PDA

View Full Version : Why Are You Here?

Perianne
03-08-2016, 01:49 PM
I was looking around the internet, searching for a place to land. I ran across this place, so I tried it out. It was okay. Kinda slow compared to what I was used to. I posted here from time to time.

Early on, I posted something in a hunting thread (as a joke), asking if any of the hunters ate dogs. It was a reference to Obama eating dogs.
Well, that didn't sit well with one of the posters and he kinda got red-bottomed and smartypants about it. The great friend @Tyr-Ziu Saxnot (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=2275) came to my defense, saying he had read all my posts and that I was okay. I will always love him for that. Without that intervention on my behalf, I would not be here. I posted sporadically for a while, then kinda came on board full time.

I identified really early who I would not get along with. It's easy. Just read a few threads and you pick up on the....well, you know.

I have invited several of my friends here from other places. Olivia and I go way back. She is the bestest of internet friends. Even so, we have tangled a few times, gotten angry, and then got over it. On another forum, my first political forum, there was a butthole poster - a woman of course - who hated me. Despised me. She was ugly. I am not. She was stupid. I am not. She was the nasty old hag who cleaned the chamber pots. I was the princess. Old hag continually attacked me and called me names like "slut". Management sided with the hag and repeatedly warned me not to attack back...even though I never had. Finally, Olivia got enough of it and told management off... and Olivia got banned. I left, too, and joined her at another forum. I left there after a little while and wound up here. I hope my dear friend Olivia can take the slower pace and stay with us.

Anyway, you can either thank Tyr or curse him; he is the reason I initially stayed. Since then, because I get my little feelings hurt too often, @jimnyc (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=1) has been my backbone. I love Tyr and Jim and many others here. That is why I am here.

NightTrain
03-08-2016, 02:13 PM
Why am I here?

Not long after 9/11, I stumbled across a crappy little message board, one of those free ones. The hottest thread going caught my eye and had about 5 nasty, vicious liberals mobbing a guy named Creek and he was losing... so I jumped in and began swinging roundhouses... I'm pretty sure that thread is where I met Jim and we beat the snot out of them and the liberals retreated to wherever they lurk. The owner wasn't very good at debate, and Jim & I landed there about the same time and started cleaning house - the place was infested with liberals, and we were the exterminators. It was a great deal of fun to unleash the beast!

About a month later, the owner got bored and left it to us. Creek took it over, and we three became the Admins. Then Jim had the brilliant idea of starting our own message board, and USMB was born. The debates were fierce and we weren't very nice. Jim's siblings were there as well, and it grew substantially.

Then some guy made Jim an offer he couldn't refuse and bought USMB. I was on a road trip working off the grid and came back to discover that the old crew had jumped here to this new one, so I landed here to be with my friends as well. I don't think I posted even once on USMB since Jim sold it, but I did log in about a year ago and my account is still active there for some reason. Kind of funny reading some of those old posts, and seeing the firestorm free-for-alls we used to engage in.

Some of those brawls were absolutely epic. I've mellowed a lot since then... I play much nicer these days - until I get pissed, and then the old angry NT starts driving. But that doesn't happen too often.

Black Diamond
03-08-2016, 02:29 PM
Now tell me why are you here...

And tell me where I might find James Kirk.

I'm here because I got tired of backstabbing scumbags and obamabots at a certain shithole.

Olivia
03-08-2016, 02:59 PM
Why am I here?

Not long after 9/11, I stumbled across a crappy little message board, one of those free ones. The hottest thread going caught my eye and had about 5 nasty, vicious liberals mobbing a guy named Creek and he was losing... so I jumped in and began swinging roundhouses... I'm pretty sure that thread is where I met Jim and we beat the snot out of them and the liberals retreated to wherever they lurk. The owner wasn't very good at debate, and Jim & I landed there about the same time and started cleaning house - the place was infested with liberals, and we were the exterminators. It was a great deal of fun to unleash the beast!

About a month later, the owner got bored and left it to us. Creek took it over, and we three became the Admins. Then Jim had the brilliant idea of starting our own message board, and USMB was born. The debates were fierce and we weren't very nice. Jim's siblings were there as well, and it grew substantially.

Then some guy made Jim an offer he couldn't refuse and bought USMB. I was on a road trip working off the grid and came back to discover that the old crew had jumped here to this new one, so I landed here to be with my friends as well. I don't think I posted even once on USMB since Jim sold it, but I did log in about a year ago and my account is still active there for some reason. Kind of funny reading some of those old posts, and seeing the firestorm free-for-alls we used to engage in.

Some of those brawls were absolutely epic. I've mellowed a lot since then... I play much nicer these days - until I get pissed, and then the old angry NT starts driving. But that doesn't happen too often.

I am still a member at USMB, I find it is now massive and difficult to navigate. I like to read there some and visit an old friend. I have been banned from two boards the first was as Perianne described and the second was pretty much an all liberal board. Most conservatives do not do well there and if you question anything you will be in serious jeopardy. Long story short I had a pm battle with an administrator and she threatened a ban, so I kinda goaded her into following through. I am sure it was an easy decision for her. I love to talk politics and all sorts of other stuff, I like to disagree agreeably.