PDA

View Full Version : 'Pawn Stars' figure jailed in Vegas on weapon, drug charges

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-10-2016, 05:25 PM
https://www.yahoo.com/news/pawn-stars-figure-jailed-vegas-weapon-drug-charges-015215910.html

U.S.
'Pawn Stars' figure jailed in Vegas on weapon, drug charges
KEN RITTER,Associated Press 19 hours ago

LAS VEGAS (AP) — The man known to millions of cable TV viewers as Chumlee on the reality show “Pawn Stars” was being held late Wednesday in a Las Vegas jail following his arrest on felony weapon and drug charges.

Austin Lee Russell, 33, was taken into custody when officers serving a search warrant in a sexual assault investigation found methamphetamine, marijuana and at least one gun at his southwest Las Vegas home, police said in a statement.

Russell wasn’t booked on a sex-crime allegation. Officer Larry Hadfield, a department spokesman, said that part of the investigation stemmed from a recent complaint by a woman, and it is continuing.

Russell was being held pending an initial court appearance on 19 drug-possession charges and one weapon charge, according to Clark County Detention Center records. His bail was set at $62,000.

It wasn’t immediately clear if Russell had a lawyer.

A man who answered the phone at the Gold & Silver Pawn Shop on Las Vegas Boulevard said he had no information about the arrest. A follow-up voicemail message was not returned.

A spokesman for A&E Network and the History Channel declined by email to comment.

Who would have thought that the Chum would be arrested on gun related charges? :laugh:--Tyr

Bilgerat
03-10-2016, 05:30 PM
http://www.snopes.com/quotes/graphics/waynestupid.jpg

Elessar
03-10-2016, 05:44 PM
Although amusing, I thought he was the weakest character in that program.

aboutime
03-10-2016, 08:04 PM
Chum never gave me the impression he was the SHARPEST knife in a drawer.:laugh:

Aside from acting rude, and dumb. :laugh:Chumb was the reason I stopped watching that show.

There are more than enough dumb people on the few programs I watch.

Bilgerat
03-10-2016, 08:11 PM
Chum never gave me the impression he was the SHARPEST knife in a drawer.:laugh:

Aside from acting rude, and dumb. :laugh:Chumb was the reason I stopped watching that show.

There are more than enough dumb people on the few programs I watch.

He was also quite the "horn dog" when Olivia Black showed up for training :laugh:

In case you forgot her, here she is;

http://skin.ink/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/12-660x400.jpg

aboutime
03-10-2016, 08:20 PM
He was also quite the "horn dog" when Olivia Black showed up for training :laugh:

In case you forgot her, here she is;

http://skin.ink/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/12-660x400.jpg

I will never, never, understand why today's culture is so willing to destroy their bodies for life.

Call me old fashioned, and as a 30 year navy veteran who NEVER got a single tattoo. There's
just something that (If I was a younger, unmarried man) turns me off to the insecurity people show
in themselves by thinking INK on their skin will make them more attractive????

Bilgerat
03-10-2016, 09:44 PM
I will never, never, understand why today's culture is so willing to destroy their bodies for life.

Call me old fashioned, and as a 30 year navy veteran who NEVER got a single tattoo. There's
just something that (If I was a younger, unmarried man) turns me off to the insecurity people show

22 years here and no tats

And I also have the same questions

CSM
03-11-2016, 07:11 AM

30 years in the Army ..... no ink for me. I didn't want any identifying marks just in case I had to kill some asshole.

jimnyc
03-11-2016, 07:36 AM
I have nearly 30 tattoos in total, quite a few blended into one another though. None visible with a shirt on. NOT ONE was placed on me as a result of being insecure about anything. :)

NightTrain
03-11-2016, 08:33 AM
My partner in the cabin was down in Vegas and ran across Chum in a bar - he's not nearly as stupid as he comes off in the show. It's all an act, every show needs a dumb guy around.

