PDA

View Full Version : Uhhh, Don't Drink and Drive

Kathianne
03-08-2016, 11:26 PM
Really.

My goddaughter posted about this on facebook after a friend called her about the story. Friend's husband is a cop, they all live in Roselle. Now the video is out and all over the place:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQLrcBGR-8M

NightTrain
03-09-2016, 12:13 AM
lol, saw that on the news.

Pretty hard to be incognito with a tree mounted in your front clip.

Kathianne
03-09-2016, 12:17 AM
lol, saw that on the news.

Pretty hard to be incognito with a tree mounted in your front clip.

When the goddaughter posted, they just had the picture of the tree embedded in the front. It was the next morning after the stop. Her friend had called and was just like, "XXX told me that this woman was just driving around with a tree stuck in her car..."

The video shows just how much it was a 'tree' not a branch. The way the cop waves his arm, twice towards the tree, gives some indication of just what the woman must have been saying. "What tree?" I saw in an article she 'remembered hitting a tree,' just not where that was.

Don't drink and drive. :laugh2:

NightTrain
03-09-2016, 12:30 AM
You have to hand it to that Lincoln - it's amazing it was still operational. Ford must be putting the radiator & tranny cooler well back from the grille.

They always did have a ton of room under the hood.

Kathianne
03-09-2016, 12:37 AM
You have to hand it to that Lincoln - it's amazing it was still operational. Ford must be putting the radiator & tranny cooler well back from the grille.

That's true. My dad had a Continental when I was just driving. Even I could fix some things on it-could see everything!

Not so on my Mazda. Took a mechanic about 45 minutes to exchange bulbs in headlights. Everything is jammed in there.

Bilgerat
03-09-2016, 08:56 AM
http://www.wcvb.com/image/view/-/38395094/medRes/2/-/maxh/460/maxw/620/-/ls3d3gz/-/Tree-car-jpg.jpg

:laugh: Insert Woman Driver Joke Here :laugh:

Kathianne
03-09-2016, 10:18 AM
http://www.wcvb.com/image/view/-/38395094/medRes/2/-/maxh/460/maxw/620/-/ls3d3gz/-/Tree-car-jpg.jpg

:laugh: Insert Woman Driver Joke Here :laugh:

Dems fighting words! Insert 'drunk' driver here! ;)

glockmail
03-09-2016, 02:14 PM

It looks to me that all that has been severed by the tree. If she hadn't noticed the tree, I kinda doubt she would have noticed dash lights on, steam belching from what's left of the hood, or squealing belts...

Kathianne
03-09-2016, 02:15 PM
It looks to me that all that has been severed by the tree. If she hadn't noticed the tree, I kinda doubt she would have noticed dash lights on, steam belching from what's left of the hood, or squealing belts...

I don't know what noises it was making, but I didn't see steam rising, it was cold. Could see the officer's breath.

glockmail
03-09-2016, 02:23 PM
I don't know what noises it was making, but I didn't see steam rising, it was cold. Could see the officer's breath.

With that amount of damage it's likely that the coolant was pumped out very quickly, so yeah, the amount of steam would be minimal.

Those big Fords are tough cars.