PDA

View Full Version : Election - here's where I'm at

jimnyc
03-08-2016, 04:47 PM
Should Donald Trump not win the nod, and those that be in Washington continue to do all their power to work against him - then I will be pulling for losses in November. If they want to work against the people, then perhaps the people will abandon them.

They'll get what they want, a screwed up convention. Maybe Trump won't even walk away with the nod. But the mess created by such will be devastating, and likely place Hillary in office again. Trump has power of his own via his supporters. Perhaps they will go 3rd party or stay home. Far too many aren't going to demand change and then have Washington tear it away again.

Spiteful? Hell no. It goes back to the same anger that brought many of us to where I am today. I want change.

I'm up in the air and will watch very closely as to how things play out. I'll sure as hell be voting with my conscience as well.

But from what I see so far, all angles point to a Clinton WH victory. And I think folks staying home very well may end up costing the GOP the election, contrary to what I originally thought.

Perianne
03-08-2016, 04:54 PM
But from what I see so far, all angles point to a Clinton WH victory. And I think folks staying home very well may end up costing the GOP the election, contrary to what I originally thought.

If you take our little community as a microcosm, many would indeed rather a Democrat win than vote for Trump. I don't knock them for it. I did the same thing in 2008. I would rather had Obama win than McCain.

jimnyc
03-08-2016, 05:03 PM
If you take our little community as a microcosm, many would indeed rather a Democrat win than vote for Trump. I don't knock them for it. I did the same thing in 2008. I would rather had Obama win than McCain.

I have no issue with anyone voting for whoever it is they want, no issue at all. I do have an issue when the people are being told not to do something, that the GOP knows better than us. They don't. And they may be successful in sinking him but they can't sink those who wanted the change and chose Trump. They need to be careful in underestimating what those folks will do if they screw Trump. Staying home is an option, the same option we thought so many would take if Trump won fairly. Or 3rd party, but the outcome will be the same.

hjmick
03-08-2016, 05:05 PM
If everyone who won't vote for Trump would vote for Gary Johnson, Johnson would get numbers that would certainly send a message.

If it helps, Johnson was the very popular Republican governor of New Mexico...

Olivia
03-08-2016, 05:07 PM
I just think Trump is a liberal Democrat. I cannot stand his vitriol and I do not believe for one minute that he will end illegal immigration. I base that on what he has stood for and for by what he has said. Can you guys tell me why you trust him so much?

Perianne
03-08-2016, 05:10 PM
I just think Trump is a liberal Democrat. I cannot stand his vitriol and I do not believe for one minute that he will end illegal immigration. I base that on what he has stood for and for by what he has said. Can you guys tell me why you trust him so much?

I don't. To me he is a splinter in the GOP's collective eye, and for that I appreciate him.

Perianne
03-08-2016, 05:10 PM
I have no issue with anyone voting for whoever it is they want, no issue at all. I do have an issue when the people are being told not to do something, that the GOP knows better than us. They don't. And they may be successful in sinking him but they can't sink those who wanted the change and chose Trump. They need to be careful in underestimating what those folks will do if they screw Trump. Staying home is an option, the same option we thought so many would take if Trump won fairly. Or 3rd party, but the outcome will be the same.

I totally agree with you, Jim. If they do "screw" Trump, there will be hell to pay from the voters. Probably including me.

hjmick
03-08-2016, 05:13 PM
He has plainly stated that "everything is negotiable, including amnesty."

He is not to be trusted or believed.

Olivia
03-08-2016, 05:20 PM
http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015/08/17/trump-ill-try-to-bring-back-good-illegal-immigrants-rapidly/

jimnyc
03-08-2016, 05:20 PM

Because I do in fact believe he'll start on a wall ASAP if in office. I've also heard this from his kids. I know, I know, they're his kids.... And like I read elsewhere - a good reflection of a man is his children. I also believe, unlike Obama, he'll enforce any laws on the books regarding illegals coming across the border.

jimnyc
03-08-2016, 05:22 PM
http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015/08/17/trump-ill-try-to-bring-back-good-illegal-immigrants-rapidly/

What's wrong with that? He stated they would leave, but then come back legally. Isn't that what we want?

Perianne
03-08-2016, 05:24 PM

Olivia, do you like breitbart? I personally love the site and trust what they say to be the truth, real journalism.

Andrew Breitbart, RIP. :(

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8566&stc=1

jimnyc
03-08-2016, 05:26 PM
He has plainly stated that "everything is negotiable, including amnesty."

He is not to be trusted or believed.

That was in reference to 'supposedly' leaked stuff from the NY times. He further stated that building the wall was not negotiable at all, unless to maybe make it 2 feet shorter.

But I don't think he said it like that quote implies he said "including amnesty", which he didn't. He did say everything was negotiable though.

Olivia
03-08-2016, 05:27 PM
What's wrong with that? He stated they would leave, but then come back legally. Isn't that what we want?

