PDA

View Full Version : Again. UN Peacekeepers Are Sexual Menace

Kathianne
03-11-2016, 09:15 AM
Another day, another report. No changes.

http://warisboring.com/articles/u-n-peacekeepers-are-a-sexual-menace/

namvet
03-11-2016, 05:47 PM
Another day, another report. No changes.

http://warisboring.com/articles/u-n-peacekeepers-are-a-sexual-menace/

another day is right. for years this has been going on. they take the AIDS virus and other diseases back home. and the world don't give a rats butt

revelarts
03-11-2016, 05:59 PM
sarcasm alert

I don't know Kathianne i have some care fatigue here.
sexual assault . what about Bill Clinton and Vince foster.

And it's war, you can't bring Christian values into war either you just can't. Sometime a soldier just has to rape to get the job done.
I agree with you in principal but this is the real world here. those peace keepers are doing a job for the greater good.

Plus rapes happens all the time in war. that's just the way it is. why complain now? where were you in viet nam kathianne?
And it's just a bunch of brown women getting raped anyway they deserve it probably.
I said those prostituted that complained about rape deserved it too.

Plus what about OJ Simpson?!

namvet
03-11-2016, 06:05 PM

And it's war, you can't bring Christian values into war either you just can't. Sometime a soldier just has to rape to get the job done.
I agree with you in principal but this is the real world here. those peace keepers are doing a job for the greater good.

Plus rapes happens all the time in war. that's just the way it is. why complain now? where were you in viet nam kathianne?
And it's just a bunch of brown women getting raped anyway they deserve it probably.

UN "peacekeeper" think about that

revelarts
03-11-2016, 06:12 PM
UN "peacekeeper" think about that

Yes i completely agree it's horrific.
U.N "Peacekeepers".
"Spreading Democracy"
"Iraqi Freedom"
"Planned Parenthood"
"Patriot Act"

the titles that cover death and corruption are kind of unreal nowadays

Abbey Marie
03-11-2016, 06:31 PM
sarcasm alert

Your mockery of my post is noted. I'm starting to see you differently.

revelarts
03-11-2016, 07:02 PM
abbey I'm just trying to make a very serious point by making it stark.
It's not for "fun" but in a desperate attempt to shock us into being more equally sensitive in our outrage.
I'm Afraid of the Idea of THIS persons pain is important but others aren't so much OR maybe they even deserve it or it's OK as long as it happened before OR it's just necessary collateral damage on the way to the america we want!

that idea shocks me to my core and many here seem so nonchalant about it.
if i offend some feelings bit to make my point so be it. People are being spit on, beaten raped and killed.
To me bruised egos are a collateral damage worth risking if we can all move to a more empathetic place.

If few harsh/mocking words on my part can shock anyone into taking a 2nd look at someone else's pain as the same as their own or AT LEAST deserving of real consideration, well then i can live with that.

If it just pisses people off well, sorry. I've also tried to say things in a nice way using reason but that hasn't worked very well either.

Black Diamond
03-11-2016, 08:00 PM

It took you this long because you're such a good person.

jimnyc
03-12-2016, 05:27 AM

That's how it starts, with a 'sarcasm alert'. You'll find your "quote" being used in various contexts and never have a link used to your actual post. And the more you dare disagree, the more you'll see your words torn apart and used as a quote somehow again, always without linking, and always misquoted and represented wrong. Don't bother asking that it doesn't happen to you, it's useless. The only thing you can do is avoid saying anything like you have before, or you will only add to the things that can be used elsewhere and misquoted. And yes - mocked too.

You are only collateral damage, sorry! :laugh: