PDA

View Full Version : A big FU to e-zpass

jimnyc
01-29-2007, 05:34 PM
Even though it really isn't them that pissed me off. Opened a letter from them today and in there is a picture of the back of my truck rolling through a NJ Parkway e-zpass lane without paying! What was once a .70 cents toll is now $25.70

This is what happens when your brother borrows your truck and doesn't realize you haven't had e-zpass in over a year!

:upyours: to e-zpass and brothers! :)

jackass
01-29-2007, 05:49 PM
Hahahaha! Sorry to hear it. You know how many of those things I have blown through?? Well not the EZ-Pass...just the regular exact change tolls!! That is huge bummer!

jimnyc
01-29-2007, 05:54 PM
Hahahaha! Sorry to hear it. You know how many of those things I have blown through?? Well not the EZ-Pass...just the regular exact change tolls!! That is huge bummer!

Shit, I know, had I known he would have been a dumbass I would have reminded him to at least blow through the regular toll. But no, he has to go through the lanes that have cameras!

The ClayTaurus
01-29-2007, 06:06 PM
Shit, I know, had I known he would have been a dumbass I would have reminded him to at least blow through the regular toll. But no, he has to go through the lanes that have cameras!Seems like a simple "hey dumbass pay up" is in order.

stephanie
01-29-2007, 06:29 PM
What is a toll road???

We don't have those UP HERE...:uhoh:

:p

Insein
01-29-2007, 06:40 PM
A toll road is another ingenius liberal device that pays a tollcollectors salary by collecting tolls on the road. Now you might ask, why do we need to pay a toll collectors salary with the tolls when we can just eliminate the toll road? That my friends is where the lie is. The roads don't just pay for their salary otherwise it could simply be eliminated. IT is a MAJOR cash cow for states. Just another tax that people pay without realizing it.

stephanie
01-29-2007, 06:51 PM
A toll road is another ingenius liberal device that pays a tollcollectors salary by collecting tolls on the road. Now you might ask, why do we need to pay a toll collectors salary with the tolls when we can just eliminate the toll road? That my friends is where the lie is. The roads don't just pay for their salary otherwise it could simply be eliminated. IT is a MAJOR cash cow for states. Just another tax that people pay without realizing it.

I can't remember the last time I drove on a toll road, but it's been awhile..
They can be a major pain in the rear..

;)

Insein
01-29-2007, 09:07 PM
i drive one every day. PA's Turnpike was initially built and then became a toll road to pay for the construction and pay for the toll collectors salary. Now the road has been paid off for about 60 years yet we still pay tolls everyday. They can claim its to repair the road, but they get an enormous Highway budget from the state and federal every year.

KitchenKitten99
01-29-2007, 09:48 PM
I can't remember the last time I drove on a toll road, but it's been awhile..
They can be a major pain in the rear..

;)

last time i did was in Jan '03 when we were in Orlando and decided to drive to Cocoa Beach.

We have express lanes that you can pay to drive in on one stretch of highway between DT Mpls and the Western suburbs (which ironically are some of the wealthiest-Lake Minnetonka residents are some of the states' biggest income earners), but not many people use it anymore-and it was installed only in 2005. It works like e-z pass in Jim's state, but the toll is only if you want to be in the 'diamond' lane, which used to be the carpool/bus/motorcycle only lane.