That meth charge would explain how he and Big Hoss lost so much weight, though.

jimnyc
03-11-2016, 08:47 AM
My partner in the cabin was down in Vegas and ran across Chum in a bar - he's not nearly as stupid as he comes off in the show. It's all an act, every show needs a dumb guy around.

I saw a few interviews with 'ol Chum and he came off quite smart, and didn't speak with the same slowness with his words. Definitely a lot of it is an act. And oh yeah, I've seen those sites where they will show someone with the effects of meth and you see them deteriorate and wither away. I hope this is a wake up call for him and he doesn't go the way of meth and have it ruin his life. He seems like a nice person, just immature.

Jeff
03-11-2016, 09:26 AM

And lets not forget (don't remember what season) but it looked like he was wearing dentures, Meth eats the teeth up.

NightTrain
03-11-2016, 09:30 AM
And lets not forget (don't remember what season) but it looked like he was wearing dentures, Meth eats the teeth up.

I noticed a couple years ago that Hoss had what looked like dentures, and that was after he'd lost over 100 pounds.

Jeff
03-11-2016, 09:43 AM
I noticed a couple years ago that Hoss had what looked like dentures, and that was after he'd lost over 100 pounds.

Yea I wasn't sure what the heck was going on with both of them, they showed up for the new season skinny and with bright white perfect teeth. :laugh:

What I wonder about is the sexual assault charges, and hell gun charges ?? After watching the show I just took it for granted that all the employees owned guns, heck half of the shows show them shooting. In fact one episode the Old man challenges them all to a skeet shoot and Big Hoss and Chum show up with assault type shot guns. I am guessing the gun charges are do to the Meth charges, Meth + Guns don't add up to well.

Bilgerat
03-11-2016, 11:12 AM
Too soon?

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/12799133_1666394663621621_1955749604667887380_n.jp g?oh=96fbe0614dd1586adc8272ba544608ef&oe=575358E1

Elessar
03-11-2016, 02:35 PM
22 years here and no tats

And I also have the same questions

37 years here and no tats. I do not need them ... I have plenty of scars! :laugh:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-12-2016, 07:56 AM
37 years here and no tats. I do not need them ... I have plenty of scars! :laugh:

I got the scars too but no tats.
My cousin had beautiful tats, works of art , tasteful placed and done.
And not too numerous.
I do not have tats but I am not against them if they are executed as art and not covering too much skin.
Small sexy one on a beautiful woman well placed, is exceptionally appealing to me.--Tyr

Bilgerat
03-12-2016, 09:05 AM
I got the scars too but no tats.
My cousin had beautiful tats, works of art , tasteful placed and done.
And not too numerous.
I do not have tats but I am not against them if they are executed as art and not covering too much skin.
Small sexy one on a beautiful woman well placed, is exceptionally appealing to me.--Tyr

My sister had a lovely butterfly tat on the upper part of her breast back in her younger days.

Small, dainty, quite pretty.

Then.

She's 62 now, the damn thing looks like a bat :laugh:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-12-2016, 09:10 AM
My sister had a lovely butterfly tat on the upper part of her breast back in her younger days.

Then.

:laugh:, my comment was about sexy, young and beautiful women..
62 is well past that stage.
I myself turned 62 last week(it shows) and my beautiful wife (of eleven years now) will turn 36 this coming August.

CSM
03-12-2016, 09:11 AM

Then.

Your sister or the tat?

Abbey Marie
03-12-2016, 09:14 AM
Your sister or the tat?

Ouch

CSM
03-12-2016, 09:28 AM
Ouch

Just teasing

jimnyc
03-12-2016, 09:41 AM
Rick's gonna stand by and help Chum:

Rick Harrison, co-owner of the pawn shop upon which the History Channel show Pawn Stars is based, has weighed in on the arrest of Austin "Chumlee" Russell. Chumlee was arrested Wednesday on 19 drug and gun charges. His bail was set at $62,000.

"We don't have details yet but are here to help Chumlee however we can," Rick Harrison said in an interview with People magazine.

Officers arrived at Chumlee's home to serve him with a search warrant regarding a sexual assault investigation. Although he was never charged in the sexual assault case, officers found firearms, meth, and marijuana in his home.

