much like Nixon's but worse, as he had just resigned the presidency, not just getting ready to enter.

Fords approval rating dropped 20 points overnight. Think that would happen today?

CSM
03-08-2016, 12:27 PM

If she wins I would not be surprised if she pardoned herself....

Perianne
03-08-2016, 12:28 PM
My dad and I got together on Sunday and talked about the upcoming possible/probable implosion of the Republican party in the months leading up to the GOP convention. And how the aftermath could affect the November general election.
Not only could the resulting discourse lead to Democrats retaining the White House, but could allow them to take control of the House and Senate as well. The new president would appoint one and possible two liberal Supreme court justices over the next four years. Creating a 5-4 or 6-3 advantage.

Imagine, if you will, a Brave New World where abortion and same sex marriage are fully legal and gun control is increasingly stricter.

Nature gave me no need for either birth control OR tampons.

I am old. :(

Abbey Marie
03-08-2016, 03:14 PM

Look at the depth of anger as expressed in support for Trump's tough talk, and you can see that people will only take so much. Be careful what you wish for.

Abbey Marie
03-08-2016, 03:15 PM
If she wins I would not be surprised if she pardoned herself....

I think many people have a good idea what she should do to herself. And it ain't pardoning.

:eek: ;)

Kathianne
03-08-2016, 03:17 PM
I think many people have a good idea what she should do to herself. And it ain't pardoning.

;)
:omg: Did Abbey mean what I thinks she means? :laugh2:

Abbey Marie
03-08-2016, 03:20 PM
:omg: Did Abbey mean what I thinks she means? :laugh2:

Abbey sure does mean it.

Abbey is, shall we say, not in the best of moods?

NightTrain
03-08-2016, 03:22 PM

:eek: ;)

:lol9:

glockmail
03-08-2016, 04:20 PM
Another troll thread from Gabs. Ho hum

gabosaurus
03-08-2016, 05:32 PM
Another troll thread from Gabs. Ho hum

As always, a different opinion that usual is considered a "troll thread." :rolleyes:

Only conservative Republicans are "angry." The rest of us are fairly satisfied.
Except that we, also, want change. We want Republicans in the House and Senate to stop holding up legislation because of party politics. We want laws favorable to liberals and the mainstreams. We want legislators who obey the law instead of telling us what they believe God wants.

We want liberal Dem control of the White House, Congress and the Supreme Court. The balance of power has been controlled by old white men for far too long.

Perianne
03-08-2016, 05:34 PM
As always, a different opinion that usual is considered a "troll thread." :rolleyes:

Except that we, also, want change. We want Republicans in the House and Senate to stop holding up legislation because of party politics. We want laws favorable to liberals and the mainstreams. We want legislators who obey the law instead of telling us what they believe God wants.

We want liberal Dem control of the White House, Congress and the Supreme Court. The balance of power has been controlled by old white men for far too long.

I love old white men....except as patients. They are the worst.

glockmail
03-08-2016, 05:50 PM

That's funny, you supporting a rapist enabler. :laugh: