PDA

View Full Version : Sony is an awful company

waterrescuedude2000
07-17-2007, 05:54 AM
I had a PS2 But it doesnt work now keeps giving me the old error insert a PS format disc. Well thats pretty pathetic considering that my PS one lasted longer than the PS2. I am going to take it in to a shop in town see if they can fix it though. So now it makes me wonder if i should buy a PS3??? I mean there are some awesome games out though. Anyways was just complaining about Sony.

dan
07-17-2007, 06:20 AM
How old is your PS2? I've been happy with mine, I've had it for about five years now and only recently did I begin to have any trouble with it reading discs.

But, it will probably be many years before I get a PS3, if I ever get one at all. I don't care about the Blu-Ray, and they haven't put out that many good games, so I just can't justify $600. I'm definitely in the market for a Wii right now, though. I just wish you could play movies on it.

nevadamedic
07-17-2007, 01:36 PM
I had a PS2 But it doesnt work now keeps giving me the old error insert a PS format disc. Well thats pretty pathetic considering that my PS one lasted longer than the PS2. I am going to take it in to a shop in town see if they can fix it though. So now it makes me wonder if i should buy a PS3??? I mean there are some awesome games out though. Anyways was just complaining about Sony.

Sony is an awesome company. They make the top rated home electronics. The PS2 had a lot of problems that were supposedly fixed in the PS3. You also have to realize that those things are so mass produced that a couple are bound to go bad, it just happens.

nevadamedic
07-17-2007, 01:38 PM
How old is your PS2? I've been happy with mine, I've had it for about five years now and only recently did I begin to have any trouble with it reading discs.

But, it will probably be many years before I get a PS3, if I ever get one at all. I don't care about the Blu-Ray, and they haven't put out that many good games, so I just can't justify $600. I'm definitely in the market for a Wii right now, though. I just wish you could play movies on it.

The PS3's price has dropped it's either 399 or 499, I cant remember, and I bet it will drop again by Christmas. Also ever 10 hours of play on any game system thats reads a cd type game your supposed to run a cleaning disc throught it, it will increase the life of the system.

jackass
07-17-2007, 05:14 PM
Sony is WAY overpriced!!

mrg666
07-20-2007, 12:17 PM
the error you are getting indicates either a faulty / worn out lazer or drive or a dirty lens the first requires a new lazer the second requires you clean the lens .
get a cd / dvd cleaning kit including fluid and run it through , for the couple of dollars it will fetch you back its worth the try and you allways have it for other stuff
:cool:

manu1959
07-20-2007, 01:08 PM

i would buy an xbox 360....have a ps2 ps3 and original xbox along with an old nintendo a wii a sega original pong...etc.... yes i am a game freak...

nevadamedic
07-20-2007, 01:33 PM
i would buy an xbox 360....have a ps2 ps3 and original xbox along with an old nintendo a wii a sega original pong...etc.... yes i am a game freak...

Just make sure you clean them every 10 hours of play with a lens cleaner. The same is reccommended for a dvd player and your car cd player.

Monkeybone
07-20-2007, 01:37 PM
i have an orignial Xbox and have never cleaned it. same with my PS2. but try the cleaner, pull the old NES and try to blow in it while it is open

nevadamedic
07-20-2007, 01:43 PM
i have an orignial Xbox and have never cleaned it. same with my PS2. but try the cleaner, pull the old NES and try to blow in it while it is open

Why not just get the FC Twin unit the plays regular Nintendo Cartridges and Super Nintendo Cartridges. There's a store in Reno that sell's it, that's where I got mine.

nevadamedic
07-22-2007, 09:15 PM
Sony is WAY overpriced!!

So is Xbox