Rick Harrison first hired Chumlee when he was 21, but has known him since he was a child. He serves as a father figure to the 33-year-old.

http://www.webpronews.com/rick-harrison-pawn-stars-co-owner-weighs-in-on-austin-chumlee-russells-arrest-2016-03/

NightTrain
03-12-2016, 09:49 AM
Yeah, the Pawn Shop is going to make sure he's got the best lawyers. They've got deep pockets.

Jeff
03-12-2016, 09:52 AM

Then.

Tell her to go to a good tattooist and get it redone, I have had many Tatts from 35 + years ago, one was in memory of my oldest son (that would of been 30 years old) and yes they do get to looking bad over the years but the one I recently had redone for my son looks like a brand new Tatt, now if I could figure out how to make the rest of me look brand new I would be doing something. :laugh:

Your sister or the tat?

OK, this cracked me up !!! Cold but funny as hell, I have to spread them before adding anymore. :laugh:

Abbey Marie
03-12-2016, 10:14 AM
Just teasing

Yeah, I know. :cool:

jimnyc
03-16-2016, 05:14 AM
Chum is in some serious hot water!!

-----

Chumlee's Las Vegas home was loaded with so many drugs and weapons, it's consistent with a drug dealer's setup -- and featured a party spot called the "Chum Chum" room ... according to the police.

TMZ obtained the results of the search cops conducted when they arrested the "Pawn Stars" cast member last week -- and there's a huge laundry list of narcotics.

- 1 gallon Ziploc with 116 grams (1/4 pound) of marijuana
- 2 clear jars of marijuana (8.2 grams and 2.8 grams)
- 1 bag with 4.4 grams marijuana
- 7 clear capsules with 1.7 grams of methamphetamine powder
- 17 Xanax bars

According to cops, Chumlee copped to smoking "a lot of weed" ... but insisted he's not a drug dealer. He said he typically buys in bulk, just for convenience

http://www.tmz.com/2016/03/15/chumlee-search-warrant-drugs-marijuana-cocaine/

And a PDF if anyone interested in the po po documents:

http://tmz.vo.llnwd.net/o28/newsdesk/tmz_documents/chumlee-arrest-document-objects-seized-TMZ-04.pdf

NightTrain
03-16-2016, 05:18 AM
Looks like Pawn Stars will have to get a new dumb guy for the next 3-5 years.

jimnyc
03-16-2016, 05:39 AM
Looks like Pawn Stars will have to get a new dumb guy for the next 3-5 years.

He better get a good lawyer to keep him away from "distribution" charges. Regardless, in Nevada, it's 1-4 years for an ounce or less, 4th offense. Granted, this isn't his fourth... but 1/4 pound is definitely a good felony! The meth is a felony, and the Xanax is a felony. Plus if you read the PDF, you'll see he has a LOT of paraphernalia, which looks more like distribution.

Then it looks like 11 guns in total. He better have all of his paperwork in line! And even if so, I guess he can kiss them goodbye, unless he somehow gets the felony charges dropped!

NightTrain
03-16-2016, 05:59 AM
He better get a good lawyer to keep him away from "distribution" charges. Regardless, in Nevada, it's 1-4 years for an ounce or less, 4th offense. Granted, this isn't his fourth... but 1/4 pound is definitely a good felony! The meth is a felony, and the Xanax is a felony. Plus if you read the PDF, you'll see he has a LOT of paraphernalia, which looks more like distribution.

Then it looks like 11 guns in total. He better have all of his paperwork in line! And even if so, I guess he can kiss them goodbye, unless he somehow gets the felony charges dropped!

The pot is no big deal.

But that meth and xanax is, and combine that with only 4 of those guns registered to him - if any are stolen, he's going to get hammered hard. Stolen guns and hard drugs found together are a big no no.

I'm not sure why the cops would make him open his safe when they were investigating a sexual assault. He must have had some drug related items laying out in the open to change their focus or something, I don't know how things work in NV... but I understood it to be they had to look for things in areas related strictly to the search warrant, not a full tear-your-house-apart raid.