It isn't what I want. Why would you spend tax dollars deporting them only to expedite their return? Not only that illegal immigration has lowered the wages in this country. I want them deported and I want them to stay deported.

Olivia
03-08-2016, 05:28 PM
https://www.trumpquestions.com

so who agrees with Trumps positions in this video?

hjmick
03-08-2016, 05:32 PM
That was in reference to 'supposedly' leaked stuff from the NY times. He further stated that building the wall was not negotiable at all, unless to maybe make it 2 feet shorter.

But I don't think he said it like that quote implies he said "including amnesty", which he didn't. He did say everything was negotiable though.

You could be right, but unless or until he give the Times the okay to release the transcripts of the conversation we'll never know.

My belief is, all his bluster and bullshit about the wall and immigration are bargaining chips for negotiations.

I don't trust the man, never have, never will.

jimnyc
03-08-2016, 05:32 PM
It isn't what I want. Why would you spend tax dollars deporting them only to expedite their return? Not only that illegal immigration has lowered the wages in this country. I want them deported and I want them to stay deported.

Well, he won't be able to expedite their return. I'm sure that part is making the friends of the illegals happy. But whether they are back in 50 years or the next day - they need to be LEGAL.

And I do agree with you like 75% of the way. I don't have much of an issue though if some good folks come back here the proper way.

And I'm also concerned about any refugees being allowed in here from the Syria area, I say no altogether to them for now.

jimnyc
03-08-2016, 05:34 PM
https://www.trumpquestions.com

so who agrees with Trumps positions in this video?

I agree with his stated position of today and believe him 100%.

gabosaurus
03-08-2016, 05:35 PM
I want all of you, as a microcosm of the current GOP, to continue to argue among yourselves. Until the party itself ruptures and implodes. Preferably prior to or during the convention. :cool:

Olivia
03-08-2016, 05:36 PM
I agree with his stated position of today and believe him 100%.

A leopard does not change his spots. Hillary or Trump. You are getting a democrat.

Perianne
03-08-2016, 05:36 PM
I want all of you, as a microcosm of the current GOP, to continue to argue among yourselves. Until the party itself ruptures and implodes. Preferably prior to or during the convention. :cool:

♫ Tear the system down! ♫

jimnyc
03-08-2016, 05:38 PM
A leopard does not change his spots. Hillary or Trump. You are getting a democrat.

Unfortunately, then if that's true, we can expect Ted Cruz to start a path to citizenship for the illegals. :(

Perianne
03-08-2016, 05:38 PM
Unfortunately, then if that's true, we can expect Ted Cruz to start a path to citizenship for the illegals. :(

And Rubio, too.

Olivia
03-08-2016, 05:41 PM
Trump actually hires them.

hjmick
03-08-2016, 05:42 PM

First, no one in this thread is arguing, what you are witnessing is a respectful exchange of ideas and beliefs between people who disagree about a particular candidate. I realize that such an exchange can seem to be a rarity, especially on a message board, but it does happen...

Second, I am a member of neither the GOP nor the Dems (what is the Dem equivalent to the GOP?).

Perianne
03-08-2016, 06:00 PM
first, no one in this thread is arguing, what you are witnessing is a respectful exchange of ideas and beliefs between people who disagree about a particular candidate. I realize that such an exchange can seem to be a rarity, especially on a message board, but it does happen...

Second, i am a member of neither the gop nor the dems (what is the dem equivalent to the gop?).

blm?

LongTermGuy
03-08-2016, 06:02 PM

...Dont think...he is...Trump is a little of (EVERYTHING...Old school Democrat like Reagan was...

....."Old school Democrat" is a far cry from the Democrats (insane Leftist) we have these days...but Trump made the change to Repub...Like Reagan did....

....Remember Trump doesn't have to do this...he has all the money and fame already...He can tell ALL to fuck-off...move his money...bask in the sun...eat steak and Lobster every day and make love to his great looking wife...day in and day out relaxing and not giving a crap about the Political nonsense and craziness...

Trump has a magnetism for people from all walks of life.. " voters from all parties" ..all colors .... all genders....This is why Trump is the best to beat Hillary...the other candidates are weak...and dependent..*I like Cruz...but he has to depend on benefactors..."contributors" to run a campaign...Nothing is for free....>>>"GIVEN".....money always has strings attached to it...never ever forget that...

*Trump is Hated by Leftist...Police hating racists...fools...Illegals... and koran reading (non-asimulating) muslim roaches .....*This is good...Americans know they are on the right track with Trump for that very reason....Trump depends on *NO-ONE ...Again No one ...for support or money (which most always has strings attached)...Trump does not need the Job...Trump loves America...its been good to him...Trump see`s AMERICANS are in trouble...Time for Pay-back...Trump is a successful business man...People respect that...Trump will be great (the best)for Jobs and Trade...etc...