Unless he opened the door when they knocked and told them 'yes' when they asked if they could look around. In which case I'd have to reassess my buddy's story about Chum being a pretty smart guy!

jimnyc
03-16-2016, 06:04 AM
The pot is no big deal.

Depends on state law and whether it's possession or distribution. Distribution and he's got serious issues. But even possession of that amount can be serious, or at least a regular felony charge. I grew up in NJ, and it would STILL be potentially facing 5-10 years for that amount there! Yeah, they need to fix these laws, IMO, or just legalize. Methinks you are in Alaska, where it's legal now, and don't realize it's still like murder in some other places! LOL

But that meth and xanax is, and combine that with only 4 of those guns registered to him - if any are stolen, he's going to get hammered hard. Stolen guns and hard drugs found together are a big no no.

They ain't playing around with meth. He MAY be able to find a doc to help him get around the Xanax charges, but doubtful. But meth, you're "cooked"!

I'm not sure why the cops would make him open his safe when they were investigating a sexual assault. He must have had some drug related items laying out in the open to change their focus or something, I don't know how things work in NV... but I understood it to be they had to look for things in areas related strictly to the search warrant, not a full tear-your-house-apart raid.

Unless he opened the door when they knocked and told them 'yes' when they asked if they could look around. In which case I'd have to reassess my buddy's story about Chum being a pretty smart guy!

That's his fight, to try and toss out what they found based on the warrant, that's his only hope. But if they were looking for photos/movies or anything like that, they may say that the safe is an obvious place. I dunno. Or yeah, maybe the dumbass had a scale sitting on top of the safe for all I know!

NightTrain
03-16-2016, 06:31 AM
Depends on state law and whether it's possession or distribution. Distribution and he's got serious issues. But even possession of that amount can be serious, or at least a regular felony charge. I grew up in NJ, and it would STILL be potentially facing 5-10 years for that amount there! Yeah, they need to fix these laws, IMO, or just legalize. Methinks you are in Alaska, where it's legal now, and don't realize it's still like murder in some other places! LOL

A quarter pound? That's not much! I didn't think the other States were still being harsh with pot possession... and to say that having 1/4 pound is distribution quantity is going to be hard to prove on it's own, I'm guessing.

They ain't playing around with meth. He MAY be able to find a doc to help him get around the Xanax charges, but doubtful. But meth, you're "cooked"!

Even residue will get you a Class B Felony.. yeah, he's screwed.

That's his fight, to try and toss out what they found based on the warrant, that's his only hope. But if they were looking for photos/movies or anything like that, they may say that the safe is an obvious place. I dunno. Or yeah, maybe the dumbass had a scale sitting on top of the safe for all I know!

It'll be an interesting case, because he'll have the best lawyers.

Is Jackie Chiles still in the game?

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8627&stc=1

jimnyc
03-16-2016, 06:42 AM
Is Jackie Chiles still in the game?

Only if they found some Oh Henry bars, or some nice bras. :coffee:

NightTrain
03-16-2016, 06:56 AM
Only if they found some Oh Henry bars, or some nice bras. :coffee:

Don't forget the Tobacco Lawsuit. That was funny as hell.

jimnyc
03-16-2016, 07:09 AM
Don't forget the Tobacco Lawsuit. That was funny as hell.

I still watch Seinfeld at least 2x per week if I can, if not more. Usually on anywhere from 6-8pm. Jackie and Kramer were funny as hell together!

NightTrain
03-16-2016, 07:59 AM
I still watch Seinfeld at least 2x per week if I can, if not more. Usually on anywhere from 6-8pm. Jackie and Kramer were funny as hell together!

Throw Newman into that mix and I'd almost break ribs laughing. Funniest series ever, hands down.

jimnyc
03-16-2016, 08:11 AM
Throw Newman into that mix and I'd almost break ribs laughing. Funniest series ever, hands down.

Always hated that fat bastard, but he cracked me up at the same time!!