*Trump has experience dealing with the Leftist cacroaches (As a business man) he knows how to "manipulate" them to get what he needed (permits) etc......as a business man he was nice to everyone...Drank and and ate with them went to their weddings.... baby showers...all the stuff...Trump knows them well...That scares the shit out of them...The establishment hates Trump also...Americans can see that...Trump is Kick-Ass fresh-air...with no Fear...:cool:

Carry on...

Kathianne
03-08-2016, 06:16 PM
If everyone who won't vote for Trump would vote for Gary Johnson, Johnson would get numbers that would certainly send a message.

If it helps, Johnson was the very popular Republican governor of New Mexico...

That's pretty much who I'll vote for if Cruz loses the nomination.

Olivia
03-08-2016, 06:17 PM
So does this mean ya'll are going to raise your little hands and promise to support him?

here! Let me show you some Floridian Ducklings.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8567&stc=1

jimnyc
03-08-2016, 06:27 PM
So does this mean ya'll are going to raise your little hands and promise to support him?

Why do so many need to be condescending with anyone who supports Trump?

I'm sorry, my little hands are cooking meatloaf and making potato salad. :thumb:

Black Diamond
03-08-2016, 06:29 PM

here! Let me show you some Floridian Ducklings.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8567&stc=1

Yes we are all going to chant Sieg Heil when Trump wins. I can't wait to stuff Mexicans and Arabs in the oven.

Kathianne
03-08-2016, 06:29 PM
Yes we are all going to chant Sieg Heil when Trump wins. I can't wait to stuff Mexicans and Arabs in the oven.

What is with that Loyalty oath stuff though, that's beyond creepy!

Olivia
03-08-2016, 06:30 PM
Why do so many need to be condescending with anyone who supports Trump?

I'm sorry, my little hands are cooking meatloaf and making potato salad. :thumb:

You mean you haven't seen him asking his supporters to raise their hands and promise to vote for him?

jimnyc

Shit, now I have just a little less potato salad than before! :laugh: :beer:

jimnyc
You mean you haven't seen him asking his supporters to raise their hands and promise to vote for him?

Sure, I knew what it was you were referring to.

gabosaurus
03-08-2016, 07:08 PM

Seriously? I am going to put a meat loaf in when I get home from work. My mom got some ground meat and veggies from the supermarket earlier today. No one in my family likes potato salad, thought. I got some cole slaw instead.

Dang, a man who knows his way around the kitchen. No wonder your wife keeps you around. :bunny4:

Kathianne
03-09-2016, 11:50 AM
...Dont think...he is...Trump is a little of (EVERYTHING...Old school Democrat like Reagan was...

....."Old school Democrat" is a far cry from the Democrats (insane Leftist) we have these days...but Trump made the change to Repub...Like Reagan did....

....Remember Trump doesn't have to do this...he has all the money and fame already...He can tell ALL to fuck-off...move his money...bask in the sun...eat steak and Lobster every day and make love to his great looking wife...day in and day out relaxing and not giving a crap about the Political nonsense and craziness...

Trump has a magnetism for people from all walks of life.. " voters from all parties" ..all colors .... all genders....This is why Trump is the best to beat Hillary...the other candidates are weak...and dependent..*I like Cruz...but he has to depend on benefactors..."contributors" to run a campaign...Nothing is for free....>>>"GIVEN".....money always has strings attached to it...never ever forget that...

*Trump is Hated by Leftist...Police hating racists...fools...Illegals... and koran reading (non-asimulating) muslim roaches .....*This is good...Americans know they are on the right track with Trump for that very reason....Trump depends on *NO-ONE ...Again No one ...for support or money (which most always has strings attached)...Trump does not need the Job...Trump loves America...its been good to him...Trump see`s AMERICANS are in trouble...Time for Pay-back...Trump is a successful business man...People respect that...Trump will be great (the best)for Jobs and Trade...etc...

*Trump has experience dealing with the Leftist cacroaches (As a business man) he knows how to "manipulate" them to get what he needed (permits) etc......as a business man he was nice to everyone...Drank and and ate with them went to their weddings.... baby showers...all the stuff...Trump knows them well...That scares the shit out of them...The establishment hates Trump also...Americans can see that...Trump is Kick-Ass fresh-air...with no Fear...:cool:

Carry on...

Fresh air:

https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/12801666_1340364515989900_1963973688359596514_n.jp g?oh=deec41b0ca04a267de03351585e4e312&oe=575B8AD8

Abbey Marie
03-09-2016, 12:22 PM
First, no one in this thread is arguing, what you are witnessing is a respectful exchange of ideas and beliefs between people who disagree about a particular candidate. I realize that such an exchange can seem to be a rarity, especially on a message board, but it does happen...

Second, I am a member of neither the GOP nor the Dems (what is the Dem equivalent to the GOP?).

The DNC is as close as I can get.